OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Cantenna wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Okay, I have luci-app-samba and samba server ready for those who want to download.

https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/re … -1_all.ipk

https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/re … _vfpv3.ipk

Hi David,

Thanks for this:)

First time user of your FW (i think) unning it now on my WRT1900ACS. I've used openwrt before but this build looks really clean, I like it!

I've installed these packages and smbd appears to be running but it doesn't show up under network yet... Any tips?

Did you install luci-app-samba first? Under "Services" it will show as "Network Shares", and not Samba --

grateful for the quick response, and that's how I do the updates, and as a precaution I prefer to make my settings one by one again, each and easy and fast because there are few already in the work I need to find a more practical way, because there are more items to configure.

This is for those who like to build their own images and may have had problems with wifi working at all. Some have been getting the blank drop downs depending on the hardware they are on. Well, in "make menuconfig" you now have to select the wifi firmware manually after selecting the image you want to compile. The selection is under "Firmware", so just choose the firmware appropriate to your hardware. Personally, I don't like it as it adds another layer of complexity and something else you have to remember to do if starting with a new .config. Apparently, someone with OCD didn't like more than one firmware showing up in the /lib/firmware/mwlwifi directory, and had to change it. No worries though, as I contacted the developer who made the commit change and this person was very helpful in directing me on what to do to fix the issue. Still it would have been nice to have the instructions on how to build wifi after the change was made....... They could have put it in the commit change description or something, or maybe I just missed it.

gu3d3s wrote:

grateful for the quick response, and that's how I do the updates, and as a precaution I prefer to make my settings one by one again, each and easy and fast because there are few already in the work I need to find a more practical way, because there are more items to configure.

At some point you may just want to blow the factory FW away, and stick with lede/openwrt.  I don't know if that is possible for your situation, but it does make upgrading much easier.

Duplicating an earlier post.

There was a couple of kernel bumps, wifi driver, and wifi firmware changes, so I went ahead and built a new image and stuck it out on the server.

r6565 is available now for those who want to upgrade.

kernel 4.14.29
wifi driver 10.3.4.0-20180330
wifi firmware 9.3.2.6

Also there were a couple of requests for packages that were missing that are back.
1. Mini-dlna was added back.
2. Samba was added back.
3. Transmission continues to fail and has not been added back to the fold yet.

davidc502 wrote:
Cantenna wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Okay, I have luci-app-samba and samba server ready for those who want to download.

https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/re … -1_all.ipk

https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/re … _vfpv3.ipk

Hi David,

Thanks for this:)

First time user of your FW (i think) unning it now on my WRT1900ACS. I've used openwrt before but this build looks really clean, I like it!

I've installed these packages and smbd appears to be running but it doesn't show up under network yet... Any tips?

Did you install luci-app-samba first? Under "Services" it will show as "Network Shares", and not Samba --

Okay, got her working, had to add to etc/samba/smb.conf.template
local master = yes
preferred master = yes

Thanks M8:)

davidc502 wrote:
wrtboy wrote:

tested the r6520 on the 1900v1 but i just could not get openvpn to work properly--kept getting the "write to tun/tap : invalid argument (code=22)."  even restored to factory default and configured from scratch and just can't get openvpn to work properly.  had to revert back to the r5113 for openvpn to work properly.

I very rarely use VPN, but last time, which was some time ago, it worked. It isn't working anymore, so it isn't just you.  At this point I don't know what's going on with, and I don't have the time to troubleshoot it.

Hopefully, someone who needs it more than I do will track the problem down and share the solution.

I've been using OpenVPN(client) 24/7 with David's latest build and several previous one's.

If you're having issues with the client(not server) I'd be glad to help.

antonsamoziv wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
wrtboy wrote:

tested the r6520 on the 1900v1 but i just could not get openvpn to work properly--kept getting the "write to tun/tap : invalid argument (code=22)."  even restored to factory default and configured from scratch and just can't get openvpn to work properly.  had to revert back to the r5113 for openvpn to work properly.

