OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

There are no configs, which might cause a reboot/crash. I also have this weird issue right now, that I cant resolve lede-project.org nor openwrt.org. What could be the reason for this? I have two dnscrypt-proxies opened, so even if one had issues, the other should find it, no? All other sites I usually use work, but not the two.

> openwrt.org
Server:  wrtarm.lan
Address:  fd5a:67cc:9f9e::1

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Zeitüberschreitung bei Anforderung an wrtarm.lan.
> lede-project.org

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Zeitüberschreitung bei Anforderung an wrtarm.lan.
> cnn.com

Nicht autorisierende Antwort:
Name:    cnn.com
Addresses:  2a04:4e42:600::323
          2a04:4e42:400::323
          2a04:4e42:200::323
          2a04:4e42::323

> google.com

Nicht autorisierende Antwort:
Name:    google.com
Addresses:  2a00:1450:401b:800::200e

It's like openwrt.org and lede-project.org are blocked by dnscrypt-proxy. I use dnscrypt.eu-dk and d0wn-fr-ns1.

I actually just noticed... ALL sites ending with ".org" arent working. What the heck is this!? I get a DNS timeout for every ".org" site.

It seems those dnscrypt DNS servers have some issues (right now?)? I added a 3rd one 'd0wn-se-ns1' and now org domains are working again... BUT .co not, cz same. What is this?

(Last edited by makedir on 9 Dec 2017, 08:41)

Hi David sorry to bother you again I've been away for a while and haven't been able to keep up to speed. Did the client not disconnecting when out of range issue get solved ?

https://forum.lede-project.org/t/associ … nt/8312/26

Thanks for all your help and for the builds.

Just FYI

Do not know the cause but r5422 caused disconnects in my ISP connection and the ISP's DSLAM shut my VDSL2 line (DSL port) off after a while. It took a few days as the DSLAM sees the disconnects as a bad line and tries to compensate. At least this was how it was explained to me by the ISP help-desk.

I had to call the ISP and they had to reset the VDSL2 connection (port on DSLAM) I have at the DSLAM. Has been OK since I reverted to prior version and the DSLAM reset was done.

This happened about a year ago also on other OpenWRT build so I suppose it has something to do with the PPPoE module. Really just a guess. I waited for the next revision and it was OK until this last incident recently.

I reverted back to davidc502's r5389 version and all seems fine for the last week.

This may be unique to me as I use a Netgear DM200 DSL Modem as a dumb DSL bridge with the WRT3200ACM doing all the PPPoE login etc..

Just wanted to let the community know in case someone else has the same experience.

timothyharrison2007 wrote:

Hi David sorry to bother you again I've been away for a while and haven't been able to keep up to speed. Did the client not disconnecting when out of range issue get solved ?

Yes, the issue has been fixed.

davidc502 wrote:

Is is simple a case of updating to the latest build r5422?

davidc502 wrote:

Is is simple a case of updating to the latest build r5422?

Also, download and install the wifi latest driver. You will see it posted a few pages back.

Just to make sure, we are talking about the 3200acm issue where clients that have been gone a while would come back into range causing the router to reboot.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 9 Dec 2017, 16:25)

No sorry im refering to the issue where clients connected to the AP would show as an associated station permanently  when out of range and never disconnect but if you manually disable WiFi on the device it would.  The router is Linksys wrt 1900ACS originally I asked the question on the LEDE forum

And was recommended to ask your advice on here
the updated driver was mentioned on the thread however I was unsure whether this fixed the same issue as the one pertaining to the 3200ACM specifically.

davidc502 wrote:

Hi David I've been trying to solve a problem where any client connected to WiFi stays connected permanently even if it drops out of range for quite a while. I posted the problem on the LEDE forum and Its been suggested I should ask  your advice .

https://forum.lede-project.org/t/associ … esent/8312

I use my router in conjunction with openhab home automation for presence detection it works perfectly on build r4707 and this is the build I have to keep returning to.
I noticed that from build r5032 onwards hostapd was updated could this  be the cause of clients not being cleared when they drop out of range for Tue required time ?

