OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Strange wifi behaviour

The content of this topic has been archived on 21 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

I have the fallowing wireless config in /etc/config/wireless

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /etc/config/wireless 

config wifi-device 'radio0'
    option type 'mac80211'
    option country 'KR'
    option path 'platform/ar933x_wmac'
    option htmode 'HT20'
    list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-20'
    list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-40'
    list ht_capab 'RX-STBC1'
    list ht_capab 'DSSS_CCK-40'
    option disabled '0'
    option txpower '18'
    option hwmode '11g'
    option channel '9'

config wifi-iface
    option network 'wwan'
    option device 'radio0'
    option mode 'sta'
    option key 'oparolarandom'
    option encryption 'psk2'
    option bssid '64:66:B3:59:14:C4'
    option disabled '0'
    option ssid 'TP-LINK_boil'

config wifi-iface
    option device 'radio0'
    option mode 'ap'
    option encryption 'none'
    option ssid 'WIDIMM_blabla'
    option network 'lan'

It works fine, I'm connected to my AP and I have another wifi AP named WIDIMM_blabla.
If I try to connect to a non-existing wifi by replacing TP-LINK_boil with a random string sequence, I'm disconnected from my previous network which is correct. The odd thing is that now WIDIMM_blabla is not available anymore while it tries to join the other non-existing wifi. If I set disabled to 1 for the STA interface, then the WIDIMM_blabla becomes visible again. If I join my TP-LINK_boil network again, WIDIMM_blabla becomes visible after it manages to connect to the AP.

Why is my WIDIMM_blabla AP not visible anymore while I try to connect to a network that doesn't exist ? Is there a way to prevent this ?

Thanks

Just a suggestion: what happends if you put them in a different order?  I'm not sure but maybe they not executed parallel or continues if one fails.

The discussion might have continued from here.