I very rarely use VPN, but last time, which was some time ago, it worked. It isn't working anymore, so it isn't just you.  At this point I don't know what's going on with, and I don't have the time to troubleshoot it.

Hopefully, someone who needs it more than I do will track the problem down and share the solution.

I've been using OpenVPN(client) 24/7 with David's latest build and several previous one's.

If you're having issues with the client(not server) I'd be glad to help.

I'm using mine as a client to create a tunnel to TorGuard.  Still same result as the other user... something to do with TUN/TAP. The last line was me killing openvpn after I couldn't get out to the internet.

Fri Mar 30 20:13:06 2018 Initialization Sequence Completed
Fri Mar 30 20:13:11 2018 write to TUN/TAP : Invalid argument (code=22)
Fri Mar 30 20:13:16 2018 write to TUN/TAP : Invalid argument (code=22)
Fri Mar 30 20:13:21 2018 write to TUN/TAP : Invalid argument (code=22)
Fri Mar 30 20:13:26 2018 write to TUN/TAP : Invalid argument (code=22)
Fri Mar 30 20:13:31 2018 write to TUN/TAP : Invalid argument (code=22)
Fri Mar 30 20:13:34 2018 event_wait : Interrupted system call (code=4)
Fri Mar 30 20:13:34 2018 /sbin/route del -net 10.35.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.255
Fri Mar 30 20:13:34 2018 /sbin/route del -net 104.129.28.42 netmask 255.255.255.255
Fri Mar 30 20:13:34 2018 /sbin/route del -net 0.0.0.0 netmask 128.0.0.0
Fri Mar 30 20:13:34 2018 /sbin/route del -net 128.0.0.0 netmask 128.0.0.0
Fri Mar 30 20:13:34 2018 Closing TUN/TAP interface
Fri Mar 30 20:13:34 2018 /sbin/ifconfig tun0 0.0.0.0
Fri Mar 30 20:13:34 2018 SIGTERM[hard,] received, process exiting

(Last edited by davidc502 on 31 Mar 2018, 02:16)

More openvpn ..... here's the configuration.

config openvpn 'TorGuard_AES128CBC_SHA256'
        option client '1'
        option dev 'tun'
        option proto 'udp'
        option resolv_retry 'infinite'
        option nobind '1'
        option persist_key '1'
        option persist_tun '1'
        option ca '/etc/openvpn/torguard/ca.crt'
        option ns_cert_type 'server'
        option tls_auth '/etc/openvpn/torguard/ta.key 1'
        option cipher 'AES-128-CBC'
        option comp_lzo 'yes'
        option verb '3'
        option fast_io '1'
        option auth_user_pass '/etc/openvpn/auth-user-pass'
        option remote_random '0'
        option auth 'SHA256'
        option reneg_sec '0'
        list remote 'chi.central.usa.torguardvpnaccess.com 1912'
        option sndbuf '393216'
        option rcvbuf '393216'
        option log '/tmp/openvpn.log'
        option engine 'cryptodev'
davidc502 wrote:

option client '1'
        option dev 'tun'
        option proto 'udp'
        option resolv_retry 'infinite'
        option nobind '1'
        option persist_key '1'
        option persist_tun '1'
        option ca '/etc/openvpn/torguard/ca.crt'
        option ns_cert_type 'server'
        option tls_auth '/etc/openvpn/torguard/ta.key 1'
        option cipher 'AES-128-CBC'
        option comp_lzo 'yes'
        option verb '3'
        option fast_io '1'
        option auth_user_pass '/etc/openvpn/auth-user-pass'
        option remote_random '0'
        option auth 'SHA256'
        option reneg_sec '0'
        list remote 'chi.central.usa.torguardvpnaccess.com 1912'
        option sndbuf '393216'
        option rcvbuf '393216'
        option log '/tmp/openvpn.log'

Do you have a tun0 interface?

