OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Will Donate EnGenis ESR-1200 For OpenWrt Development...

The content of this topic has been archived on 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have a couple of these lying around and would like to donate one for development, the 5Ghz radio will drop every so often these are known for that and do not know if it is software (which is garbage) or hardware. I tried to google OpenWrt on ESR1200 and could not find anything on these.
Thanks!
These are almost new. Please PM me I can send one out no charge.

Hello, have you seen this wiki

The HW may be similar

Maybe a bootlog needed to confirm

(Last edited by elektroman on 29 Apr 2015, 17:42)

johnpdain wrote:

I have a couple of these lying around and would like to donate one for development, the 5Ghz radio will drop every so often these are known for that and do not know if it is software (which is garbage) or hardware. I tried to google OpenWrt on ESR1200 and could not find anything on these.
Thanks!

Looks like the ESR1750 is already supported
https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/41626

The ESR1200 might be similar. It's probably a better idea to offer this device in the openwrt-dev mailing list. The official maintainer of this platform (Gabor Juhos) might be interested in this particular device.

openwrt-devel@lists.openwrt.org (subscription is required to send mails)

Of course I'm interested, but I only added support for brcm63xx devices. This platform is new to me.
Regards.

Also notice PM are disabled in this forum, and you didn't set an email to send messages.

(Last edited by danitool on 29 Apr 2015, 19:32)

danitool wrote:
johnpdain wrote:

Thanks!

Looks like the ESR1750 is already supported
https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/41626

The ESR1200 might be similar. It's probably a better idea to offer this device in the openwrt-dev mailing list. The official maintainer of this platform (Gabor Juhos) might be interested in this particular device.

openwrt-devel@lists.openwrt.org (subscription is required to send mails)

Of course I'm interested, but I only added support for brcm63xx devices. This platform is new to me.
Regards.

Also notice PM are disabled in this forum, and you didn't set an email to send messages.

I will send an email to get info. Its just sitting in a USPS bag ready to ship.

The SoC is a QCA9557 whereas the ESR1750 has a QCA9558. Since it seems both are using the same bootloader, probably it can also be supported without much effort.

These are some known QCA9558 based routers
http://wiki.openwrt.org/tag/qca9558?do= … ag=qca9558

I'm unable to connect via tftp... Is it a server or a client? port #?

I got openwrt on the esr-1200 using the firmware for the esr-1750, but it is not turning on the 5g radio... any ideas?
I have connected to the com port on the router and ethernet port 4, I used the upgrade firmware option from the stock firmware.

The discussion might have continued from here.