Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

S Pimenta wrote:
bill1228 wrote:

@david
Figured you might have missed the 's' in the acs. wink  Easy enough to do.
Installed r3681 on my wrt1900acs v1. I was able to modify the WAN MAC and still get a IPv4 address from the ISP as I should get. So that is fixed in this build. Everything else that I use, wireless, routing and Internet access is working fine. No issues so far and do not expect any.

Will give you a heads up if I do encounter any issues.

Thanks for all the effort you put into providing us stupid Linksys folks wink with a excellent firmware build. Have to admit it is the look of the old wrt54g that got me hooked. Hopefully we get a good driver here at the end of the month.

--bill

Can you confirm the WIFI on wrt1900acs is completely stable with lots of devices connected (stressing the network), and no bandwidth throughput fluctuations?

I hope the WRT3200ACM will come also to this WIFI stability...

I haven't heard of any issues and that's mainly because the wifi driver has been honed for a while. You shouldn't have any issues, but wifi varies from location to location because of the environment (walls/furniture/buildings) and most importantly interference.

Give it a try, and it if doesn't work out it is easy to go back.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

S Pimenta wrote:
bill1228 wrote:

@david
Figured you might have missed the 's' in the acs. wink  Easy enough to do.
Installed r3681 on my wrt1900acs v1. I was able to modify the WAN MAC and still get a IPv4 address from the ISP as I should get. So that is fixed in this build. Everything else that I use, wireless, routing and Internet access is working fine. No issues so far and do not expect any.

Will give you a heads up if I do encounter any issues.

Thanks for all the effort you put into providing us stupid Linksys folks wink with a excellent firmware build. Have to admit it is the look of the old wrt54g that got me hooked. Hopefully we get a good driver here at the end of the month.

--bill

Can you confirm the WIFI on wrt1900acs is completely stable with lots of devices connected (stressing the network), and no bandwidth throughput fluctuations?

I hope the WRT3200ACM will come also to this WIFI stability...

I never knew that the wifi driver for wrt1900acs (v2) would be considered "unstable" ... that's a KEY component of what we'd expect out of a Wireless router, isn't it? smile

Regards,
Mariano

Linksys WRT1900 ACS V2 - Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r3988-f66e7cb / LuCI Master (git-17.111.69575-494fc4c) on Kernel 4.9.20

1,253 (edited by bill1228 2017-03-16 18:29:57)

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

@david
Yes stability is good for me on the 5GHz wireless. No dropouts so far. There were 2 Netflix streaming devices running all evening without any issues such as pauses or disconnects so is looking good. Had a total of 6 devices on 5GHz and 6 devices, yes good old 2.4. I also ran my iperf test on the 5GHz wireless. Client is a Windows 10 Pro with Asus USB-AC56. Server is Windows 10 Pro Gig Ethernet connected to the wrt1900acs. Ran the iperf3 test for 1 hour and when reviewing the output it was pretty steady, no dips.

So unless something changes, which I do not expect, this build looks good on my wrt1900acs. As I said I will update if I have any issues. 

Thanks again for your work on getting us, none compilers, a great firmware. I do run other firmware just to see how well they are doing, but come back to either you or ispyisial's Gargoyle which runs really well on the wrt1900acs. He is running the previous wireless driver and gives very good performance in my case. Was running Gargoyle when your build had the WAN MAC issue. Brainslayer has redesigned his wireless support and now his last two builds have run very well, BUT I always come back to LEDE and especially yours. I do not know what it is, probably just in my head, but I prefer your builds over cybrnook's. Don't have issues when running his just feels different, which of course it really is not.

--bill

Linksys WRT3200ACM
Linksys WRT1900ACS V1
Linksys WRT1900AC V1
Everyone has a right to be stupid once in awhile. Yet some just abuse the privilege.

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

Maybe I misunderstood what I've read on the forum lately.... 5Ghz stability issues, reboots required....

