OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

KTT wrote:
bfree77 wrote:

Hi David, I am already running the LEDE build on my wrt3200acm. Great job by the way, I have had minimal issues thus far and have been running it as a vpn for the majority of the devices in my home. Anyhow, i wget'd the sysupgrade.bin file, but when I check the sha256sum it differs from what its supposed to be. Is it possible that its just not updated to the current build or is it definitely getting corrupted along the way. I have wget'd sha256sum'd got the wrong sum rm'd and started over again to the same outcome a handful of times. Any ideas? The sum I am getting is
a6e9056cf71bcf5f1e75bc097d609a1af1fb8861bce979e6600be9158fdbbc4a

I was concerned about this fact as well, until I noticed that the Rango .img files at

http://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/mvebu/Rango/lede_Rango/

are not the ones listed in the

http://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/mvebu/Rango/lede_Rango/sha256sums

file.  Note the full pathnames in the sha256sums file, they don't match the .img paths.

The .img files under the

http://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots

directories do match their corresponding sha256sums file, though.

There was a problem as it was the 2nd time trying to build Rango.  The image that is out there is actually the 1st build. If you install that image, it will be a build before r2221. I noticed it when someone who uses Rango didn't have a full repository, and after a quick check I realized a earlier image was out there.

**EDIT**
I'm getting ready to archive r221 and the image in Rango.  Testing is being done on r2446.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 10 Dec 2016, 17:10)

Testing r2446

DDNS is working again. -- Wasn't working after r2221
Cryptodev engine is now available.

root@lede:~# openssl engine
(cryptodev) BSD cryptodev engine
(dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support

Added Network Shares as part of the default build.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 10 Dec 2016, 17:40)

Build r2446 has been uploaded to the server.

kartheo wrote:

Hello David.
any chance to build

transmission-remote-openssl
transmission-daemon-openssl

thanks!

Those are both available in the latest build r2446.

Thanks,

I have another question for David or anyone that has the correct advice. I have setup extroot on a 1TB WD Passport usb hard drive and have given myself an extra 40G for the system in the first partition second is a swap partition and the rest is split in 2 more partitions for shares. Are there any special precautions to take when upgrading/flashing with this setup? Any specific dirs or files that are necessary/recommended? I always make a backup of each file in the config dir once its to my liking so I'm not worried about that, Is there anything else i should add to the sysupgrade.conf that will aid in retaining the configuration I have prior to flashing beside the obvious fstab samba mountd ... ?

(Last edited by bfree77 on 10 Dec 2016, 20:07)

New build works great.
However, can kmod-dummy please be built next time?

I noticed that the r2221 build had it but not r2446:
davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r2221/targets/mvebu/generic/packages/kmod-dummy_4.4.32-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk

joeykork wrote:

New build works great.

davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r2221/targets/mvebu/generic/packages/kmod-dummy_4.4.32-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk

@joeykork,

All packages/kmods etc.. are selected ahead of time.  What that tells me is that kmod-dummy failed to compile during the build. 

The next time it will probably finish just fine. thanks for letting me know.

** EDIT **

Tried to compile the package on its own and it failed.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 11 Dec 2016, 01:27)

Can anyone clarify something for me? So let's say the 1st partition has the stock linksys firmware and the 2nd partition has a version of LEDE. The way im understanding is if you want to upgrade partition 2(LEDE), I have to switch to the first partition over ssh with the fw_setenv boot_part 1 command and then flash the sysupgrade.bin file with the -F option and it will upgrade partition 2(LEDE). And by doing this I can always keep the stock linksys firmware on partition 1. Is this correct? I appreciate the help in advance.

Its amazing how many intelligent and helpful people there are in the open source community and the developers are just incredible. I know I speak for many in professing that we appreciate all the hard work and support that you guys(David and all developers) put in on top of your regular jobs, families, and busy lives. Its because of people like you that I'm now buying a 200$ WRT3200ACM and within 10 minutes of opening the box, taking the risk of flashing new Open Source firmware. I never would have done that before and it took me like 2 months and about 20 failsafe recoveries to setup my first linksys wrt54gs with openwrt and a working VPN. I had this router configured with new firmware and a working VPN(both wifi and ethernet) in like an hour. I have always liked computers and technology but for many years wasn't in touch with my inner geek. In the last 2 years i converted all of my machines to linux as well has learned alot about it(without every really knowing anything about windows either aside from the basics), have built things with raspberry pi and arduinos, networking, could go on. I'm not trying to toot my own horn either, This is all from self education and the incredible information and support I receive from developers and the community as a whole.
I'm done my little rant I just know it can be incredibly frustrating and difficult work and just want you all to know your dedication is appreciated.

