OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

davidc502 wrote:
famg wrote:

@David, do you know if 3200 has a battery? Disable CONFIG_RTC_DRV_MV and CONFIG_RTC_DRV_ARMADA38X is a possibility?

@Anyone having this problem?

Regards,

famg wrote:

Anyone have this issue with David build?

@David, they say a possible workaround is disabling CONFIG_RTC_DRV_MV and CONFIG_RTC_DRV_ARMADA38X in the kernel. Is there a way to disable it after compiling? Could you please change this params at next build (for wrt1900/wrt1200 I don't know about WRT3200) to see if really solves the issue? Does the WRT3200AC has a battery?

I see the issue, and will be able to work on correcting it tomorrow in the config which will be deployed in the next build. Thanks for the reminder as this is a totally understandable issue.  Maybe I'm a little partial as I work with syslogs and understand the importance of keeping correct time.... lol

root@lede:~# /sbin/hwclock -r
Wed Dec 31 17:59:59 1969  0.000000 seconds

@famg

I'm currently building with changes to remove the hardware clock, and in that process discovered busybox diff. So, I've removed the full blown diff, and added the busybox diff in its place. Those should be two interesting items to test.

If I upload the test image, are you willing to test and verify it is working as expected?

davidc502 wrote:
Villeneuve wrote:

@T-Troll, You might find this procd fan_control more functional than a modified version of the default cron job; has 3 thresholds, instead of 2. It keeps the fan running at 50% OOTB, but there is a comment of where to change if you want 0% as default.

What's involved in getting this to be a part of a build and maybe disabling the default fan control?

Looks like a 3 file replacement is all.

@davidc502, as it sits right now, I would say for a general purpose build, so things just work OOTB:

* due to target/linux/mvebu/base-files/etc/uci-defaults/04_mambafan
      file /etc/crontabs/root will have fan_ctrl.sh appended
      delete/modify, I don't think a ./files/etc/crontabs/root will cut it

* add target/linux/mvebu/base-files/sbin/fan_monitor, as the directory is already there

* add target/linux/mvebu/base-files/etc/init.d/fan_control, but edit file and remove /usr

so, not a custom feed. The history is it was an academic exercise to try out per device file system when it was added.

I just updated my router to latest David LEDE version from older David LEDE version and i'm getting a certificate error when trying to login to WRT1900ACS. Is there a way to fix this?

(Last edited by th0r on 10 Nov 2017, 22:23)

th0r wrote:

I just updated my router to latest David LEDE version from older David LEDE version and i'm getting a certificate error when trying to login to WRT1900ACS. Is there a way to fix this?

You will need to import the certificate into the trusted certificate store.  How you do this is going to be different per browser, so just google how to import a certificate for your particular browser.

Please release the make.config for the three routers on your homepage, so people can easily compile their own custom roms @davidc502

If OpenVPN for example isnt compiled with allow stored credentials, it is useless. Some for missing filter packages.

(Last edited by makedir on 10 Nov 2017, 23:56)

david, how did you remove RTC stuff?

davidc502 wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
famg wrote:

@David, do you know if 3200 has a battery? Disable CONFIG_RTC_DRV_MV and CONFIG_RTC_DRV_ARMADA38X is a possibility?

@Anyone having this problem?

Regards,

I see the issue, and will be able to work on correcting it tomorrow in the config which will be deployed in the next build. Thanks for the reminder as this is a totally understandable issue.  Maybe I'm a little partial as I work with syslogs and understand the importance of keeping correct time.... lol

root@lede:~# /sbin/hwclock -r
Wed Dec 31 17:59:59 1969  0.000000 seconds

@famg

I'm currently building with changes to remove the hardware clock, and in that process discovered busybox diff. So, I've removed the full blown diff, and added the busybox diff in its place. Those should be two interesting items to test.

If I upload the test image, are you willing to test and verify it is working as expected?

davidc502 wrote:

For 3200acm owners.  Below is the latest mwlwifi (wifi) driver commit from yuhhaurlin. Please do some testing and report good or bad. The driver changes are supposed to fix the crash reboot issue.

Also you must be running the following image to test the driver -->  Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r5201-8b9cdebc9c

Almost 4 days uptime, no issues.

root@LEDE:~# uptime
06:03:20 up 3 days, 22:40,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Villeneuve wrote:

@T-Troll, You might find this procd fan_control more functional than a modified version of the default cron job; has 3 thresholds, instead of 2. It keeps the fan running at 50% OOTB, but there is a comment of where to change if you want 0% as default.

Thank you for the link, i've take a look.

The only difference it's bigger in size and stays in memory all the time, instead of start by cron. Don't sure it's better approach.

However, 127 value doen't work on my mamba - it stops the fan.

I don't want fan working all the time, the issue was in hot conditions, 5G wifi card getting hot under heavy load and hangs after it got about 92C, but in initial script it have fan turned on for it at 100!

(Last edited by T-Troll on 11 Nov 2017, 06:27)

WWTK wrote:
robocide wrote:

Hey Guys ,

Not related to forum question , but still so many experts in WRT here.

is WRT3200 is good for office with 50-100 Wifi Connections ?

thanks!

I personally have been pretty disappointed by it but as others have said it's more a software issue than hardware.  Right now you can only use one of the 5ghz radios.  I had intended for this to be my main router, but ended up at least for now using my r8000 netgear and the house has seen a huge improvement in speed over the 1900acs the 3200 was supposed to replace.