Thank you for your help in advance.

As a test, I associated/authenticated my android with Wifi, and then just pulled the battery out, and sure enough the phone still shows as being associated. So far it has been 15 minutes, and the station hasn't disassociated or deauthenticated due to inactivity, so I'm just waiting to see how long it takes. What's interesting is there have been two poll's that have come back as "ok" after the battery was pulled.

root@lede:~# logread -f |grep AndroidMACAddy

TEST Deauthentication 
Tue Nov 14 19:00:45 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED AndroidMACAddy
Tue Nov 14 19:00:45 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA AndroidMACAddy IEEE 802.11: disassociated
Tue Nov 14 19:00:46 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA AndroidMACAddy IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)

Authentication
Tue Nov 14 19:00:51 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA AndroidMACAddy IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 6)
Tue Nov 14 19:00:51 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-STA-CONNECTED AndroidMACAddy
Tue Nov 14 19:00:51 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA AndroidMACAddy WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)
Tue Nov 14 19:00:52 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[2890]: DHCPREQUEST(br-lan) MYIP  AndroidMACAddy
Tue Nov 14 19:00:52 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[2890]: DHCPACK(br-lan) MYIP AndroidMACAddy android-c4c68c639ca8efd0
Tue Nov 14 19:00:52 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA AndroidMACAddy IEEE 802.11: authenticated

Phone Battery has been pulled -- Waiting for a TimeOut or something....
Tue Nov 14 19:06:12 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-STA-POLL-OK AndroidMACAddy    <<<< POLL OK????
Tue Nov 14 19:11:15 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-STA-POLL-OK AndroidMACAddy    <<<< POLL OK????
Tue Nov 14 19:16:18 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-STA-POLL-OK AndroidMACAddy   <<<< POLL OK????

Currently, I'm thinking this should go into flyspray..   

root@lede:~# opkg list-installed |grep hostapd
hostapd-common - 2017-08-24-c2d4f2eb-4

(Last edited by timothyharrison2007 on 9 Dec 2017, 17:17)

No sorry im refering to the issue where clients connected to the AP would show as an associated station permanently  when out of range and never disconnect but if you manually disable WiFi on the device it would.  The router is Linksys wrt 1900ACS originally I asked the question on the LEDE forum

And was recommended to ask your advice on here
the updated driver was mentioned on the thread however I was unsure whether this fixed the same issue as the one pertaining to the 3200ACM specifically.

davidc502 wrote:

Hi David I've been trying to solve a problem where any client connected to WiFi stays connected permanently even if it drops out of range for quite a while. I posted the problem on the LEDE forum and Its been suggested I should ask  your advice .

https://forum.lede-project.org/t/associ … esent/8312

I use my router in conjunction with openhab home automation for presence detection it works perfectly on build r4707 and this is the build I have to keep returning to.
I noticed that from build r5032 onwards hostapd was updated could this  be the cause of clients not being cleared when they drop out of range for Tue required time ?

Thank you for your help in advance.

As a test, I associated/authenticated my android with Wifi, and then just pulled the battery out, and sure enough the phone still shows as being associated. So far it has been 15 minutes, and the station hasn't disassociated or deauthenticated due to inactivity, so I'm just waiting to see how long it takes. What's interesting is there have been two poll's that have come back as "ok" after the battery was pulled.

root@lede:~# logread -f |grep AndroidMACAddy

TEST Deauthentication 
Tue Nov 14 19:00:45 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED AndroidMACAddy
Tue Nov 14 19:00:45 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA AndroidMACAddy IEEE 802.11: disassociated
Tue Nov 14 19:00:46 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA AndroidMACAddy IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)

Authentication
Tue Nov 14 19:00:51 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA AndroidMACAddy IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 6)
Tue Nov 14 19:00:51 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-STA-CONNECTED AndroidMACAddy
Tue Nov 14 19:00:51 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA AndroidMACAddy WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)
Tue Nov 14 19:00:52 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[2890]: DHCPREQUEST(br-lan) MYIP  AndroidMACAddy
Tue Nov 14 19:00:52 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[2890]: DHCPACK(br-lan) MYIP AndroidMACAddy android-c4c68c639ca8efd0
Tue Nov 14 19:00:52 2017 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA AndroidMACAddy IEEE 802.11: authenticated

