OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

davidc502 wrote:
andreapesaresi82 wrote:

How to install minidlna? seems to be not available on sw repository

Thanks for letting me know.  Will put it on the fix list.

Scratch the above ^

After doing a quick search in make menuconfig, I can not find minidlna or luci-app-minidlna.  I then went over to the nightly snapshots, and neither are found in the repository.  So, mini-dlna doesn't appear to be available right now.

Maybe someone else knows what may have happened to it?

Running 5+ days now on r6365 with a WRT3200ACM with 12+ devices. Everything has gone well thus far, fast and stable.

AjkayAlan wrote:

Running 5+ days now on r6365 with a WRT3200ACM with 12+ devices. Everything has gone well thus far, fast and stable.

Thanks AjkayAlan. Wifi is really working well now for most people.

I'm going to try to do a standard build this weekend as the experimental build on kernel 4.14 has gone well.

AjkayAlan wrote:

same for me. Haven't count devices smile

Hi David,

Just to make sure the model: WRT3200ACM-RM2 will work fine right?

Thanks for all your work!

rainkinz wrote:

Hi David,

Just to make sure the model: WRT3200ACM-RM2 will work fine right?

Thanks for all your work!

I don't have a 100% answer right now.  I did hear of some new changes (Winbond) with the 3200acm that would keep it from being able to flash lede/openwrt. However, in the last experimental build I downloaded and included a patch that fixed this issue. What I don't know is if it was the -RM2 that had the problem or not. I believe it is but am not 100 percent sure.

If you want to try flashing, then try flashing to the latest experimental build. If it doesn't flash then you can always fail back over to the Factory Firmware using the recovery procedure which is super easy. From there it would be a waiting game until the developers fixed the issue.

davidc502 wrote:

For those who want to jump up to the 3200acm without spending a lot of money, here's a flea-bay deal of the day....  $119.00 w/ Free Shipping and no taxes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302616879262?ul_noapp=true

Staples seems to be in on the action too. 

https://www.staples.com/LINKSYS-WRT3200 … ct_2764701

Yeah! I skipped on that model because of how linksys had such a lousy release.  Plus seeing that the 1900 series has so many offerings on 3rd party wrt firmwares, i chose to go for a 1900 series at $80 shipped. I don't see a reason for AC for me, just wanted a good base for ethernet connex and WRT for my security needs. Since just this last month, my neighbors have completely abused auto scanning for open ports, with their new devices  both on AC and N channels. Now that AC is a norm for all new products, i must use out of country bands to be able to compensate congestion.  Being smack daub in the middle of my block and sharing back yard space, i am surrounded by at least 2 routers per home, smart printers, video cast, game consoles, wireless speakers and other devices, because peeps are too lazy to check and configure channels for best use and wire up devices that are static in their locations. If it were not for the 50 + APs and smart hub devices running on auto channel mode, i would find keeping my network stable on one particular channel. And may think about AC.

Now that the 3200 series has finally been cracked on its issues, it makes sense now to pick one up, instead if passing it by. It's pretty bad that linksys has dropped the ball down the toilet, as they seem not to be concerned about their issues with the 3200 series.

David, Linksys should pay you a percentage of their sales, now that there is good reason (your build) to by the 3200 series router now.

I run a Windows Active Directory network at home and use Windows DNS for my environment.... but I'm using LEDE to hand out the IP addresses.  Is there a way to have LEDE perform a dynamic DNS update for those devices?

//Brew

Brewder wrote:

I run a Windows Active Directory network at home and use Windows DNS for my environment.... but I'm using LEDE to hand out the IP addresses.  Is there a way to have LEDE perform a dynamic DNS update for those devices?

//Brew

Dynamic DNS is for devices that have more than one IP address (They gain more IP's or frequently change IP's) The example being a user on the LAN with a IP address of 192.168.2.2 and a Hostname of Workstation123. Then the user joins a VPN and the concentrator hands out another IP address of 172.16.1.2. Usually, Dynamic DNS is needed to resolve Workstation123 to IP address 172.16.1.2.

There must be another type of need in your environment?

I definitely used the wrong term..dynamic registration is what I'm looking for...  I want to keep using my router for DHCP, but i I also want to have those IP's register with my Windows DNS server if possible.

Windows DHCP server has this feature, but I'm not sure how it works when I use the router for DHCP.

//Brew

@davidc502

Please include transmission support in your new build!!

