1,401 (edited by davidc502 2017-04-20 22:17:10)

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

@aweir14150

OpenWrt/LEDE/DD-WRT is so efficient, it doesn't use the RAM the V1 has, much less ACS or ACM.  However, there are applications like snort which will kill just about anyone's router's RAM smile   For 99% of users out there, the RAM it comes with is more than enough.

As for OpenVPN, my "Snapshot" doesn't do well even with cryptodev activated. I've worked at it for a long time, and can't seem to get any more than 5 or 6 mbps upload/download. However, there are other builds that claim to get much more, so they might be doing something special that's allowing much faster speeds. Almost forgot... with OpenVPN, I've set my router up to be the client, so I haven't tried connecting to it as the "Server", so speeds might be faster in that scenario.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

I've read that we are now looking at mid May before the new 3200acm driver is ready.

Thought everyone should know.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

davidc502 wrote:

I've read that we are now looking at mid May before the new 3200acm driver is ready.

Thought everyone should know.

Yeah... read that too.

BTW: Loved your new "Releases" page! Will allow us to see the date of each one! Maybe add at the top a link to "how to test the sha256 for dummies" would also help.

Regards,
Mariano

Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r4049-9412fc2 / LuCI Master (git-17.117.26217-26fb47b) on Kernel 4.9.20

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

David, LEDE 17.01.1 is out!

https://forum.lede-project.org/t/lede-v … lease/3134

Regards,
Mariano

Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r4049-9412fc2 / LuCI Master (git-17.117.26217-26fb47b) on Kernel 4.9.20

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

mariano.silva wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

I've read that we are now looking at mid May before the new 3200acm driver is ready.

Thought everyone should know.

Yeah... read that too.

BTW: Loved your new "Releases" page! Will allow us to see the date of each one! Maybe add at the top a link to "how to test the sha256 for dummies" would also help.

That is a good idea....  There's a lot of work that still needs to be done including the new releases page.  I'm sure there's going to be confusion about https and why you get a warning the 1st time you go there... etc.

Also, would love to have good common sense documentation on how to set up dnscrypt.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

mariano.silva wrote:

David, LEDE 17.01.1 is out!

https://forum.lede-project.org/t/lede-v … lease/3134

The biggie fix IMHO is nslookup as it's been broken for a long time.  I cheer not having to add a nslookup patch to the build anymore... lol

Still -- They need to fix sysupgrade!  So that everyone can upgrade from the gui.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

@davidc502 New driver is released! https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/pull/145

Can you compile to test in the wrt3200acm?

1,408

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

S Pimenta wrote:

@davidc502 New driver is released! https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/pull/145

Can you compile to test in the wrt3200acm?

Looks like the new 10.3.4.0-20170421 has a significant number of commits from the 0110 driver.  Hopefully you can include in your next build.

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

Will start working on this when I get home this afternoon.  I should have it up around 10pm tonight.

Thanks,

David

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

1,410

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

I personally doubt it fixes all the wifi problems, unless they made a major breakthrough... If not, why would they quote mid-may and on the same day release a new one?

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

farchord wrote:

I personally doubt it fixes all the wifi problems, unless they made a major breakthrough... If not, why would they quote mid-may and on the same day release a new one?

It's a Pre-QA release

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

I wouldn't worry because it's going to have issues wink   This just means we have new releases to look forward too. smile

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

1,413

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

davidc502 wrote:

Will start working on this when I get home this afternoon.  I should have it up around 10pm tonight.

Thanks,

David

Thanks @david!  Can't wait!

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

starcms wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Will start working on this when I get home this afternoon.  I should have it up around 10pm tonight.

Thanks,

David

Thanks @david!  Can't wait!

Me neither ... it's 3.30 AM here in Chile and I will keep waiting smile

Regards,
Mariano

Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r4049-9412fc2 / LuCI Master (git-17.117.26217-26fb47b) on Kernel 4.9.20

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

Two builds have failed to finish... I'm working on it.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

Hi David, will your new build have the same release as Sera's?

