OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TL-WR841N V10 OpenWRT

The content of this topic has been archived between 23 Oct 2016 and 24 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Originally, I wanted my VPN to run on OpenWRT but there are some configuration problems I cannot fix. However, in the process I've compiled several images using the 06-Jan-2016 trunk Image Generator. If anyone finds an image useful, here you go (SHA256 sums):

make image PROFILE=TLWR841 PACKAGES="luci openvpn-polarssl luci-app-openvpn -ppp -ppp-mod-pppoe"

openvpn-openssl will not fit on the device. This is why I used openvpn-polarssl as a replacement.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/20rd64w9ankq1 … y.bin?dl=0
(cbd0100c74aec56b5ee57ccaa090ed3de3bfcbcd676c0e8381cc78eee8afb9ad)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n99ev47x4spw4 … e.bin?dl=0
(7870b5c6ccdb93b8a811a49a57f823dcc2fbd15a416ea9e27302d8459bdfab75)

make image PROFILE=TLWR841 PACKAGES="luci luci-app-sqm -ppp -ppp-mod-pppoe"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lubd2x1tp35xr … y.bin?dl=0
(cecd981ad88a3f01ce16f64e05f026d362fcfb0a85717c3a22fd3cdc4b3ec7d0)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2l8jwqkqtjq6x … e.bin?dl=0
(e3c097c9e4318dfff1cc68ef25087b4258f507e68e3505ec0e238c90683f329f)

make image PROFILE=TLWR841 PACKAGES="luci"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqkcl7vlpvc4x … y.bin?dl=0
(fede1c241204fdb792678baa1fb09ee8246c813e039489c79a2149c049262d46)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbw1emfwq7y7s … e.bin?dl=0
(d407ff359a25009bc617e5764a2ff5cef69825ce559a1f6ba0a216acd5293c3d)

Thanks paul8!

Your images work!
How ever I have troubles with mine.
I remake my images with

... PACKAGES="luci hostapd wpa-supplicant wpa-cli -wpad-mini -ppp -ppp-mod-pppoe"

because other packages in my previous command (1 post before yours) come by default.

But when I flash router with my image I face some problems.
First problem is that when I login to luci interface I stuck on "collecting data" as shown on image.
http://s22.postimg.org/y8644v0bx/Open_Wrt_Problem1.jpg

The second problem is that when I want to browse luci it always reconnect me to login page. When logged again I can continue from previous move.

Any idea what is the cause of my problem?

Edit:
I got it work! I have to change repositories.conf and use trunk links.

(Last edited by mrk09 on 23 Jan 2016, 03:50)

Hi,
Can you tel me method to install "Custom fixed build 2015-11-17.zip"

whith bin file of James42, i have no make and no quilt

thank a lot

(Last edited by duboys.team on 23 Jan 2016, 19:24)

Being rather new to OpenWRT I'm wondering if the '0031-ar71xx-fix-ath79_soc_rev-value-for-QCA9531-ver.-2' or '620-MIPS-ath79-add-support-for-QCA953x-SoC.patch' have already been incorporated in the Trunk SYSUPGRADE images?

Actually, my question is can I just upgrade to the trunk OpenWRT without risking reintroducing the WIFI issues?

As far as I can tell, the patches are already applied in trunk branch (witch is development branch and it's constantly upgraded but also not tested nor stable).

So answer to your question WieMie is:
Yes, you can upgrade the trunk version of OpenWRT without risking reintroducing the WiFi issues.

Hello everybody,
I'm having problems with openvpn. I'm following this guide:

https://blog.ipredator.se/howto/openwrt … enwrt.html

I've followed all the steps but it is not working. Then, if I go to the openvpn section in luci, I get this:

The configuration file could not be loaded due to the following error:
uci: Parse error (invalid character in name field) at line 9, byte 21

That character is a space! I've already tried editing it (in the terminal, so there should not be any problems due to notepad) but I keep getting this error.

Any suggestions?
Thanks a million!

I assume, that you have a typo in your configuration file, most probably near or in line 9.
If it's a variable name, it should not contain any spaces!

(Last edited by mrk09 on 3 Feb 2016, 21:13)

That's the problem, there is no typo, and the space is not inside any variable.
Here is the instructions I was following:

root@wrt01:~# cat >> /etc/config/openvpn << EOF
config openvpn 'IPredator'
    option enabled '1'
    option client '1'
    option dev 'tun1337'
    option proto 'udp'
    list auth_user_pass '/etc/openvpn/IPredator.auth'
    option resolv_retry 'infinite'
    option float '1'
    option persist_key '1'
    option persist_tun '1'
    option ca '/etc/openvpn/IPredator.se.ca.crt'
    option ns_cert_type 'server'
    list tls_auth '/etc/openvpn/IPredator.se.ta.key'

One of the characters that LuCi does not like is (for example) the space between "enabled" and "'1'"...
I don't understand.

how can configure client and ap mode this is firmware? this is very complicated set pls help

Could please someone compile it including wpad package (for wpa enterprise connecting)? I think i don't have required skills to compile myself.
By the way i want also try to compile it if someone please recap needed steps and tools.
Thanks.

"Go back to original firmware" works on 10.x, please update the wiki

• Download original firmware

• Unzip it

• Rename it to orig.bin

• Upload it in /tmp

• Via telnet do: dd if=orig.bin of=tplink.bin skip=257 bs=512

• Via telnet do: sysupgrade /tmp/tplink.bin

Today I received my wr841V10,  I'm a newbie on the openwrt, what is the best version to install, trunk or jamest42´s 15.05?

Hi!

Very new to OpenWRT and I have the exact same "issue" @funnydj has: My use scenario for the TL-WR841N also involves wpad instead of wpad-mini and it turns out that I'm 2kb (!) short of being able to install it on the default image. Is there an easy way for me around this or does it involve building my own image where I'd simply swap wpad-mini with wpad? If necessary I can get my hands dirty, but I'm rather busy atm, so I'd appreciate any input!

Thanks in advance!

NErnst wrote:

Hi!

Very new to OpenWRT and I have the exact same "issue" @funnydj has: My use scenario for the TL-WR841N also involves wpad instead of wpad-mini and it turns out that I'm 2kb (!) short of being able to install it on the default image. Is there an easy way for me around this or does it involve building my own image where I'd simply swap wpad-mini with wpad? If necessary I can get my hands dirty, but I'm rather busy atm, so I'd appreciate any input!

Thanks in advance!

It's quite easy, all you have to do is use imagebuilder and like you said, swap wpad for wpad-mini.

Hi guys, im having issues installing openwrt and coova-chilli in the router. I tried installing coova with luci but it said there wasnt enough disk space, so i made an image with the image builder that already cointained coova.

this is what i did :

make image PROFILE="TLWR841" PACKAGES="coova-chilli kmod-tun -ip6tables -kmod-nf-contrack6 -libip6tc -odhcp6c -ppp -ppp-mod-pppoe"

The thing is, it made the binary file, i flashed it, openwrt works and has coova in it, but im having trouble making it work, i copy the file from /etc/chilli/defaults to /etc/chilli/config and configure everything, then i comment the wireless disable in /etc/config, reboot, then try to start coova (/etc/init.d/ ./chilli start) and it doesnt do anything, no new process, no nothing.

tried just configuring /etc/config/chilli, then enabling wireless and starting chilli, but it throws this error : chillicoova-chilli[1473]: options.c: 181: could not generate configuration (/var/run/chilli.1473.cfg.bin)

Anyone any thoughts on what im doing wrong?

(Last edited by triforce on 12 Apr 2016, 06:37)

Hello everyone,

I use two 841n v10 with the supported system 15.05.1.1 and everything seems to be working at first. But on both routers the WAN Interface is disconnected after about 1.5 hours. Dis- and reconnecting the WAN-Port solves this temporarily. Has anybody else experienced this or has ideas for a possible cause?

Thanks

guys i'm unable to flash properly the stock firmware on my 841nd v10. I did the wiki procedure, but after flashing the removed 'boot' firmaware to the router, when set to 192.168.0.1 on the browser, i get the LUA left top corner reloading as crazy, and not showing me the tplink original interface...should i try to flash the provided tplink orginal 'boot' firmware via tftp? right now i'm usinh openwrt flashed via recovery, usig the 192.168.0.1 as lan adress.

roytam1 wrote:

maybe you should desolder flash clip from PCB, put it on SPI Flash Programmer and dump the flash content wink

Maybe I don't need to. Does the CP command in das u-boot support copying from rom to tftp? In that case your wish can come true. I finally got a serial console cable up to it.

Here's the the thread for the custom viettel tp-link 841n with 8mbit flash not 4 wink I'm going to try and port this variant to openwrt.
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php … 48#p329448

Luke

Jimmy8 wrote:

Since wifidog and other hotspot systems currently do not run  under v10 image I have to come up with my own captive portal. BTW my solution uses encryption and less pinging with the same effects wink

Here a cool untested python wifidog auth server by this guy:

> I put it on github. It's at [/github.com/jimzhong/wifidog-auth

[//jim-think.blogspot.de/2015/11/wifidog-on-openwrt.html (in English)

Hello jimmy did you  have any white paper with instruction on how to have that auth server runing on openwrt?

Hi.
Sorry for my English.

I have 841N v.10.
And i have wifi problems on it with 15.05.1.
So i want to install 15.05  stable version with wifi  fix.

There are too many versions of 15.05 firmware on this forum.))
Wich firmware I need to install?

(Last edited by 9119 on 21 Oct 2016, 11:18)

Yes, what is best fw image for 841N(D) v10?
I have stock FW.

I just got a v10 and installed OpenWrt 15.05.1 on it.
Seems to work good so far.
I'd like to try out the 30db power hack mentioned on the wiki (wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr841nd) but it seems the OpenWrt image with art unlocked isn't available via Google Drive any longer.

Can someone please upload the file again?
thanks in advance!

The discussion might have continued from here.