OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

beginner67890 wrote:

Are you sure you have the WRT1900ACv1?

There should be no FCC limitations either for the 4.4 or the 4.9 kernel builds for the WRT1900ACv1. My WRT1200ACv1 is a newer design than the WRT1900ACv1 and still does not have the FCC restrictions while the WRT1200ACv2 does have them. I have the transmit power below the maximum with my v1 where there is no way to make those changes with the more recent v2. I prefer to run cool when the higher power is unneeded.

Yes. I have 1900ACv1. But for 4.4 i'm use RegHack also, so i have 30/30db as a result.
But it's not work for 4.9, so all i can have is 30/25db using BM country code. 50 times less power at lower 5G.
In real life it means i need additional 5G repeater for top 2 floors of my house.

(Last edited by T-Troll on 1 Jan 2018, 04:54)

BusyBox v1.27.2 () built-in shell (ash)

_______                     ________        __
|       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
|   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
|_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
-----------------------------------------------------
Lede SNAPSHOT, r5621-1064e76e4e
-----------------------------------------------------
root@OpenWrt:~# uptime
13:01:51 up 2 days, 12:45,  load average: 0.07, 0.02, 0.00
root@OpenWrt:~#
wrt1900ac.everything works fine so far

(Last edited by Armik on 1 Jan 2018, 11:06)

something is wrong with 2.4ghz wifi. with mwlwifi from aug17 all was running fine.

My wrt1200acv1 has now an uptime of 18h and DHCP-offer packets do not reach stations on 2.4ghz AP anymore. Once a 2.4-only client wants to connect, it won't receive an IP. My macbook accepts 2.4 and 5ghz but once I disable 5ghz on the router - same story. disabling/enabling 2.4ghz AP does not resolve the issue. Only reboot.

Can someone provide an older package of mwlwifi for current davidc502 build or alternatively an older image containing the old aug17 mwlwifi driver package?

(Last edited by tcsoft on 1 Jan 2018, 12:23)

people tell me it is worth buying now wrt3200ac or it is worth waiting for new even more advanced models.thanks

T-Troll wrote:

Yes. I have 1900ACv1. But for 4.4 i'm use RegHack also, so i have 30/30db as a result.
But it's not work for 4.9, so all i can have is 30/25db using BM country code. 50 times less power at lower 5G.
In real life it means i need additional 5G repeater for top 2 floors of my house.

To achieve the same result as the old reghack, you'll need to compile a new regulatory.db yourself and place it in /lib/firmware. sad
This needs to be signed with the same key as was used when building the image, otherwise it will be rejected and fall back to the build-in world domain '00'.
If @davidc502 would make the key, used to sign the regulatory.db, available this is not too difficult.
Otherwise you'll have to compile and generate your own image.

Armik wrote:

people tell me it is worth buying now wrt3200ac or it is worth waiting for new even more advanced models.thanks

There is always the next "more advanced model" just behind the corner. Makes no sense to wait for something really special (unless there a specific new feature that you really need).

WRT3200ACM is pretty well supported in Openwrt/LEDE and the ath10k wifi driver is finally starting to mature and get feature-complete, so WRT3200ACM starts to be ok as a router. Not yet perfect, but that can be said for all routers...

(note that there are development troubles for all modern wifi drivers like mwlwifi, ath10k etc., as they all contain also closed-source firmware bundles that make them more closed than the fully open old ath9k was.)

hnyman wrote:
Armik wrote:

There is always the next "more advanced model" just behind the corner. Makes no sense to wait for something really special (unless there a specific new feature that you really need).

WRT3200ACM is pretty well supported in Openwrt/LEDE and the ath10k wifi driver is finally starting to mature and get feature-complete, so WRT3200ACM starts to be ok as a router. Not yet perfect, but that can be said for all routers...

(note that there are development troubles for all modern wifi drivers like mwlwifi, ath10k etc., as they all contain also closed-source firmware bundles that make them more closed than the fully open old ath9k was.)

I understand, thanks

Sorry for not being able to find this, but I have been trying to get a usb external hd to show up on mount points, but can't seem to get it going.  I have a wrt3200acm and a 1tb wd hd connected.  Flashed Rango, and it showed that it included the usb packages so mounting would already be possible, but I guess I am missing something?  Thanks for any help provided.

mrschleif wrote:

Sorry for not being able to find this, but I have been trying to get a usb external hd to show up on mount points, but can't seem to get it going.  I have a wrt3200acm and a 1tb wd hd connected.  Flashed Rango, and it showed that it included the usb packages so mounting would already be possible, but I guess I am missing something?  Thanks for any help provided.