@bfree77

Just flash the "img" file from the linksys gui.

when you want to try a new openwrt image, boot back into the linksys firmware, and flash the new "img" file

(Last edited by mojolacerator on 11 Dec 2016, 03:27)

@david502

thanks very much for your images, WRT3200ACM and WRT1900ACv2 running flawlessly

@mojolacerator

This is the new wifi driver to date... Would like to know how it is working, on the ACM, a bit over time.

Can I load backup tar file from old build to new build?  Tia

By the way, I am trying to connect a HDD.

I enabled mount point with device /dev/sda1 and mount point /mnt/sda1 which was auto detected.

Under network shares  with path /mnt/sda1 but I could not see the drive in windows.

I must have set something wrong.  Any ideas?  Tia

(Last edited by apvm on 11 Dec 2016, 10:59)

I don't think that david recommends using the backup tar when doing an update. That said, I installed his latest r2446 yesterday going from r2221 after creating a backup of r2221. Easy to get back if things do not work. After installing r2446 I applied the backup from r2221 and things were fine. I have found, in my case, that using the backup seems to work for me.

Have you rebooted the router after creating the shares? I know I have to reboot when I create a mount point so maybe shares are like that also?
--bill

(Last edited by bill1228 on 11 Dec 2016, 17:24)

davidc502 wrote:

@mojolacerator

This is the new wifi driver to date... Would like to know how it is working, on the ACM, a bit over time.

My current setup is using my WRT1900ACv2 as an access point to my WRT3200ACM. I have prestine wireless.
After you mentioned a curiosity with the wireless on the WRT3200ACM, I engaged the 5ghz to check it out.
I pay for a 10up/100down, with the AP, I get typically 12up/130down
5ghz on the WRT3200ACM, give me 4up/23down, after MANY tweaks/tests/reboots.
Connection to the wireless is 867mb, but it seems it may be losing some on the wireless/lan transfer, or something.

Edit:

To be honest, it has been the same with the WRT1900 (v1) & (v2) , ( have both as well ), at the beginning.
Even stock firmware on the WRT3200 degrades after a couple of days. Anything hard wired is fast as "Heck". It is a work in progress.

(Last edited by mojolacerator on 11 Dec 2016, 18:31)

davidc502 wrote:

Testing r2446

I'm testing r2446 now.
DDNS NOT working. With r2371 DDNS worked very fine.

If I check log I see:

182415       : #> /bin/uclient-fetch -q -O /var/run/ddns/***_ORG.dat -Y off 'http://checkip.dyndns.com' 2>/var/run/ddns/***_ORG.err
 182431       : Local IP '31.****' detected on web at 'http://checkip.dyndns.com'
 182431       : Forced Update - L: '31.****' == R: '31.****'
 182431       : #> /bin/uclient-fetch -q -O /var/run/ddns/***_ORG.dat -Y off 'http://***:******@nic.changeip.com/nic/update?u=******&p=***&cmd=update&hostname=***.org&ip=31.*** 2>/var/run/ddns/***_ORG.err
 182433       : DDNS Provider answered:
200 Successful Update
 182433 ERROR : IP update not accepted by DDNS Provider

After a correct answer "200 Successful Update", DDNS script don't recognize it correctly and report an ERROR

ambrosa wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Testing r2446

I'm testing r2446 now.

If I check log I see:

182415       : #> /bin/uclient-fetch -q -O /var/run/ddns/***_ORG.dat -Y off 'http://checkip.dyndns.com' 2>/var/run/ddns/***_ORG.err
 182431       : Local IP '31.****' detected on web at 'http://checkip.dyndns.com'
 182431       : #> /bin/uclient-fetch -q -O /var/run/ddns/***_ORG.dat -Y off 'http://***:******@nic.changeip.com/nic/update?u=******&p=***&cmd=update&hostname=***.org&ip=31.*** 2>/var/run/ddns/***_ORG.err
200 Successful Update

After a correct answer "200 Successful Update", DDNS script don't recognize it correctly and report an ERROR

Please check "Dynamic DNS Update History" from Changeip.com

I think you will see the updates being logged as "200"

**EDIT** The recieved timestamp apears to be wrong at changeip.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 11 Dec 2016, 20:53)

joeykork wrote:

New build works great.