I quite a newbie on OpenWrt... Maybe I made a confusion of issues with OEM stock firmware with unstable releases of OpenWrt... whatever... Thanks that's good news.... because I almost think about to return to Amazon my WRT3200ACM... Is such a beast of router perfomance!

mariano.silva wrote:

I never knew that the wifi driver for wrt1900acs (v2) would be considered "unstable" ... that's a KEY component of what we'd expect out of a Wireless router, isn't it? smile

Of course my main concern is Wifi, that's the main reason to upgrade my router...

Thanks again!

1,255 (edited by davidc502 2017-03-16 21:34:04)

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

S Pimenta wrote:

Maybe I misunderstood what I've read on the forum lately.... 5Ghz stability issues, reboots required....

I quite a newbie on OpenWrt... Maybe I made a confusion of issues with OEM stock firmware with unstable releases of OpenWrt... whatever... Thanks that's good news.... because I almost think about to return to Amazon my WRT3200ACM... Is such a beast of router perfomance!

mariano.silva wrote:

I never knew that the wifi driver for wrt1900acs (v2) would be considered "unstable" ... that's a KEY component of what we'd expect out of a Wireless router, isn't it? smile

Of course my main concern is Wifi, that's the main reason to upgrade my router...

Thanks again!

So, we are talking about a couple of different things, and it depends on the hardware and kernel.

1. the 3200acm wifi is bad regardless... lol   Let's go ahead and get that one straight smile
2. the 1900ac Version 1 is rebooting every hour or more on kernel 4.9.x

Currently we are on kernel 4.4.53, but I did put a build with 4.9.x for testing purposes. So, we've had a few shout outs from folks using kernel 4.9.x and that has confused things a bit.

*EDIT*

Wifi is great with kernel 4.4.43 on the 1900ac Version 1, Version 2, and acm.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

1,256 (edited by bill1228 2017-03-16 22:14:25)

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

I am one of the folks causing confusion. David provided me with a 4.9 kernel build to try on my wrt1900acs v1 as I was having issues with doing a custom MAC on the WAN interface. The 4.9 kernel build has been rock solid so far, up for almost a day.

Yes from everything I read the wrt3200acm has stability issues on 5GHz no matter what you are running. Marvell is supposed to be close to releasing a new wireless driver, hopefully at the end of March. The wrt1900acs v1 I have is rock solid on any build I run on it,David's LEDE, Openwrt, Gargoyle, Brainslayer's latest DD-WRT. Have had issues with Kong's latest DD-WRT.  The wrt1900acs seems to be the sweet spot for wrt support right now. Shame as the wrt3200acm has such great hardware specs, but very poor support from Belkin/Linksy/Marvell  to the 3rd party devs. Support they give the 3rd party devs they should not be advertising the wrt line as Openwrt/DD-WRT ready IMHO.

Linksys WRT3200ACM
Linksys WRT1900ACS V1
Linksys WRT1900AC V1
Everyone has a right to be stupid once in awhile. Yet some just abuse the privilege.

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

@davidc502 Thanks for the clarification!

Do think will gonna in 2/3 months the wifi will be almost stable for the wrt3200acm with LEDE/OpenWrt?

One more question: I heard the 4.9 Linux Kernel is a big deal, especially for ARM based devices... The WRT series will also benefit from this? Or just for Raspberry Pi and other devices like that?

Thanks for your kind help!

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

Hi guys! Anyone here that is able to quickly build a package to deploy Crashplan (www.crashplan.com, the Java based distributed backup software) on LEDE?

I've tried myself but got stuck when found no implementation of CPIO , that is a dependency for the linux version of crashplan.

Having this ipk would be awesome... no more leaving a computer turned on 7x24 to serve the inbound backups from my other computers, and my friend's from all over the world.

The Crashplan package can be downloaded from their site, it's called CrashPlan_4.8.2_Linux.tgz .

Regards,
Mariano

Linksys WRT1900 ACS V2 - Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r3988-f66e7cb / LuCI Master (git-17.111.69575-494fc4c) on Kernel 4.9.20

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

S Pimenta wrote:

@davidc502 Thanks for the clarification!

Do think will gonna in 2/3 months the wifi will be almost stable for the wrt3200acm with LEDE/OpenWrt?