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php … 01#p356801

WRT3200ACM(main) 
WRT1900ACv2(ap) 
WRT1900ACv1(client)
All running some form of Openwrt :)

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

mojolacerator wrote:

Hi David, will your new build have the same release as Sera's?

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php … 01#p356801

No, it will not.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

1,418 (edited by davidc502 2017-04-22 20:05:20)

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

Okay... it just finished compiling and the new images have been copied over to the server.

This is a bit of a rush as I haven't had a chance to do any testing,,,,   https is redirecting and working correctly.  dnscrypt is running, but not working quite right. It's probably just a configuration issue. The new darkmatters theme is there by default.

The distribution feed URL(s) are wrong. Change the URL's to the following. Once the URL is change opkg will work properly.

src/gz reboot_core https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r3988/targets/mvebu/generic/packages
src/gz reboot_base https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r3988/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/base
src/gz reboot_luci https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r3988/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/luci
src/gz reboot_packages https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r3988/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/packages
src/gz reboot_routing https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r3988/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/routing
src/gz reboot_telephony https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r3988/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/telephony
# src/gz reboot_darkmatter https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r3988/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/darkmatter
David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

davidc502 wrote:

Okay... it just finished compiling and the new images have been copied over to the server.

This is a bit of a rush as I haven't had a chance to do any testing,,,,   https is redirecting and working correctly.  dnscrypt is running, but not working quite right. It's probably just a configuration issue. The new darkmatters theme is there by default.

The distribution feed URL(s) are wrong. Change the URL's to the following. Once the URL is change opkg will work properly.

THANKS David!! Doing the update now and will provide feedback if needed through this forum!

Regards,
Mariano

Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r4049-9412fc2 / LuCI Master (git-17.117.26217-26fb47b) on Kernel 4.9.20

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

Let me know if wifi is wonky even if you're not on the 3200acm.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

I'm showing severe wifi issues on the acm. Shortly after boot, the devices can no longer connect and are dropped.

Sat Apr 22 15:18:15 2017 kern.err kernel: [ 1858.565114] ieee80211 phy0: cmd 0x9122=UpdateEncryption timed out
Sat Apr 22 15:18:15 2017 kern.err kernel: [ 1858.571253] ieee80211 phy0: return code: 0x1122
Sat Apr 22 15:18:15 2017 kern.err kernel: [ 1858.575805] ieee80211 phy0: timeout: 0x1122
Sat Apr 22 15:18:15 2017 kern.err kernel: [ 1858.580017] wlan0: failed to remove key (0, 00:bb:3a:be:52:69) from hardware (-5)
Sat Apr 22 15:18:15 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: nl80211: nl80211_recv_beacons->nl_recvmsgs failed: -5
Sat Apr 22 15:18:19 2017 kern.err kernel: [ 1862.592995] ieee80211 phy0: cmd 0x9111=SetNewStation timed out
Sat Apr 22 15:18:19 2017 kern.err kernel: [ 1862.598873] ieee80211 phy0: return code: 0x1111
Sat Apr 22 15:18:19 2017 kern.err kernel: [ 1862.603422] ieee80211 phy0: timeout: 0x1111
Sat Apr 22 15:18:19 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: nl80211: nl80211_recv_beacons->nl_recvmsgs failed: -5

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

1,422

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

Updated from the 4.9 test firmware with 'preserve settings' on my wrt1900acs v1.
No problems encountered and working at the moment.

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

adri wrote:

Updated from the 4.9 test firmware with 'preserve settings' on my wrt1900acs v1.
No problems encountered and working at the moment.

Thanks for the update...

Just started compiling the same config but with kernel 4.9. Will test wifi driver from there.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

adri wrote:

Updated from the 4.9 test firmware with 'preserve settings' on my wrt1900acs v1.
No problems encountered and working at the moment.

Same here on the 1900ACS v1. On the 3200, WiFi is solid since a couple hours now. For some reason I cannot choose anything above 20 dBm, and the GUI values are sometimes off (minor stuff).

Anyway, thanks for the update and I'll also test the 4.9 version!

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

Everything has just finished for kernel 4.9 and started testing. Will upload shortly and provide the link.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver