OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Wireless repeater via Luci

The content of this topic has been archived on 1 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I had configured my last router as a wireless repeater using Luci but I'm trying to do the same thing with my new OpenWRT installation and I'm having some trouble.

I had saved the instructions for this as Network > WiFi > Scan and adding an AP to connect to home router. Then going to Network > WiFi > Add > (for configuring ESSID and WPA password for my OpenWRT repeater).

But I've not been able to create a working repeater with the instructions I had saved thus far, can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

to set a Client (repeater) + AP
first, set the AP, SSID, password etc. then scan for networks, select desire, then Click Join network, on next secreen, first line Replace network configuration UNTICK check mark,
http://s21.postimg.org/xtv8b7vs7/LUCI.jpg
subirimagenes
next line write network to join password, go to bottom SUBMIT, on next screen, is just to check you had set the right password, if you need to see it, click the 2 green arrows, SAVE, and SAVE APPLY.
thas all you need to do.

(Last edited by danymarc on 22 Oct 2015, 00:37)

I believe the networks need to be on different IP ranges too

Magnetz wrote:

I believe the networks need to be on different IP ranges too

Yes both in dif subnets

Hi,

I have followed the above guide, change the lan interface  to different ip subnet.  i got the Internet to work on wireless and LAN but getting very bad performance and slow speed compare to factory Firmware. Think of going back to stock firmware. before i do that any tips on improving the speed?
Running TP-Link TL-WA901N/ND v3
Firmware Version    OpenWrt Barrier Breaker 14.07 / LuCI Trunk (0.12+svn-r10530)
Kernel Version    3.10.49

THANKS, it works!

The discussion might have continued from here.