OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: FRAPPR - Where are the OpenWrt routers in the World?

The content of this topic has been archived between 4 Apr 2018 and 26 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hey guys,
Why don't you join the FRAPPR page of people that have a OpenWrt router?
The DD-WRT community is very large. Why  shouldn't OpenWrt be larger?

http://www.frappr.com/openwrt

- Cris

Agree! I feel the OpenWRT is a larger community and your suggestion is one way to prove it.

We are increasing, but we can become more... ;-)

Cris wrote:

Hey guys,
Why don't you join the FRAPPR page of people that have a OpenWrt router?
The DD-WRT community is very large. Why  shouldn't OpenWrt be larger?

http://www.frappr.com/openwrt

- Cris

This is pretty cool, Cris, using GMap API.

OpenWRT rocks!!!

~Peter

This is cool, but you will recieve spam mail from www.frappr.com !

Very nice.

Hi guys,

the following command require a CVS password.
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@openwrt.org:/openwrt login

Typing "enter" the system return the following message:
CVS [login abort]: connect to openwrt.org (195.56.146.238): 20401 Failed: Connection refused

Is the CVS server active?

mrk78 wrote:

Hi guys,

the following command require a CVS password.
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@openwrt.org:/openwrt login

Typing "enter" the system return the following message:
CVS [login abort]: connect to openwrt.org (195.56.146.238): 20401 Failed: Connection refused

Is the CVS server active?

We are using svn for more then a year now.... https://dev.openwrt.org

Just an FYI...I have put over 100+ routers out on the west coast within the last few months.

I would just like to take this thread as an opportunity to give the thumbs up for this project. I'm simply amazed by how well openwrt runs on my good ol' linksys. The improvements after spending some time configuring it are unbelievable - I had no idea this was possible. Have I been running crap the past 3 years? You bet I have! smile
Keep it up devs - awesome job

Marked @ Frappr.

Thanks for the great linux work!

Check out Houston, TX (USA)

Vicc wrote:

I would just like to take this thread as an opportunity to give the thumbs up for this project. I'm simply amazed by how well openwrt runs on my good ol' linksys. The improvements after spending some time configuring it are unbelievable - I had no idea this was possible. Have I been running crap the past 3 years? You bet I have! smile
Keep it up devs - awesome job

Ditto.  If you think it's fun to use it, you should try hacking on it.  I work for one of those horrid "tools of management opression" filtering companies, and we of course continually quest to oppress employees of ever-smaller customers.  For the past 6 months I've been studying (part time) how to squeeze services comparable to what runs on our big iron into an AP.  Two WRTSL54GS dev boxes, a Ubuntu VM on my MacBook (yay Parallels!) and a lot of head-scratching later, I have web and IM filtering working in the box.  Yeah, it's GNU based, so the underpinnings will get release before we ship it (if we ship it) but working with OpenWRT has been a blast.  Great job, team.

I should probably jump to buildroot-ng one of these days, but WhiteRussian has been meeting all of my needs.  My home network runs on one of the development boxes now, it's been stable and reliable.  One of the programmers who's been helping out has been running at home  as well, he has a 300gb USB drive attached to his WRTSL and runs SAMBA inside the house and serves web pages internally and externally.

Rock on OpenWRT.

This map is tons of fun :))
Europe + US basically :))

Buahahhaha

At Mario from south America big_smile

Im sorry if ur a real person but that picture just killed me !

Hello from Belarus cool
---
F.D.V.
wrt54gl v1.1

One more from the igloos of Saskatchewan.

Hello from Bucharest, Romania!

I've removed my account from the Frappr site.

I simply canNOT use that UI.  There's something fundamentally wrong with it, and I grew so frustrated with it that I bailed.

If there's a similar site with a better UI, I'm all in.

hey ovydake ... hey all

thumbs up for bucharest ! smile

404 not found
lol

The only "lol" thing here is answering a thread after two and a half year and wondering about dead links.

So why its still sticky?

beavis88 wrote:

So why its still sticky?

Um, because it was made sticky 2 years ago?  I think there isn't a time limit to the sticky setting.  Where's the confusion here?

Is anyone else interpreting the lol as anything but disparagement?

Hey guys, dead link in a sticky post.

Can we have somebody with authority clear the sticky bit, let this thread sink?