Thanks for your answers friends :

@WWTK , @S Pimenta , @Pasxalisk .

davidc502 wrote:

For 3200acm owners.  Below is the latest mwlwifi (wifi) driver commit from yuhhaurlin. Please do some testing and report good or bad. The driver changes are supposed to fix the crash reboot issue.

Also you must be running the following image to test the driver -->  Lede Reboot SNAPSHOT r5201-8b9cdebc9c 

https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/re … _vfpv3.ipk

As you know I had never experienced any issues with "re-authorization" before yet I still wanted to test this release. Uptime is 3 days now w/o anything negative to report.

r5297 has been uploaded to the server, and is ready for download.

Here are a few of the changes
1. The Hardware Clock has been removed as it is not needed for our builds.  I need testers to ensure this is working correctly.
2. Fullblown diff has been removed, and busybox diff was added.
3. partially revert "mwlwifi: switch to AutoProbe" <-- Affects the 3200acm only

*EDIT(

@gsustek   If the hwclock removal works, will tell everyone how it was done.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 11 Nov 2017, 17:19)

davidc502 wrote:

1. The Hardware Clock has been removed as it is not needed for our builds.  I need testers to ensure this is working correctly.

*EDIT(

Thanks for the update, are you going to laboriously churn out a build for us WRT1900 v1 holdouts in view of the reboot issue?

(Last edited by hancor on 11 Nov 2017, 21:15)

hi
i have tp-link w8970 with latest lede trunk.
i have one problem, i can't find a dnscrypt-proxy with plugins
i tried this github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy-installer but it's not installing.
its really nice if we can have dnscrypt-proxy-plugins in package repo.
thank you

hisham2630 wrote:

hi
i have tp-link w8970 with latest lede trunk.

This is the thread for davidc502 Linksys WRT routers.
Check tp-link thread.

hancor wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

*EDIT(

Thanks for the update, are you going to laboriously churn out a build for us WRT1900 v1 holdouts in view of the reboot issue?

Working on it.

hi davidc502, great work, thanks! was wondering if the latest builds include mu-mimo support for the wrt3200acm model. new to the project and having a hard time tracking down the answer. feel free to point me someplace else!

cheers

dreary_ennui wrote:

hi davidc502, great work, thanks! was wondering if the latest builds include mu-mimo support for the wrt3200acm model. new to the project and having a hard time tracking down the answer. feel free to point me someplace else!

cheers

mu-mimo is not supported yet, but will be at some point in the future.

davidc502 wrote:
dreary_ennui wrote:

cheers

great, thanks. have subscribed to topic and will be following. on a 3200acm w/ 5297. this the best place to post bugs?

dreary_ennui wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
dreary_ennui wrote:

cheers

great, thanks. have subscribed to topic and will be following. on a 3200acm w/ 5297. this the best place to post bugs?

I'm going to break it down like this, but nothing is set in stone... Post where you think you will get the best response......

For configure help or issues with regular operation/packages this thread and the 1900ac thread would be ideal.

I also recommend posting issues on the LEDE board as developers watch the threads and can help determine bug related issues -->  https://forum.lede-project.org/c/general

AND if a bug is likely the issue, then post those bugs on Flyspray -->  https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php … ;project=2

Hope that helps to clarify.

davidc502 wrote:
th0r wrote:

You will need to import the certificate into the trusted certificate store.  How you do this is going to be different per browser, so just google how to import a certificate for your particular browser.

I know how to import into any browser. Where do I get  the certificate from? Sorry if I'm a newbie. Love what you do! #respect!

(Last edited by th0r on 12 Nov 2017, 09:17)

th0r wrote:

I fixed this problem by changing the router settings to not redirect from http to https by default.

I could not login to the router from my wireless linux/firefox after installing davidc502 r4901 so went to the wired windows 7 connection and unchecked the default redirect. That is located in the Services/uHHTPd/General.

I only allow people using the LAN interface to the router to login so higher security is not needed. EDIT: not sure about this because can't find config setting.

There was a detailed post about solving the certificate problem about a couple of months ago if that is what you really want to do.

(Last edited by beginner67890 on 12 Nov 2017, 14:17)

beginner67890 wrote:
th0r wrote:

I fixed this problem by changing the router settings to not redirect from http to https by default.

I could not login to the router from my wireless linux/firefox after installing davidc502 r4901 so went to the wired windows 7 connection and unchecked the default redirect. That is located in the Services/uHHTPd/General.

I only allow people using the LAN interface to the router to login so higher security is not needed. EDIT: not sure about this because can't find config setting.

There was a detailed post about solving the certificate problem about a couple of months ago if that is what you really want to do.

Bottom line is that HTTPS is done through a self signed certificate, and hence no browser is going to naturally trust it because no CA can vouch for it, and this is normal.

thanks for your builds David.

they beat anything else, from stock to ddwrt.

I know you do this on your own time, much appreciated.

th0r wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
th0r wrote:

I know how to import into any browser. Where do I get  the certificate from? Sorry if I'm a newbie. Love what you do! #respect!

Can download from the browser itself, usually. Check out superuser.com/questions/97201/how-to-save-a-remote-server-ssl-certificate-locally-as-a-file for some tips. Scroll down in answers for Chrome + Firefox instructions.

Sorry, posts 3901 to 3900 are missing from our archive.