If not make one like:

uci set network.torguardvpn=interface
uci set network.torguardvpn.proto='none' #dhcp #none
uci set network.torguardvpn.ifname='tun0'

Also it's easier to just have an ovpn conf at /etc/openvpn and just do:

config openvpn 'TorGuard_AES128CBC_SHA256

option enabled 1
    option config /etc/openvpn/[whatever].conf

If you did that and you still get that error try adding this to the torguard ovpn config

push "comp-lzo yes"

Hi

about VPN,

It would be a lot to have a server for the home network, and if possible to link with a VPN on the router, both use the latest vs David FW and are similar routers (WRT3200 and 1900acs).

But I did not find a good tutorial yet on how to do this VPN, I do not count on the help and guidance of you friends to guide me either with a good tutorial or with texts on the subject that is for an initial novel: D

antonsamoziv wrote:

If you did that and you still get that error try adding this to the torguard ovpn config

push "comp-lzo yes"

Will give it a try tomorrow...   I have family on the network tonight and can't so much as miss a ping and they will know it and come looking for my head! smile 

cheers..

gu3d3s wrote:

Hi

about VPN,

It would be a lot to have a server for the home network, and if possible to link with a VPN on the router, both use the latest vs David FW and are similar routers (WRT3200 and 1900acs).

But I did not find a good tutorial yet on how to do this VPN, I do not count on the help and guidance of you friends to guide me either with a good tutorial or with texts on the subject that is for an initial novel: D

Good instructions are always at a premium around here as I can't hardly find decent ones. At any rate, it is completely possible to do what you would like. My recommendation would be to do one thing at a time... 1. set up the router as a VPN server and once you have regular clients connecting to it, move on to setting the other router up as a client.

davidc502 wrote:

Good instructions are always at a premium around here as I can't hardly find decent ones. At any rate, it is completely possible to do what you would like. My recommendation would be to do one thing at a time... 1. set up the router as a VPN server and once you have regular clients connecting to it, move on to setting the other router up as a client.

is what I intend, but my attempts did not work until now, because the server did not work, had varis errors in the system log, and because it is something new for me, rerolvi to find out how to do it correctly, pios will be very useful , because today I have to use HTTPS and SSH to be able to exchange information and configure the home / work / home router of my mother, which always ends up being left for me to do, so I want to standardize the FW of all of them, and use OpenWrt in all running VPN for security reasons.

Taking advantage, would you recommend me a good version for an Archer C7 v2US?

davidc502 wrote:
antonsamoziv wrote:

push "comp-lzo yes"

Will give it a try tomorrow...   I have family on the network tonight and can't so much as miss a ping and they will know it and come looking for my head! smile 

cheers..

Lol I literally know that feeling very very well smile

Did this, or thought I had, dumbass here did not do an opkg update first. Sorted now. Well almost. Now I'm getting some errors that keeps disabling the interface:

[  604.904621] kmodloader: loading kernel modules from /etc/modules.d/*
[  604.921311] kmodloader: done loading kernel modules from /etc/modules.d/*
[  604.929400] mwifiex_sdio mmc0:0001:1: WLAN FW already running! Skip FW dnld
[  604.936407] mwifiex_sdio mmc0:0001:1: WLAN FW is active
[  604.965921] mwifiex_sdio mmc0:0001:1: CMD_RESP: cmd 0x242 error, result=0x2
[  604.972931] mwifiex_sdio mmc0:0001:1: mwifiex_process_cmdresp: cmd 0x242 failed during    initialization
[  604.992048] mwifiex_sdio mmc0:0001:1: info: MWIFIEX VERSION: mwifiex 1.0 (15.68.7.p71) 
[  605.000108] mwifiex_sdio mmc0:0001:1: driver_version = mwifiex 1.0 (15.68.7.p71) 

anyone else seeing this in the Kernel Log output for 3rd radio? Nothing I change in config can resolve the problem.

beginner67890 wrote:
ninjaef wrote:

David...

3rd radio lost - unsupported!

