OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Hootoo HT-TM06 chipset MTK7620

The content of this topic has been archived between 25 Apr 2018 and 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

GREAT.. I just came across this information from a different model TM05, TM06 did not explain this.
Has this changed with new model? Revert firmware to Hootoo ?

Warning!
This section describes actions that might damage your device or firmware. Proceed with care!

From this forum post about the HT-TM06; works on the HT-TM05 as well.

WARNING: We haven't found a way to revert back to HooToo's stock firmware yet! If you follow this process, it's permanent! In order to revert back, you will have to send it in for service. Although HooToo Support has been very gracious with a few people about this, this will void your warranty and HooToo will have no responsibility to replace it.

Make sure you read through the entire list of steps before beginning.

Download this OpenWrt firmware: Link
    Place it in the root of a clean TFTP server running on your computer.
    Rename the image to kernel — be sure there is no file extension, and that there are no other files on the TFTP server.
    Plug the HT-TM05 into your computer via ethernet.
    Set your computer to use 10.10.10.254 as its IP address.
    With your HT-TM05 shut down, hold down the power button until the first white LED lights up.
    Push and hold the reset button and release the power button. Continue holding the reset button for 30 seconds or until it begins searching for files on your TFTP server, whichever comes first.
    The HT-TM05 will look for your computer at 10.10.10.254 and install the kernel file. Once it has finished installation of the kernel file, it will search for a (nonexistent) rootfs file — when it begins searching for this file, shut down the HT-TM05 by holding the power button normally.
    Start up your HT-TM05 normally. When the Wi-Fi indicator turns green, OpenWrt has booted successfully.

OpenWrt uses 192.168.1.1 as the default router IP address, so you will need to switch your computer back to a dynamic IP address, or change your static IP address to 192.168.1.X to configure OpenWrt.
Tags

How to add tags

harvey wrote:

Thank you so much!

I was getting errors at first, but somehow I got the package to upload.

Take care

Latest UPDATE:
And after hours of troubleshooting, I finally got everything working.   Been a very frustrating experience, but I'm very glad it's working.  Thanks to everyone who contributed to the project, and provided assistance in these forums.

UPDATE:
After going into the LAN interface and changing the WooToo's IP address to be 192.168.2.1 and setting the gateway to 192.168.1.1 (my normal router's IP), then connecting as a client to my normal router's wifi, I now have internet connectivity and was able to install DDserver.  I verified it's running in the processes.  However, the problem remains with wifi/interface settings.  If I simply have my client Wifi connection created, the WooToo has internet (as mentioned).  The moment I create the AP wifi connection, I lose internet connection and I can't see the AP SSID to connect to.  If I delete all Wifi connections and first create the AP SSID, I can see it and connect to it from my phone.  Then, when I create the client Wifi connection, I can no longer see the AP SSID, and the client connection isn't working.  I'm sure it's a simple configuration within the bridge/VLAN/interface settings, but I've already messed around a few times and had to reflash the WooToo.  I would like to prevent doing that again if possible.   Also, after installing DDserver, then creating the AP wifi connection, connecting to it from my phone, I figured I should be able to have DslrDashboard work.  Unfortunately when I try to connect using the Network icon in DslrDashboard, it says searching for DDserver, and then that it's not found.  Help.  smile

Were you ultimately successful in getting it to work with DslrDashboard?  That's what I'm trying to do as well.  I have successfully flashed the firmware, but the Wifi settings are very confusing.  Can you tell me how you've configured your Wifi settings?  Maybe provide a screenshot of which interfaces they use?  Did you delete/disable VLAN like mentioned in another post? Then did you install the ddserver from the local file?   If so, how?  I've tried installing from the command line of WinSCP, and getting a bunch of errors. 

I've done a bunch of googling and seem to get further and further down the rabbit hole.  I'm fairly technical but feeling a little lost with this.  I didn't know what I was getting into!  Would love any help you (or anyone else) could provide.

Thanks.

(Last edited by JWoff on 19 Aug 2017, 07:04)

The discussion might have continued from here.