OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: aMule on WRT1900ACS

The content of this topic has been archived on 4 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all,

this is my first message; some days ago I decided to buy this awesome router and I immediately instlled OpenWRT in it. As you may know, only trunk is available for Shelby architecture and I was installing several packages for enhancing the experience and functionality of the OpenWRT platform.

BTW, I cannot understand how to add, if possible, old packages in this trunk: one of them I would like to use is amule, but I do not figure how to do that. I tried to use tips from this thread:

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=52219

But I have no oldpackages repository for mvebu architecture (at least so it seems to me)

I can also compile by muself the amule package, but I'm quite new to the OpenWRT world, and I'd like to ask you what would be the best procedure to follow

I appreciate any help or hints you could provide me big_smile

matthew_eli wrote:

BTW, I cannot understand how to add, if possible, old packages in this trunk: one of them I would like to use is amule, but I do not figure how to do that. I

1. Uncomment appropriate line in feeds.conf.default
2. Install all packages from new feed by:

./scripts/feeds update oldpackages
./scripts/feeds install -a -p oldpackages

3. mark emule package from

make menuconfig

and save config on exit.
4. compile emule:

make V=s package/emule/compile

Please, refer to Buildroot docs for more details.

Thus I have to do that on a Buildroot environment, I cannot do that in my router directly, right?

Looks like you still didn't read Buildroot docs:(

Hi ryzhov,

I realized I need a Buildroot environment and I followed the guide you have linked me, but I encountered the following error in compiling the amule package for my WRT1900ACS; at a certain point of the make process, I have this output:

./include/wx/debug.h:233:38: note: in expansion of macro 'wxCHECK2_MSG'
 #define wxCHECK_RET(cond, msg)       wxCHECK2_MSG(cond, return, msg)
                                      ^
./include/wx/module.h:71:9: note: in expansion of macro 'wxCHECK_RET'
         wxCHECK_RET( dep, wxT("NULL module dependency") );
         ^
/home/matteo/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_gcc-5.2.0_musl-1.1.12_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.2.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start_c':
/home/matteo/openwrt/build_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_gcc-5.2.0_musl-1.1.12_eabi/musl-1.1.12/crt/crt1.c:17: undefined reference to `main'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [.pch/wxprec_basedll/wx/wxprec.h.gch] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/matteo/openwrt/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.12_eabi/wxGTK-2.8.12'
make[2]: *** [/home/matteo/openwrt/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9+vfpv3_musl-1.1.12_eabi/wxGTK-2.8.12/.built] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/matteo/openwrt/feeds/oldpackages/libs/wxbase'
make[1]: *** [package/feeds/oldpackages/wxbase/compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/matteo/openwrt'
make: *** [package/amule/compile] Errore 2

Could you help me?

Something wrong while compiling wxbase libs with musl-based toolchain.
I'm using uclibc-ng-based toolchain, so I don't know how to fix it, sorry.

Is there a way to change the toolchain in my case? Sorry but I'm quite un-expert with compiling...

I tried to figure how amend the .config file in order to use the uclibc library instead of musl for gcc, but the compiler reported errors; I think this task is beyond my experience, but I keep trying!

The discussion might have continued from here.