OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Troubleshooting random network connectivity loss

The content of this topic has been archived on 25 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I recently installed "OpenWrt Barrier Breaker 14.07 / LuCI Trunk (0.12+svn-r10530)" on my Asus RT-N56U router, and find that the router quite frequently stops responding, and I end up pulling the power cable to get it back up and running.

There's always a lot of different things that may be causing such issues, and a vast amount of things to do to troubleshoot the issue.

I'm sure others here have had the same type of issue, and I'd very much like some advice on how to start troubleshooting this starting from the most likely problem. I'm working on getting some sort of logging up and running, and I guess this will be the very first step towards understanding what's going on, but please advice on other thing to look into.

Best regards,
kenneho

(Last edited by kenneho on 5 Jun 2016, 19:23)

why are you installing a jurassic build firmware that is based on trunk.

go download the recent trunk image (if thats youre taste) or use the latest stable build which is Chaos Calmer 15.05.1

Then see if the problem persist.

I upgraded to "OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05.1 / LuCI 15.05-149-g0d8bbd2 Release (git-15.363.78009-956be55)" now, and hope this will make things a lot more stable.

The discussion might have continued from here.