Phone Battery has been pulled -- Waiting for a TimeOut or something....
Tue Nov 14 19:06:12 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-STA-POLL-OK AndroidMACAddy    <<<< POLL OK????
Tue Nov 14 19:11:15 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-STA-POLL-OK AndroidMACAddy    <<<< POLL OK????
Tue Nov 14 19:16:18 2017 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-STA-POLL-OK AndroidMACAddy   <<<< POLL OK????

Currently, I'm thinking this should go into flyspray..   

root@lede:~# opkg list-installed |grep hostapd
hostapd-common - 2017-08-24-c2d4f2eb-4

I think this is fixed for all the versions.  When I pull the battery out of my phone, it is dropped within 5 minutes.

Well, the new mobo was DOA...  sad   I worked with it for several hours and didn't even get one beep out of it, so it never went into POST. Tried 2 different processors as well as RAM, and nothing. But when I stuck the original motherboard back in, it fired right up.

Anyhow, that's how my morning started.

@David
Had the same with my last Asrock mobo and it took me 2 days before i returned it as defective.
I feel bad for ya... but it happens sometimes.

davidc502 wrote:

Well, the new mobo was DOA...  sad   I worked with it for several hours and didn't even get one beep out of it, so it never went into POST. Tried 2 different processors as well as RAM, and nothing. But when I stuck the original motherboard back in, it fired right up.

Anyhow, that's how my morning started.

@david
What a fun way to start your morning. wink Have always feared that happening, but so far been lucky, Latest build used a Asus MB and a Ryzen 5-1600 cpu. Running well.

My gaming/main Pc, an AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 + i3770 runs since 5 years with no problems (:

Is there a way to save crash logs somehow though a router reboot?

(Last edited by makedir on 10 Dec 2017, 05:45)

makedir wrote:

Many.....

log to usb
log to remote mount
log to remote syslogd
log to database
log to printer

Didn't see any other way to contact you, sorry.

I wanted to say THANK YOU for the build service because installing your LEDE img was easy and fast.  Do you have a paypal or something I could kick a few bucks to?

anthonyclarka2 wrote:

Didn't see any other way to contact you, sorry.

I wanted to say THANK YOU for the build service because installing your LEDE img was easy and fast.  Do you have a paypal or something I could kick a few bucks to?

Appreciate the offer but no. The real thanks goes to all of the OpenWrt/LEDE developers that make it all happen. All I do is a little customization, compile and distribute.

Best Regards,

Dear Dave,
Thanks for the efforts you make in providing your outstanding customized builds. I appreciate you immensely. Sorry to hear about your media server mobo. No pressure - but are you going to still post new builds today - Sunday - or have your plans changed.
Have a Happy Holiday and did you get snow in Tennessee.
In Peace -

DIT

davidc502 OK so I updated to the latest build and then went out of range with my phone approximately 100metres I then turned my WiFi off on my device so I can return home and check Luci interface. It shows me as an assosiated station still with no signal and its been 10 minutes. In the log it says

Daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP- STA- POLL- OK ( my ip address)

Im not sure how to upload an image of Luci to show you.

I take the updated driver will be of no benefit to me?

davidc502 OK so I updated to the latest build and then went out of range with my phone approximately 100metres I then turned my WiFi off on my device so I can return home and check Luci interface. It shows me as an assosiated station still with no signal and its been 10 minutes. In the log it says

I'm in process of a new build today. Just hold off testing for now.

It could be that the latest driver change, that drops devices no longer in range, just affects the 3200acm. I say that because the 3200acm was having a reboot issue when those devices eventually came back into range. Thinking along those lines. If the other models were not having the reboot issue when devices came back into range, the latest driver change may not do anything for those models.

