OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Linksys WRT1900AC v1 - No Internet - NO WAN IP FROM DHCP

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi All,

I have a bit of a problem and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I just flashed my Linksys WRT1900AC v1 with the latest version of OpenWRT for my model, however I cannot access the internet.  There is no IPv4 Address being assigned by my ISP.

Prior to flashing, I was able to connect without troubles using the linksys firmware.  I'm also able to connect my laptop directly to my ISP's cable modem and get an IP.  (Roger's Canada - My ISP - 300MB Cable)

The other ports seem to be connecting OK.  I'm able to manage the box using SSH and HTTP (Luci).  I am plugged into the WAN port at the back...  smile

I've power-cycled my cable modem numerous times, leaving power out for up to 30 seconds.  I've re-flashed the router with a new copy of the firmware (just in case) and rebooted numerous times.

From the shell, i've used ifup/ifdown wan, still no luck.  Also, I cannot seem to find the system logs (I'm a CentOS/Fedora guy, lol) that would provide me DHCP and ETHERNET information.

I would very much appreciate any help from the forum supporters.   I really don't want to flash back to the Linksys Software.  sad

Thanks. 
J

If there are any logs that you'd like to see, just let me know.  Or the output of any specific command.  For now, I'm off to google search this some more and see if I can find any help through previous forum posts.

smile

The discussion might have continued from here.