Thanks for all the work done so far.

garfo77 wrote:

@davidc502

Pleas Pleas don't add any more packages to the build! It's to bloated now. If people want packages thay can install them after the flash. That's the hole point of openwrt being how it is with packages. I wish you would just build with the basic things in your build like luci ssl sqm upnp and let people make up there own mind what packages thay would like to have. Some packages need removing like there is no need to have sqm and qos installed at the same time. There wrt xx routers have more than enuff flash to install all the packages you need after you have flashed a build.

tapper wrote:
garfo77 wrote:

@davidc502

Pleas Pleas don't add any more packages to the build! It's to bloated now. If people want packages thay can install them after the flash. That's the hole point of openwrt being how it is with packages. I wish you would just build with the basic things in your build like luci ssl sqm upnp and let people make up there own mind what packages thay would like to have. Some packages need removing like there is no need to have sqm and qos installed at the same time. There wrt xx routers have more than enuff flash to install all the packages you need after you have flashed a build.

Let me make myself clear. I want support for transmission, as of now, it does not appear as a package at the repository to be installed. I do not want it in the build but at the repository.

@garfo77

You can install transmission from any openwrt repo as it's an userland package.

nitroshift

Hello,

What will be the best application to restrict the internet access for my son ps4?
I have a wrt1900acs V2 running Lede SNAPSHOT r6302.

Any feedback will help a lot.

Thx.

smarrt wrote:

Hello,

What will be the best application to restrict the internet access for my son ps4?
I have a wrt1900acs V2 running Lede SNAPSHOT r6302.

Any feedback will help a lot.

Thx.

I don't know if it is the best, but did you take a look at "wifischedule" ?

*EDIT*

Install "luci-app-wifischedule"  and it will automatically install the wifischedule.ipk as well.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 10 Mar 2018, 18:01)

davidc502 wrote:

For those who want to jump up to the 3200acm without spending a lot of money, here's a flea-bay deal of the day....  $119.00 w/ Free Shipping and no taxes.

I'm using a 1900acs now and build 6302. How reliable is it to export the config from the 1900 and restore it to the same build on a 3200?

(Last edited by shuttleman58 on 10 Mar 2018, 19:54)

shuttleman58 wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

I'm using a 1900acs now and build 6302. How reliable is it to export the config from the 1900 and restore it to the same build on a 3200?

The Ethernet/OS portion should go okay, but the Wifi part will likely be screwed up.  You can try it and if it goes south, just revert back and do a clean install... meaning, don't save any settings.

tapper wrote:
garfo77 wrote:

@davidc502

Thanks tapper... Yeah, I have no intentions on adding anymore to the build. There was a time when there were some folk who asked for both sqm and qos.  If you were going to choose one over the other which one would it be?

Thanks,

This may be a daft question but having successfully installed the previous built, how do we upgrade to the latest build?
Do I have to restore the Linksys firmware first or can I just upgrade the current build, assuming we can upgrade via logging into the router > System > Backup / Flash Firmware options?

The current build was my first ever time using openWRT software and clearly never upgraded a build before, so some guidance would be very much appreciated for a newbie.

Kind regards,

davidc502 wrote:
tapper wrote:
garfo77 wrote:

@davidc502

Thanks tapper... Yeah, I have no intentions on adding anymore to the build. There was a time when there were some folk who asked for both sqm and qos.  If you were going to choose one over the other which one would it be?

Thanks,

David,

Both qos and sqm can be included without interfering with each other, as long as only one of them is activated.
Sqm is the easier one to setup and probably better suited for the average user.
Qos allows more fine control over the way to control and prioritize traffic, but would require more knowledge of the process.
If you have to choose one, I'd say keep sqm, but since the WRT series have plenty of flash, I don't se any problem keeping both included as standard.

If you have to ch

Both qos and sqm can be included without interfering with each other, as long as only one of them is activated.
Sqm is the easier one to setup and probably better suited for the average user.
Qos allows more fine control over the way to control and prioritize traffic, but would require more knowledge of the process.
If you have to choose one, I'd say keep sqm, but since the WRT series have plenty of flash, I don't se any problem keeping both included as standard.

If you have to ch
Hi I thought that SQM was built to combat the short comings of qos.

eliaspizarro wrote:
beginner67890 wrote:
eliaspizarro wrote:

Hi,

I'm running r4222 on WRT1200AC and i want to upgrade but keeping the config files, certs, etc., so:

How can i do a Full Backup?
How can i revert to the full backup?
How can i upgrade to the last version keeping the configuration? (last time tried i had two partitions with differents OpenWRT, then the device briks. I need only one, the factory should keep intact)

Regards,

The r4222 is about 10 months old now so that is very old for these firmwares. Maybe upgrading would work and there is little risk in trying. I would just start from scratch and flash a factory.img instead.

You can backup your settings in the "System/Backup - flash firmware" tab of the Luci web interface.

How do i start from scratch and flash a factory.img?

Sorry for bothering i read a lot of bricked device by updating
https://forum.lede-project.org/t/bricke … ede/7525/3
http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireles … -p/1012718
https://forum.lede-project.org/t/linksy … ash/9803/6

thanks

someone can help me, the wiki is acurate? some has tried?

Thanks,