One more question: I heard the 4.9 Linux Kernel is a big deal, especially for ARM based devices... The WRT series will also benefit from this? Or just for Raspberry Pi and other devices like that?

Thanks for your kind help!

I think we are going to have a 3200acm wifi driver that's much better within 30 days, and from there, it will be a race to hone the driver which could take several months. Right now, it's unusable, within a month it should at least keep from crashing wink  I'm optimistic because there is focus from Linksys to get it done.

I think the Linksys series is going to benefit from the new kernel.  The 1900acs seems to like it just fine, and appears to run well. It's a little soon because when I look at trunk, every day they are making changes, so it will only get better.

Look through the following list to see the day by day changes.  https://github.com/lede-project/source/commits/master

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

1,260 (edited by bill1228 2017-03-17 23:33:43)

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

Boy you are right about lots of activity.

Yes my wrt1900acs v1 is running really with the new kernel. For me the current wireless driver runs well, but have this feeling that there should be better throughput on the 5GHz wireless.

Linksys WRT3200ACM
Linksys WRT1900ACS V1
Linksys WRT1900AC V1
Everyone has a right to be stupid once in awhile. Yet some just abuse the privilege.

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

bill1228 wrote:

Boy you are right about lots of activity.

Yes my wrt1900acs v1 is running really with the new kernel. For me the current wireless driver runs well, but have this feeling that there should be better throughput on the 5GHz wireless.

Did you guys post the link to the 4.9 build for the 1900ACS v1 somewhere here in the thread? If so, can you please point me to the posting...and if not, David, could you please provide a link to me as well? Would love to try it. Bleeding edge...!

1,262 (edited by davidc502 2017-03-18 00:06:36)

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

floydburgermcdahm wrote:
bill1228 wrote:

Boy you are right about lots of activity.

Yes my wrt1900acs v1 is running really with the new kernel. For me the current wireless driver runs well, but have this feeling that there should be better throughput on the 5GHz wireless.

Did you guys post the link to the 4.9 build for the 1900ACS v1 somewhere here in the thread? If so, can you please point me to the posting...and if not, David, could you please provide a link to me as well? Would love to try it. Bleeding edge...!

You can get the build here >  https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/sn … /r3681.zip 

It will contain all of the packages too.  Just look for the images in the /targets/mvebu/generic/    directory.

*EDIT*

Those on the 1900ac V1 -- Don't waste your time as the router will reboot every hour or more on this build.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

davidc502 wrote:

You can get the build here >  https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/sn … /r3681.zip 

It will contain all of the packages too.  Just look for the images in the /targets/mvebu/generic/    directory.

*EDIT*

Those on the 1900ac V1 -- Don't waste your time as the router will reboot every hour or more on this build.

Great, thanks. Downloading! Stuff for the weekend to explore.

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

davidc502 wrote:

I think we are going to have a 3200acm wifi driver that's much better within 30 days, and from there, it will be a race to hone the driver which could take several months. Right now, it's unusable, within a month it should at least keep from crashing wink  I'm optimistic because there is focus from Linksys to get it done.

I think the Linksys series is going to benefit from the new kernel.  The 1900acs seems to like it just fine, and appears to run well. It's a little soon because when I look at trunk, every day they are making changes, so it will only get better.

Look through the following list to see the day by day changes.  https://github.com/lede-project/source/commits/master

Thank you for the clarification!

It's exciting what you've said! I'm optimistic that the WRT3200ACM will be the best opensource router! (OpenWrt, LEDE, DD-WRT, etc)

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

David et all,

One strange thing happened a couple of times to my WRT1900ACS V2 with LEDE r3716:

A) Lost WIFI connectivity . My notebook and cellphone were still connected, but couldn't even ping the router or other computers on the LAN (nor WAN)
B) Changed my cellphone to 4G and SSH into the router. Worked.
C) Connected to LUCI from the WAN. Worked ok.
D) Looked at the "Networks --> Wireless" and the radio was up and running as normal
E) SSHd again , did WIFI down ; WIFI .

This fixed the issue, but this shouldn't be happening ... any ideas? Anyway to test that the wifi is working from the router side and reset it if not using chron?

