OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Bricked tp link wa850re

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

I have flashed OpenWrt on my TP-Link WA850RE and bricked it.

Now I opened the device and connected it to my pc (over serial)
Then I set up a tftp server and downloaded the new OpenWrt firmware.

I used this side for the instructins:
https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/gene … ing.serial

But there says:
DO NOT USE THESE VALUES. FIND OUT THE RIGHT ONES! NO, NOT KIDDING.

Can someone tell me the right values to flash the tp-link over tftp?

This is what I get when I use the command printenv

wasp> printenv                                                                  
bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200 root=31:02 rootfstype=squashfs init=/sbin/init mt)
bootcmd=bootm 0x9f020000                                                        
bootdelay=1                                                                     
baudrate=115200                                                                 
ethaddr=0xba:0xbe:0xfa:0xce:0x08:0x41                                           
ipaddr=192.168.1.111                                                            
serverip=192.168.1.100                                                          
dir=                                                                            
bc=ap123                                                                        
lu=tftp 0x81000000 ${dir}u-boot.bin&&erase 0x9f000000 +$filesize;cp.b $fileaddre
lf=tftp 0x81000000 ${dir}${bc}-squashfs&&erase 0x9f120000 +$filesize;cp.b $filee
stdin=serial                                                                    
stdout=serial                                                                   
stderr=serial                                                                   
ethact=eth0                                                                     

Environment size: 565/65532 bytes                                               
wasp> 

Thanks

Thank you very much.
My Repeater works again.

Thanks

thx you saved me. repeter like new tongue

Can you plz help me too .. I have bricked my TL.WA860RE too ... and I dont know how to make serial or anything .. Can you please guide step by step ? on how to open the repeater and then how to make serial cable etc ? I am a newbie ): I followed the instructions too ? then why did it brick ? ):

Please guide

The discussion might have continued from here.