Topic: WL-500gP: Enough CPU speed for Samba, ed2k, print server and QoS?
Although I am no linux novice and I believe that the installation should work without problems:
I've never used OpenWRT before and cannot estimate how much CPU power (and other hardware) is needed for the following services (at the same time, of course):
- Serving a samba share by accessing a connected USB 2.0 drive
- Running an ed2k client (like AMule)
- Running a print server (the printer would also be attached by USB) - this feature would not be used often.
- Connecting to the internet via 6016/512 kbit/s DSL
- Performing NAT for the ethernet ports and the WLAN card
- Running a netfilter/iptables firewall
- Performing traffic shaping via QoS
Would an ASUS WL-500g Premium (the hardware table says untested, this thread suggests it works) be sufficient for all that?
I currently have a Siemens SE505 which is obviously unfit for those tasks, so I need to buy a new appliance anyway.
I would appreciate an answer concerning the WL-500gP as well as alternative suggestions for the appliance.
Thanks in advance!