Thanks in advance guys!

Regards,
Mariano

Linksys WRT1900 ACS V2 - Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r3988-f66e7cb / LuCI Master (git-17.111.69575-494fc4c) on Kernel 4.9.20

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

mariano.silva wrote:

David et all,

One strange thing happened a couple of times to my WRT1900ACS V2 with LEDE r3716:

A) Lost WIFI connectivity . My notebook and cellphone were still connected, but couldn't even ping the router or other computers on the LAN (nor WAN)
B) Changed my cellphone to 4G and SSH into the router. Worked.
C) Connected to LUCI from the WAN. Worked ok.
D) Looked at the "Networks --> Wireless" and the radio was up and running as normal
E) SSHd again , did WIFI down ; WIFI .

This fixed the issue, but this shouldn't be happening ... any ideas? Anyway to test that the wifi is working from the router side and reset it if not using chron?

Thanks in advance guys!

The logs may have rolled by now, but system and kernel logs would be good if they are still there? If not, the next time you notice this go ahead and log into the router and grab them.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

davidc502 wrote:
mariano.silva wrote:

David et all,

One strange thing happened a couple of times to my WRT1900ACS V2 with LEDE r3716:

A) Lost WIFI connectivity . My notebook and cellphone were still connected, but couldn't even ping the router or other computers on the LAN (nor WAN)
B) Changed my cellphone to 4G and SSH into the router. Worked.
C) Connected to LUCI from the WAN. Worked ok.
D) Looked at the "Networks --> Wireless" and the radio was up and running as normal
E) SSHd again , did WIFI down ; WIFI .

This fixed the issue, but this shouldn't be happening ... any ideas? Anyway to test that the wifi is working from the router side and reset it if not using chron?

Thanks in advance guys!


The logs may have rolled by now, but system and kernel logs would be good if they are still there? If not, the next time you notice this go ahead and log into the router and grab them.

Glad I've expanded the size of my log ... here it is

Sun Mar 19 19:19:56 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-POSSIBLE-PSK-MISMATCH 70:ee:50:03:6a:50
Sun Mar 19 19:19:57 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-POSSIBLE-PSK-MISMATCH 70:ee:50:03:6a:50
Sun Mar 19 19:19:58 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-POSSIBLE-PSK-MISMATCH 70:ee:50:03:6a:50
Sun Mar 19 19:20:04 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 70:ee:50:03:6a:50 IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request
Sun Mar 19 19:21:51 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA b4:b6:76:51:fc:ca WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Mar 19 19:21:51 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 88:51:fb:21:5f:62 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Mar 19 19:21:52 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA cc:25:ef:b8:a1:85 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Mar 19 19:21:52 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 00:56:cd:aa:72:16 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Mar 19 19:21:53 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Mar 19 19:21:53 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 24:a0:74:48:9b:3d WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Mar 19 19:26:32 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED 48:a1:95:05:99:c7
Sun Mar 19 19:26:32 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 IEEE 802.11: disassociated
Sun Mar 19 19:26:33 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)
Sun Mar 19 19:26:58 2017 kern.err kernel: [270392.271714] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth0: bad rx status 0f8d4000 (max frame length error), size=1536
Sun Mar 19 19:26:58 2017 kern.err kernel: [270392.652977] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth0: bad rx status 0f8d4000 (max frame length error), size=1536
Sun Mar 19 19:26:58 2017 kern.err kernel: [270393.085844] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth0: bad rx status 0f8d4000 (max frame length error), size=1536
Sun Mar 19 19:26:59 2017 kern.err kernel: [270393.848058] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth0: bad rx status 0f8d4000 (max frame length error), size=1536
Sun Mar 19 19:27:57 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Sun Mar 19 19:27:57 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 3)
Sun Mar 19 19:27:58 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-CONNECTED 48:a1:95:05:99:c7
Sun Mar 19 19:27:58 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Mar 19 19:27:59 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[2418]: DHCPREQUEST(br-lan) 192.168.1.195 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 
Sun Mar 19 19:27:59 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[2418]: DHCPACK(br-lan) 192.168.1.195 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 iPhone-7MDS-V2
Sun Mar 19 19:28:14 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED 48:a1:95:05:99:c7
Sun Mar 19 19:28:14 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 IEEE 802.11: disassociated
Sun Mar 19 19:28:15 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)
Sun Mar 19 19:29:09 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA b4:b6:76:51:fc:ca IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Sun Mar 19 19:29:09 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA b4:b6:76:51:fc:ca IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 5)
Sun Mar 19 19:29:09 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-CONNECTED b4:b6:76:51:fc:ca
Sun Mar 19 19:29:09 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA b4:b6:76:51:fc:ca WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)