I have flashed  the r6520 image and this does not include the kernel module:
kmod-mwifiex-sdio

This is needed for the 3rd radio.
opkg reports the module not present.
Any chance you can build and put into the repo please

It was working fine in my previous firmware, your 13th Feb image using 4.9.77

Did you try to install the kmod-mwifiex-sdio package? I see that now in available packages.

Go to System/Software tab in the web interface and click 'update lists' then look in the 'available packages' under the 'k' index.

Or using ssh:

opkg update 
opkg install kmod-mwifiex-sdio
davidc502 wrote:

option comp_lzo 'yes'

The syntax in the new openvpn version changed a bit. Change the above line from
option comp_lzo 'yes'
to
option compress 'lzo'
and it will work again.

Just out of curiosity: what does the
do?

AsklepiOS wrote:

@davidc502

i am having trouble with gretap tunnels with your latest build (WRT1200AC). i think there is already a fix which was released shortly after your latest version:
bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=1452

if it is not too much trouble i would really appreciate it if you could include it. thx for all your work!

quick feedback: with the updated release (r6565) gretap tunnels are working again. thx! smile

Can anyone recommend a few good "reporting" tools?  I like the charts in the default build from Davidc, but I'm looking for something that shows me more details per individual host on the network.

Anything out there that works well with LEDE/OpenWRT?

//Brew

kkowrt wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

option comp_lzo 'yes'

The syntax in the new openvpn version changed a bit. Change the above line from
option comp_lzo 'yes'
to
option compress 'lzo'
and it will work again.

Just out of curiosity: what does the
do?

Just checked a few minutes ago, and changing the option to compress 'lzo' has it working again -- Thanks!   Also, I hope someone follows back up and fixes the luci options to change the syntax when this option is selected....

cryptodev is hardware encryption acceleration for the 1900/1200 and 3200 Linksys lines. Though it doesn't work right now, I keep cryptodev in the builds for the day it is fixed. Currently, it makes no difference in speed if cryptodev is selected vs the default engine.

*EDIT*
Checking speeds, I'm getting 110/110mbps with CPU utilization on one core in between 50-60%. So, the limiting factor in my tests could be the vpn service used.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 31 Mar 2018, 15:33)

Side Rant against ISP's.... smile

People here in the USA on Comcast, Charter, or at&t; you may consider subscribing to a vpn service. Since net neutrality rules have died, and they don't realistically look like they are coming back unless you live in a state which has implemented its own rules, your speeds, depending on where you go on the web are at risk. Comcast, for example, is chomping at the bit to start paid prioritization for companies who want to pay so they can have faster speeds to Comcast's customers. Once Comcast commits, other ISP's are sure to fall in line. My recommendation will be to subscribe in a VPN service which will mask most of what you and your family are doing on-line. Besides the Net Neutrality issue, there's also a more important issue of Privacy. ISP's are collecting all kinds of information about you and your family and are selling that data to 3rd parties who 'promise' to keep it safe. Really, the only solution to this growing issue is a B2B VPN or in this case a R2C VPN. Currently, I just encrypt all dns traffic, which makes putting the big picture together more difficult for my ISP, but at some point it isn't going to be good enough. So, I highly recommend people start looking at some of these encryption technologies to help ensure privacy and that you are going to get your data equally across the net.

Those are my 2¢ on the subject smile

cheers --

For those on the new 3200acm units which will not flash lede/openwrt there's a patch in the works to get them covered....

Posted by Villeneuve -- 

Villeneuve wrote:

A somewhat modified patch on patchworks has been submitted regarding the flash change on new rango units. Hopefully it finds its way into master soon.

Does anyone know to setup OpenVPN server with LAN clients access? I followed the guide https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/ser … ver.setup, pushed "route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0" and have forwarded vpn-> lan and lan->vpn. I can ping clients but cant access them.

(Last edited by GaNi on 31 Mar 2018, 16:00)

Is the WRT32x supported or not? Isnt it a WRT3200 just with (whatever) modifcations?

Sorry, posts 5226 to 5225 are missing from our archive.