I'm just thinking out loud, but that may be reason why you are not seeing those devices drop after being out of range for a long period of time.

davidc502 wrote:

I'm in process of a new build today. Just hold off testing for now.

It could be that the latest driver change, that drops devices no longer in range, just affects the 3200acm. I say that because the 3200acm was having a reboot issue when those devices eventually came back into range. Thinking along those lines. If the other models were not having the reboot issue when devices came back into range, the latest driver change may not do anything for those models.

I'm just thinking out loud, but that may be reason why you are not seeing those devices drop after being out of range for a long period of time.

Hello!

With r5422 (3200acm) and the latest driver (over a week now), I am seeing the following behavior (over 20+ 5G devices)
- Devices stay connected but not able to access internet/router
- Devices gets dropped and join again.

Secondly, could you please direct me on building the firmware with your customization.

Thanks!

r5422-9fe59abef8, After 2d 4h 49m 16s
Memory: Free 188196 kB / 513040 kB (36%)
Keeps shrinking...  Doesn't seem to be normal...??

edit: 2d 14h 42m 48s
Free 137084 kB / 513040 kB (26%)
Am I the only one with this issue ??

Using lastest driver btw...

(Last edited by Zorr0x on 11 Dec 2017, 08:00)

WWTK wrote:
makedir wrote:

Many.....

log to usb
log to remote mount
log to remote syslogd
log to database
log to printer

Cool.........

AND HOW!? I dont think the router would be able to do much stuff like that anymore, if the kernel panics and isnt able to do anything anymore of higher stuff which relays on network, wifi, usb, whatever.

I log to USB and works well and this is how. Let me know if you need more info..

root@lede:~# ls -l /mnt           <<< Looking in mnt and nothing there

root@lede:~# mkdir /mnt/usb       <<< Make usb directory

root@lede:~# mount /dev/sda /mnt/usb   <<< Mount the USB stick

root@lede:~# ls -l /mnt/usb      <<<< Look in the usb directory and now see the contents.
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root      28205056 Aug 31 20:45 firewallLog.log
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        240647 Nov 17 16:11 logging.log
drwx------    2 root     root         16384 May  5  2017 lost+found
-rw-------    1 root     root             0 Oct 31 20:32 openvpn.log

root@lede:~# > /mnt/usb/logging.log      <<< Just clearing the previous contents of the log.

root@lede:~# logread -f >> /mnt/usb/logging.log &     <<< Starting the logread process and redirecting the output to USB.

root@lede:~# ps -ef |grep logread         <<<  Looking to verify it is now running.
root      3522  3502  0 20:25 pts/0    00:00:00 logread -f      <<< Yes is now running
root      3524  3502  0 20:25 pts/0    00:00:00 grep logread

For those who have been asking about a new build...  It's not out because of a lack of trying.  I've been getting transient errors and GCC errors too when trying to build.

Will keep trying though.

Apologies if this has been asked before, and I hope someone can give me some pointers, specific to the 3200acm.

my 3200acm is running David's r5422.
I'd like to connect it to a managed switch downstream. One of the ethernet ports on the 3200 with multiple VLANs, will connect to one port of the switch.
Does the 3200acm (Marvell) even support tagged and multiple vlans, especially in David's builds ?

(my other broadcomm router, wrt350n on dd-wrt, was all set up that way, but just died, so am looking for that functionality in the 3200.)

edit: removed 801x, not accurate

(Last edited by droa on 11 Dec 2017, 17:44)

droa wrote:

Apologies if this has been asked before, and I hope someone can give me some pointers, specific to the 3200acm.

my 3200acm is running David's r5422.
I'd like to connect it to a managed switch downstream. One of the ethernet ports on the 3200 with 801.x  and multiple VLANs, will connect to one port of the switch.
Does the 3200acm (Marvell) even support tagged and multiple vlans, especially in David's builds ?

(my other broadcomm router, wrt350n on dd-wrt, was all set up that way, but just died, so am looking for that functionality in the 3200.)

Luci -> Network -> Switch

Similar to DD-wrt.