... then I SSHd... and brought down the interface and back up again...


Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: interface state ENABLED->DISABLED
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED b4:b6:76:51:fc:ca
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED 00:56:cd:aa:72:16
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED cc:25:ef:b8:a1:85
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED 88:51:fb:21:5f:62
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED a0:99:9b:2d:57:91
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED 24:a0:74:48:9b:3d
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-DISABLED 
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING 
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: nl80211: deinit ifname=wlan1 disabled_11b_rates=0
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 kern.info kernel: [270544.880061] device wlan1 left promiscuous mode
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 kern.info kernel: [270544.884665] br-lan: port 2(wlan1) entered disabled state
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 kern.debug kernel: [270545.014127] ieee80211 phy1: change: 0x40
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 kern.debug kernel: [270545.107017] ieee80211 phy1: change: 0x100
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice netifd: Network device 'wlan1' link is down

Any ideas?

Regards,
Mariano

Linksys WRT1900 ACS V2 - Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r3988-f66e7cb / LuCI Master (git-17.111.69575-494fc4c) on Kernel 4.9.20

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

Have you tried statically setting up you IP on the disconnected device? does it ping then?

My printer, which was working under pre-4.5 no longer gets DHCP ipv4 addresses. It needed to be setup manually for the connection to work.

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

mariano.silva wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
mariano.silva wrote:

David et all,

One strange thing happened a couple of times to my WRT1900ACS V2 with LEDE r3716:

A) Lost WIFI connectivity . My notebook and cellphone were still connected, but couldn't even ping the router or other computers on the LAN (nor WAN)
B) Changed my cellphone to 4G and SSH into the router. Worked.
C) Connected to LUCI from the WAN. Worked ok.
D) Looked at the "Networks --> Wireless" and the radio was up and running as normal
E) SSHd again , did WIFI down ; WIFI .

This fixed the issue, but this shouldn't be happening ... any ideas? Anyway to test that the wifi is working from the router side and reset it if not using chron?

Thanks in advance guys!


The logs may have rolled by now, but system and kernel logs would be good if they are still there? If not, the next time you notice this go ahead and log into the router and grab them.

