OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: How to stop DDoS with openwrt any plugins to stop it ?

The content of this topic has been archived on 17 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Someone is DDoSing my game server please help. Blocking the ip isn't enough there are many players who got banned for hack and they are DDoSing my home hosted cod4 game server with DDoS booter. Any plugin for ddos ?

dont host that stuff at home, not much you can do against DDoSing, your bandwidth cant handle it.

be sure to read up on how DDoS works, then you will understand its not a router adon you need, but alot more bandwidth and expensive equipment to counter a dos

No ddos can be stopped ....another router I have that is connected by another isp and used for WiFi. It can stop ddos by its own TP-Link firmware. If the router detects any ip is over the value then the router auto blocks it and ip added to block list.............
See this image http://i.imgur.com/MvKGpCE.png

(Last edited by M@TR!X on 29 May 2015, 17:26)

yea but still tre traffic from that ddos will go to your router, the router will just drop it, but it will saturate you bandwidth.

For a small time but no big deal it wont stress my router.

Anyone ? Just please please make something that can limit (clients from the internet each) bandwidth and max incoming and sending packets

(Last edited by M@TR!X on 29 May 2015, 20:47)

Most DDOS can not be stopped. It doesn't matter what you have on your router, because most DDOS is about stuffing your pipe until nothing can get through.

The only answer is to have a enterprise level DDOS protection, where your ISP (or other service provider) dumps the packets before it ever gets to you.

Oh yeah, by the way, most Enterprise level DDOS is many thousands of dollars per month smile  Thought you should know before you made the call. lol

The discussion might have continued from here.