OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: The support for D-LINK DIR-510L - 4000mAh, 2x USB

The content of this topic has been archived between 6 Feb 2018 and 5 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Smodzy25 wrote:

timg11 i'm with you on this one and also ready to support any effort to get OpenWrt running on DIR-510L.

I see there is a lot of information already available on the openwrt website but I wouldn't know where to start. I've put dd-wrt on my home router by following instructions, this seems more trial and error. I don't mind to, if someone can please point me in the right direction on how to start I'll give it a go.

cheers

You can see wiki.openwrt.org/doc/devel/add.new.platform but you need some familiarity with low-level programming.

Hello,

I know this isn't exactly on topic, but I'm not sure where else to post as I can't find any other posts regarding the dir-510 l.  I've had this router for a year or so now and I've loved it but recently I switched it to the USB modem mode within the web ui and saved the setting. It started to reboot and never came back up... and hasn't been usable since.  I've of course tried all the standard reset procedures but nothing seems to work. I can't seem to get mine into recovery mode as was posted earlier in this thread either.  I've set a static IP and plugged directly into it and attempted to reset it but I can't get it to respond to anything.  The power light remains orange and nothing ever happens... can't ping or access the webui to do anything.  Is there any way I can reset this/ flash a stock firmware over the ethernet port, or am I going to have to do someting more involved? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it seems I've somehow bricked the device.

(Last edited by aeichberger on 21 Mar 2017, 19:21)

Sorry, posts 28 to 50 are missing from our archive.