Proper cable? You need an ESATAP cable or a ESATA + USB (for 5v) combined cable.

mrschleif wrote:

Would the 1tb drive be ntfs by chance? NTFS drives don't show up in Mount Points until mounted for some reason, so if it's ntfs try mounting manually and then check Mount Points, it will probably only be in the Mounted File System section.

adri wrote:

To achieve the same result as the old reghack, you'll need to compile a new regulatory.db yourself and place it in /lib/firmware. sad
This needs to be signed with the same key as was used when building the image, otherwise it will be rejected and fall back to the build-in world domain '00'.
If @davidc502 would make the key, used to sign the regulatory.db, available this is not too difficult.
Otherwise you'll have to compile and generate your own image.

Aha... Thank you, seems like i can make it into play later.

Hi,
I just clean installed the lastest rango build (r5621) on my WRT3200.
Maybe some of you already noticed that there is a problem with ping/connect from client to client trough wlan. See https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/243.

In my case, it looks like this:
I have two Intel NUC with Libreelec. These are connected to the router via Wlan (one 5GHz and one 2.4 GHz). I have always done the remote control with the App Kore (Andoid 8.0 5GHz). Now it is the case that the remote control only works after rebooting the router. A few minutes later it doesn't work anymore. I can't even ping the two devices anymore. However, the two media players still work (I have another IR remote control). I can play movies and the internet connection works, too.

Does anyone know this problem?

Edit: I'm coming from LEDE 17.01.4 with same issue. I didn't notice this issue in older davidc build's (november I guess)

(Last edited by mrremo on 2 Jan 2018, 11:12)

mrremo wrote:

Hi,
Maybe some of you already noticed that there is a problem with ping/connect from client to client trough wlan. See https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/243.

YES, this is exactly what I experience since a few builds.

i'm also having the same issue i can access my device but can't connect directly via ip address or web gui after for me seems like a few hours and a reboot let it work for a time again then same thing.

davidc502 wrote:
Icipher wrote:

Hey guys,
My wireless clients get disconnected very frequently, don't know what i causing this. Sick and tired of searching in Google..

I have r5501 snapshot from David.

System Log

Tue Dec 19 20:47:43 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[3200]: DHCPDISCOVER(br-lan) 64:bc:0c:82:56:2c
Tue Dec 19 20:47:43 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[3200]: DHCPOFFER(br-lan) 10.0.0.168 64:bc:0c:82:56:2c
Tue Dec 19 20:47:43 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[3200]: DHCPREQUEST(br-lan) 10.0.0.168 64:bc:0c:82:56:2c
Tue Dec 19 20:47:43 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[3200]: DHCPACK(br-lan) 10.0.0.168 64:bc:0c:82:56:2c
Tue Dec 19 20:47:44 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 64:bc:0c:82:56:2c IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Tue Dec 19 21:05:14 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED ac:fd:ce:68:62:71

Linux, Android, Windows..doesn't matter the OS, when I get a system log like the one I posted, that device will lost connectivity..
I'm really losing the hope on getting this device stable..

Best regards and I hope someone can help me smile

Those are all normal logs. Have you tried the standard lede build or DD-WRT and see if the same is happening?

@davidc502,

I am having the same problem with r5621 using a WRT1900ACS v1.
Some clients (ddwrt client bridge) are disconnected every 10 minutes and reconnect directly afterwards.
I've already tried to eliminate group rekeying as a possible cause by setting 'option wpa_group_rekey 0', but the problem remains.
Using r5297 of your image, the problem is not there.
Perhaps something changed in the hostapd config or options?

adri wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
Icipher wrote:

Hey guys,
My wireless clients get disconnected very frequently, don't know what i causing this. Sick and tired of searching in Google..

I have r5501 snapshot from David.

System Log

Tue Dec 19 20:47:43 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[3200]: DHCPDISCOVER(br-lan) 64:bc:0c:82:56:2c
Tue Dec 19 20:47:43 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[3200]: DHCPOFFER(br-lan) 10.0.0.168 64:bc:0c:82:56:2c
Tue Dec 19 20:47:43 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[3200]: DHCPREQUEST(br-lan) 10.0.0.168 64:bc:0c:82:56:2c
Tue Dec 19 20:47:43 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[3200]: DHCPACK(br-lan) 10.0.0.168 64:bc:0c:82:56:2c
Tue Dec 19 20:47:44 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 64:bc:0c:82:56:2c IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Tue Dec 19 21:05:14 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED ac:fd:ce:68:62:71

Linux, Android, Windows..doesn't matter the OS, when I get a system log like the one I posted, that device will lost connectivity..
I'm really losing the hope on getting this device stable..

Best regards and I hope someone can help me smile

Those are all normal logs. Have you tried the standard lede build or DD-WRT and see if the same is happening?