Glad I've expanded the size of my log ... here it is

Sun Mar 19 19:19:56 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-POSSIBLE-PSK-MISMATCH 70:ee:50:03:6a:50
Sun Mar 19 19:19:57 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-POSSIBLE-PSK-MISMATCH 70:ee:50:03:6a:50
Sun Mar 19 19:19:58 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-POSSIBLE-PSK-MISMATCH 70:ee:50:03:6a:50
Sun Mar 19 19:20:04 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 70:ee:50:03:6a:50 IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request
Sun Mar 19 19:21:51 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA b4:b6:76:51:fc:ca WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Mar 19 19:21:51 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 88:51:fb:21:5f:62 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Mar 19 19:21:52 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA cc:25:ef:b8:a1:85 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Mar 19 19:21:52 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 00:56:cd:aa:72:16 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Mar 19 19:21:53 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Mar 19 19:21:53 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 24:a0:74:48:9b:3d WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Mar 19 19:26:32 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED 48:a1:95:05:99:c7
Sun Mar 19 19:26:32 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 IEEE 802.11: disassociated
Sun Mar 19 19:26:33 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)
Sun Mar 19 19:26:58 2017 kern.err kernel: [270392.271714] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth0: bad rx status 0f8d4000 (max frame length error), size=1536
Sun Mar 19 19:26:58 2017 kern.err kernel: [270392.652977] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth0: bad rx status 0f8d4000 (max frame length error), size=1536
Sun Mar 19 19:26:58 2017 kern.err kernel: [270393.085844] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth0: bad rx status 0f8d4000 (max frame length error), size=1536
Sun Mar 19 19:26:59 2017 kern.err kernel: [270393.848058] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth0: bad rx status 0f8d4000 (max frame length error), size=1536
Sun Mar 19 19:27:57 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Sun Mar 19 19:27:57 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 3)
Sun Mar 19 19:27:58 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-CONNECTED 48:a1:95:05:99:c7
Sun Mar 19 19:27:58 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Mar 19 19:27:59 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[2418]: DHCPREQUEST(br-lan) 192.168.1.195 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 
Sun Mar 19 19:27:59 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[2418]: DHCPACK(br-lan) 192.168.1.195 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 iPhone-7MDS-V2
Sun Mar 19 19:28:14 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED 48:a1:95:05:99:c7
Sun Mar 19 19:28:14 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 IEEE 802.11: disassociated
Sun Mar 19 19:28:15 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA 48:a1:95:05:99:c7 IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)
Sun Mar 19 19:29:09 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA b4:b6:76:51:fc:ca IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Sun Mar 19 19:29:09 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA b4:b6:76:51:fc:ca IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 5)
Sun Mar 19 19:29:09 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-CONNECTED b4:b6:76:51:fc:ca
Sun Mar 19 19:29:09 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan1: STA b4:b6:76:51:fc:ca WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)

... then I SSHd... and brought down the interface and back up again...


Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: interface state ENABLED->DISABLED
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED b4:b6:76:51:fc:ca
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED 00:56:cd:aa:72:16
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED cc:25:ef:b8:a1:85
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED 88:51:fb:21:5f:62
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED a0:99:9b:2d:57:91
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED 24:a0:74:48:9b:3d
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-DISABLED 
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING 
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: nl80211: deinit ifname=wlan1 disabled_11b_rates=0
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 kern.info kernel: [270544.880061] device wlan1 left promiscuous mode
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 kern.info kernel: [270544.884665] br-lan: port 2(wlan1) entered disabled state
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 kern.debug kernel: [270545.014127] ieee80211 phy1: change: 0x40
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 kern.debug kernel: [270545.107017] ieee80211 phy1: change: 0x100
Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice netifd: Network device 'wlan1' link is down

Any ideas?

Okay, how many times has this happened now?  What are and how many devices are connected to wifi? iphone? Android and their levels.

Am I to assume the last release did not have this issue?

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

davidc502 wrote:
mariano.silva wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

The logs may have rolled by now, but system and kernel logs would be good if they are still there? If not, the next time you notice this go ahead and log into the router and grab them.

Glad I've expanded the size of my log ... here it is

Sun Mar 19 19:19:56 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-POSSIBLE-PSK-MISMATCH 70:ee:50:03:6a:50

... then I SSHd... and brought down the interface and back up again...

Sun Mar 19 19:29:30 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: interface state ENABLED->DISABLED

Any ideas?

Okay, how many times has this happened now?  What are and how many devices are connected to wifi? iphone? Android and their levels.

Am I to assume the last release did not have this issue?

Just happened 2 times in a week. I had 10 wifi devices connected. IPhones/IPads : 5. No android@home smile
1 x LG Smart TV
1 x HP Printer
2 x Kindle
1 x HP Notebook

I have only the BNN radio(1) active. The Marvell 88W8864 802.11nac (radio0) radio is disabled as 5Ghz doesn't make it through my concrete walls very well.
Transmit power set to "Auto", currently at 30dBm  . Channel fixed at 2.

Regards,
Mariano

Linksys WRT1900 ACS V2 - Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r3988-f66e7cb / LuCI Master (git-17.111.69575-494fc4c) on Kernel 4.9.20

1,271 (edited by mariano.silva 2017-03-22 22:31:56)

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

@Davidc502 , there's a new version of F2FS available at the LEDE site ( https://github.com/lede-project/source/pull/958). How can I install it?

