OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Villeneuve wrote:
        option noscan '1'

Note: option may be illegal, and its use in a congested area will probably hinder not help. I use it in my /etc/config/wireless but I live in a rural area where my closest competitor is ~100m distant.

thanks for the warning,

but this option is marked by default? because I did not mark it, the only change I tried was in relation to radios and channels.

can I edit the file and change to 0 (zero)? because other changes that I make direct in the file do not succeed!

Is this radio capable of working on VTH20?

would it bring some benefit?

Is the 3 # radius of wrt3200 already functional? I saw some of them already enable this radio.

I think that the LEDE / OpenWrt have few options in the radios settings, compared to the DD-WRT, I know that each one has its own characteristics, and I made my use option after a lot of research, but I believe that greater freedom : configuration would be welcome.

I know I have a lot to learn in this matter, because I had stopped to study in depth about open source software, but I fell in love with the subject and the possibilities that programs such as these enable us, still mine today that we have greater speed and number of devices plugged into the internet, and the routes manufacturers do not provide the necessary support to users.

EDIT: Thanks @Villeneuve works like a charm big_smile,  now i have N450 and AC/N1300 , next step see my WRT a full speed

(Last edited by gu3d3s on 18 Mar 2018, 19:35)

Villeneuve wrote:
        option noscan '1'

Note: option may be illegal, and its use in a congested area will probably hinder not help. I use it in my /etc/config/wireless but I live in a rural area where my closest competitor is ~100m distant.

The fact is you only need to use it when you are not allowed to use it... If you live in a non-congested area, then your device will not detect any nearby AP, and will happily use 40MHz. If you live in a congested area, then your device will go down to 20MHz, as per legal requirements, unless you use that parameter.

Yes that would be the expected behaviour. Unfortunately, false positives are the norm, and fallback to HT20 the outcome; at least that has been my experience.

well,

apparently in my country noa I have this problem, and finally my WRT is at almost its promised velocity (2,4g @N600), now and see how to run the radio from 5g to 160MHz, friends would have any tips?

Third radio, yes people use it, mostly back-haul, AV feed, but in close proximity, be sure to check the mwlwifi readme as it can cause some grief. iirc there are some closed issues dealing with 160, don't have any myself, so have not fought that fire.

@Villeneuve

I'm confused about this: drive .google .com/open?id=0BwPiNls1qmK3WU5lWmQyQUtsLXM
I see many builds smile

Hi,

Just to report that everything working right, WRT3200 with all 3 radios up and running, but guest network @ 2.4MHz.

Lede SNAPSHOT r6365-45fdb12258 - Kernel 4.14.23

having great speed on all radios

now, expect it to be stable, let's go to the tests

Thak @David502,  and all the friends who helped me, directly or indirectly

I'm another happy customer on r6365. Sysupgraded my r4??? WRT1200AC

Can't wait for kernel 4.14!

I have one more kernel config request for next build:
+NET_VRF=y

config NET_VRF
    tristate "Virtual Routing and Forwarding (Lite)"
    depends on IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES
    depends on NET_L3_MASTER_DEV
    depends on IPV6 || IPV6=n
    depends on IPV6_MULTIPLE_TABLES || IPV6=n
    ---help---
      This option enables the support for mapping interfaces into VRF's. The
      support enables VRF devices.

VRF is a very trick feature and allows split-tunnel routing by destination for VPNs
in a simpler fashion than "Linux Policy Routing" (ipset => iptables -j MARK => ip rule)

see: https://www.netdevconf.org/1.1/proceedi … torial.pdf

(Last edited by joeykork on 19 Mar 2018, 06:26)

antonsamoziv wrote:

@Villeneuve
I'm confused about this: drive .google .com/open?id=0BwPiNls1qmK3WU5lWmQyQUtsLXM
I see many builds smile

For a build with not menny packages try the 6420  tapper build.  The later ones have a lot of things installed. Villeneuve uses a different dns server called bind and lots of other stuff. If you would like to see what packages are installed in a build take a look at the file called openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-device-linksys-wrt3200acm.manifest in a text editor.

tapper wrote:
antonsamoziv wrote:

@Villeneuve
I see many builds smile

For a build with not menny packages try the 6420  tapper build.  The later ones have a lot of things installed. Villeneuve uses a different dns server called bind and lots of other stuff. If you would like to see what packages are installed in a build take a look at the file called openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9-device-linksys-wrt3200acm.manifest in a text editor.