@davidc502,

Some clients (ddwrt client bridge) are disconnected every 10 minutes and reconnect directly afterwards.
I've already tried to eliminate group rekeying as a possible cause by setting 'option wpa_group_rekey 0', but the problem remains.

I do know there was a wifi driver change that forces clients to disconnect around every 10 minutes, if the connection goes inactive. This was a work around to keep wifi from crashing.

Do you think the inactivity is the reason for the disconnects?

davidc502 wrote:
adri wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

@davidc502,

I do know there was a wifi driver change that forces clients to disconnect around every 10 minutes, if the connection goes inactive. This was a work around to keep wifi from crashing.

Do you think the inactivity is the reason for the disconnects?

I'm pretty sure inactivity is the cause, since it doesn't happen when I keep the web interface up and refreshing every 30 seconds.
If this is a work-around, I hope it'll be removed SOON, since the client automatically reconnects as as soon as it looses the connection and keeps flooding the log.
Shouldn't this work-around be only acivated for the WRT3200ACM driver, since I'm seeing it on a WRT1900ACS v1?
Do you know which mwlwifi commit added this work-around, since I don't see it in the commit descriptions?

(Last edited by adri on 3 Jan 2018, 09:16)

Hi,

In Statistics > Graphs .. I get NaN values on all graphs. I have a WRT1900ACS V2.

It worked for a short time when I first installed LEDE on my router, but it stopped working after a while. How can I get the graphs up and running again without "nan" values?

(Last edited by persson on 5 Jan 2018, 10:10)

I have a recommendation for @davidc502 for the 3200ACM builds. I think they should include the "kmod-mwifiex-sdio" driver out-of-the-box. This enables the third radio ("radio2").

I went from a distro that had the kernel module to this one. This resulted in a weird state where I had a radio2 defined but it wouldn't come up no matter what I did using the web interface or ssh:

# wifi status
{
<cut>
        "radio2": {
                "up": false,
                "pending": false,
                "autostart": true,
                "disabled": false,

This (may have) caused dnsmasq to hang every time the router booted until I went in and restarted it manually.

[Edit: If anybody replies to this post, please also send me a message so I get an email notification; not subscribed to this thread.]

(Last edited by RevRagnarok on 15 Jan 2018, 01:45)

RevRagnarok wrote:

I have a recommendation for @davidc502 for the 3200ACM builds. I think they should include the "kmod-mwifiex-sdio" driver out-of-the-box. This enables the third radio ("radio2").

@RevRagnarok,

The "kmod-mwifiex-sdio" driver has been removed by @davidc502 some time ago.
Having the driver installed may cause stability issues and radio2 isn't supposed to be used for normal wifi.
It was added to detect radar signals etc. for the DFS functionality.

Dear David,
I would like to use USB 3.0 support for my WRT3200ACM router but I cant find the package kmod-usb3 in the software section of GUI. I did update my repo with no luck. How can I obtain this package?
In other matters, is it possible to upload to the repo the transmission packages referred in openWRT wiki (https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/transmission)? Is there any other way to install it?
Best regards

adri wrote:

The "kmod-mwifiex-sdio" driver has been removed by @davidc502 some time ago.
Having the driver installed may cause stability issues and radio2 isn't supposed to be used for normal wifi.
It was added to detect radar signals etc. for the DFS functionality.

Huh. I really like having a third because I made it into a DMZ / Guest network with my thermostat and any visitors to the house. Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'm SOL next time I need to rebuild it.

Newtman wrote:

Dear David,
I would like to use USB 3.0 support for my WRT3200ACM router but I cant find the package kmod-usb3 in the software section of GUI. I did update my repo with no luck. How can I obtain this package?
In other matters, is it possible to upload to the repo the transmission packages referred in openWRT wiki (https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/transmission)? Is there any other way to install it?
Best regards

You don't really need this kmod to operate USB3 port. But, based on my own experience and other guys issues, i strongly recommend to use eSATA cable instead of USB3 - it's faster and lower CPU usage.

See 1-2 pages back this thread about Transmission - the daemon was lost in 4.9 releases die to some depended packages errors.
You can add David's repository for 4.4 kernel - it have it and it's working at 4.9 as well.

I'm now running Reboot (SNAPSHOT, r5113-2af10c30fe), and it seems stable with 4 days and 8 hour uptime.
But I do experience really slow lan, when it comes to establishing lan connections and so on.
Did anyone else experience this same issue?
I want to know, cause I don't want to start experimenting again, and start trying out other builds again. I must have tried 20 builds until I found this one.
So if anyone know what might cause this, and if there's a fix for it -- please let me know.

Thank you.