I grabbed the package from here : https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/ke … 8.0.tar.gz ...

Regards,
Mariano

Linksys WRT1900 ACS V2 - Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r3988-f66e7cb / LuCI Master (git-17.111.69575-494fc4c) on Kernel 4.9.20

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

mariano.silva wrote:

@Davidc502 , there's a new version of F2FS available at the LEDE site ( https://github.com/lede-project/source/pull/958). How can I install it?

I grabbed the package from here : https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/ke … 8.0.tar.gz ...

If this update has been added to the tree, then the next build will have it. You wouldn't be able to install it unless it is compiled for the kernel your machine is currently running.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

Hello everyone!

I am having trouble with my WRT1200AC-v2 with wireless performance. On 2.4ghz it's absolutely terrible if you aren't that close to the router, (this band is EXTREMELY crowded though, so much hidden SSID's and "xfinitywifi's"...) and 5ghz is mediocre at best (at -55 to -65db) (which isn't a crowded spectrum here) It seems like both the 2.4G and 5G bands are pretty screwed on this router? I am also using the latest version of david's LEDE build. I just wish to know if this was normal or if I just got a lemon. Running stock firmware also yields same results.

Notes: UPNP doesn't seem to work either, I had to plug in my crusty WNR1000V2 and forward all ports to that in order to get an Open NAT type for gaming. Any solutions for this? I couldn't find out for the life of me why UPNP never worked right on OpenWRT or LEDE on multiple routers..

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

Sizeable Swiss wrote:

Hello everyone!

I am having trouble with my WRT1200AC-v2 with wireless performance. On 2.4ghz it's absolutely terrible if you aren't that close to the router, (this band is EXTREMELY crowded though, so much hidden SSID's and "xfinitywifi's"...) and 5ghz is mediocre at best (at -55 to -65db) (which isn't a crowded spectrum here) It seems like both the 2.4G and 5G bands are pretty screwed on this router? I am also using the latest version of david's LEDE build. I just wish to know if this was normal or if I just got a lemon. Running stock firmware also yields same results.

Notes: UPNP doesn't seem to work either, I had to plug in my crusty WNR1000V2 and forward all ports to that in order to get an Open NAT type for gaming. Any solutions for this? I couldn't find out for the life of me why UPNP never worked right on OpenWRT or LEDE on multiple routers..

What is the signal and noise levels for both Wifi?

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

1,275 (edited by seanc 2017-03-24 20:49:54)

Re: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

David:

Just installed your LEDE r3716 Caiman build on my WRT1200ACv2, to replace the last, year-old OpenWRT build (which I had only just installed to compare to DD-WRT, which I'd had for years on an old WRT54GL).

A couple of comments:

1) initial install defaults to forced HTTPS w/TLS for Luci web access:

After successfully flashing your r3716 Caiman build, I could not connect to the web interface with my favorite browser.  Had to go download a newer browser (Firefox) which refused to connect due to an insecure/unverified certificate, which I had to allow an "exception" for.

Once in, I could enable SSH.  Then after much perusal of the forums, I found the UHTTPD "fixes" for this issue, so I can now get in via HTTP and my old favorite browser.

While it all worked, that was lot of un-necessary hoops-n-hurdles to jump through just to get access to the UI.

I think the install should default to HTTP (can it be done?), then the user can elect to change to HTTPS if desired (as other firmwares do), or at least allow old SSL.

2) no "miniDLNA" in packages?  any particular reason?

I expected much the same package availability as OpenWRT, and was surprised to find it missing.

I did manage to install it from the LEDE-Project repository (both miniDLNA 1.1.5_1 and luci-app-minidlna) but could not do so by specifying a web URL in opkg (gave some sort of "signature" errors.  Can these be related to the same TLS security issues as above?)

Got it done by downloading the packages to local storage and installing from there. It is working great, so just wondering why it's not included in your packages.

3) really like LuCI-Modern, much nicer than other UIs!

Now to get all my firewalls setup so I can swap it in for the old 54GL

Thanks for the great work!

Sean