Are you still wanting kmod-dummy? I was able to get it done, but thought to ask before throwing it up on the server.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the repo? Could have sworn it was working earlier today.

anymouse617 wrote:

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the repo? Could have sworn it was working earlier today.

Appears to be google DNS

C:\Users\DavidC502>nslookup davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net
Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address:  8.8.8.8

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to google-public-dns-a.google.com timed-out

I'm having issued getting to several sites because there's no resolution of domain names.

**EDIT**

C:\Users\DavidC502>nslookup changeip.com

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to google-public-dns-a.google.com timed-out

If you need to get directly to the repo, the IP is 45.79.194.151

(Last edited by davidc502 on 11 Dec 2016, 23:15)

Level 3 DNS fails also.
nslookup davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net 4.2.2.2
Server:  b.resolvers.Level3.net
Address:  4.2.2.2

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to b.resolvers.Level3.net timed-out

ambrosa wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Testing r2446

I'm testing r2446 now.

If I check log I see:

200 Successful Update

Same here,DDNS NOT working (r2446).

@davidc502:  David, I'd like to get your recommendation on which of your recent builds to use for a business with 3 routers linked via OpenVPN.  I helped a relative to deploy 3 routers using one of Eko's DD-WRT builds a few years back and now those routers are showing signs of senility (flash wear from using NVRAM command, possibly, which is among the reasons I'm moving away from DD-WRT now).  We've also drastically increased WAN speeds (~200 Mbps now), so those old N-era routers are bottlenecks.  Based solely on CPU performance (well, and price), we recently scored some of the $65 Amazon specials for WRT1200AC routers.   Now I know that some of the builds have wireless issues, but that actually isn't important because the business uses other routers as wireless APs.  For these three WAN-facing gateway routers, the things that are important are WAN-to-LAN throughput, OpenVPN function and speed, DDNS function (need that so the OpenVPN clients can find the server), Samba server function (not for share access via USB on the router, but for WINS) and reliability and stability.  It seems like my best choices are r2221 or r2446.  What do you think?  Do you know of anyone else having the DDNS issue noted above by dobetter with r2446? 

BTW, I take it that the "target" location for the r2221 images is the one linked on your TrunkSnapShot4.4.7.html page, while the packages (where I'll need to grab the Samba server from) are in the r2221 snapshot directory.  It also appears that if I use r2246, then I'm in for a lot more work to get LuCI up to the same level of function that r2221 has built-in, correct?

drfranco wrote:

@davidc502:  David, I'd like to get your recommendation on which of your recent builds to use for a business with 3 routers linked via OpenVPN.  I helped a relative to deploy 3 routers using one of Eko's DD-WRT builds a few years back and now those routers are showing signs of senility (flash wear from using NVRAM command, possibly, which is among the reasons I'm moving away from DD-WRT now).  We've also drastically increased WAN speeds (~200 Mbps now), so those old N-era routers are bottlenecks.  Based solely on CPU performance (well, and price), we recently scored some of the $65 Amazon specials for WRT1200AC routers.   Now I know that some of the builds have wireless issues, but that actually isn't important because the business uses other routers as wireless APs.  For these three WAN-facing gateway routers, the things that are important are WAN-to-LAN throughput, OpenVPN function and speed, DDNS function (need that so the OpenVPN clients can find the server), Samba server function (not for share access via USB on the router, but for WINS) and reliability and stability.  It seems like my best choices are r2221 or r2446.  What do you think?  Do you know of anyone else having the DDNS issue noted above by dobetter with r2446? 

BTW, I take it that the "target" location for the r2221 images is the one linked on your TrunkSnapShot4.4.7.html page, while the packages (where I'll need to grab the Samba server from) are in the r2221 snapshot directory.  It also appears that if I use r2246, then I'm in for a lot more work to get LuCI up to the same level of function that r2221 has built-in, correct?

@drfanco

As these builds are evolving "snapshots", I don't know that I can recommend any of these builds for a production business environment. When it comes to OpenVPN, I haven't been able to get crypto acceleration working as it should, hence the max speeds I see are around 6mbps (slow). 

Best Regards,

Looks like dynamic-dns is still down sad

F:\>nslookup davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to 8.8.8.8 timed-out

ChangeIP Facebook Page -- "We had a mysql DB Crash, we are currently working on restoring it, it will take a couple of hours before it's restored, we will provide an update here once it's restored"

No redundancy in this day and age? that's alarming.

Sorry, posts 701 to 700 are missing from our archive.