Thanks,

This was really helpful too https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VGyQ1N … v37sU/view

Hi

I tried to test these vs. but as my internet and PPPoE I had no way to make it work positively did not give to configure the access.

It is suggested, by all means possible to connect to the internet, included in the installer.

gu3d3s wrote:

Hi

I tried to test these vs. but as my internet and PPPoE I had no way to make it work positively did not give to configure the access.

It is suggested, by all means possible to connect to the internet, included in the installer.

I am really sorry mate but I don't understand what you are trying to say.

beginner67890 wrote:
eliaspizarro wrote:

I know the flash process must be over ethernet cable, How do i start from scratch?, i already have backups

Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GDbBCM … sp=sharing

i do this in my previous router, but i got a bricked device. someone told me should i start from scratch. but i don know how.

eliaspizarro wrote:
beginner67890 wrote:
eliaspizarro wrote:

I know the flash process must be over ethernet cable, How do i start from scratch?, i already have backups

Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GDbBCM … sp=sharing

i do this in my previous router, but i got a bricked device. someone told me should i start from scratch. but i don know how.

Starting from scratch is a lot more difficult especially for less experienced users. Upgrading the existing LEDE installation would be much safer. If needed then after upgrading you could always reset the configuration to defaults if keeping your current settings causes problems. That would be the same as starting from scratch except hopefully won't be needed.

1) Download the correct 'caimen' upgrade file for the WRT1200AC to the computer connected with the ethernet.
2) Go to the browser page and click the 'browse' to locate the 'caimen' file.
3) Click when ready to upgrade.

Or just follow the instructons as shown in the screen image link above.

davidc502 wrote:

For those keeping track and are wanting to upgrade to the 3200acm.....  89 bucks with Free shipping and no tax.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Linksys-WRT320 … 0675.m4236

Does not ship to  RO country sad

(Last edited by magnum44 on 20 Mar 2018, 09:39)

davidc502 wrote:

If the issue continues, I will continue to make changes to the driver to accommodate 1200ac owners.

What exactly do you change?

@davidc502
By the way, David, what do you think about WRT32X? Seems like the same hardware (based on reviews), price here is lower significantly.
I want to continue with you firmware, but no releases for it so far...

(Last edited by T-Troll on 20 Mar 2018, 10:37)

T-Troll wrote:

@davidc502
By the way, David, what do you think about WRT32X? Seems like the same hardware (based on reviews), price here is lower significantly.
I want to continue with you firmware, but no releases for it so far...

We might be in the same boat judging from your location. ACM was never sold in Aus as far as I know so the mwlwifi firmware region would always be a problem.

I think you are right, WRT32X is exactly the same hardware. It lacks the 'open source ready' branding on the box so I think that's why kaloz never added support as he did for the rest of the WRT series (he works for them afaik). It'd be a licencing issue with the Killer stuff I think. I don't think there is anything stopping other people from adding support apart from lack of interest. There's a thread about it on the LEDE forum.

I'm waiting/hoping there will be a new model based on the cortex a53/a72 marvell stuff soon, like the EspressoBin/MacchiatoBin. Fingers crossed it sees a wider release than the ACM if/when it happens.

(Last edited by listerwrt on 20 Mar 2018, 11:38)

Looks like disabling cpu idle for mamba has been officially added to lede git.

https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/open … 80401fa213

David, have you been disabling the cpu idle for the mamba for kernel 4.14? Ives read reports that people were getting reboots was unsure if that patch had been applied.

Anyways looks like its official for now.

grunt wrote:

Looks like disabling cpu idle for mamba has been officially added to lede git.

https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/open … 80401fa213

David, have you been disabling the cpu idle for the mamba for kernel 4.14? Ives read reports that people were getting reboots was unsure if that patch had been applied.

Anyways looks like its official for now.

I thought the big fix was to disable RTC, as there Is no other viable way.

There is a verified Linksys 3200ACM Winbond build:

https : // forum.lede-project . org / t / wrt3200acm-unable-to-flash-lede-successfully/10096/148?u=patrikx3

https : // cdn.corifeus . com / openwrt/SNAPSHOT/targets/mvebu/generic/

https : // cdn.corifeus . com / openwrt/SNAPSHOT/targets/mvebu/generic/insomnia-latest-mwlwifi-openwrt-snapshot-insomnia-mvebu-linksys-wrt3200acm-squashfs-factory.img

@Notsofast, two different issues RTC and 4.9 reboot.