OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: tl-wa854re openwrt firmware?

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi, im having some issues with my tl-wa854re, the internet connection is always failing, it says its connected to the repeater, but I still dont have any internet, so one of my friend sugested me to install a custom firmware since he had the same issues im having but the device he has is tl-wa850re. Ive been searching for days for a compatible firmware, and all i get is the 18005 error (Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.) http://gyazo.com/3d19f804c152c66d0b6d09d418a8a3a8 . On a good day i have like 30 mins of internet, usually I have none, so I simply go to my college to use their internet. If someone could help me id appreciate alot. Thanks.

I had similar issues with few different routers, finally decided to sell all that didn't work correctly with OpenWrt. Now I use TP-LINK WDR3600 and have no problems. This router saved me lot of headache and time that I lost on others that I had to troubleshoot. My suggestion is that you do the same.

The discussion might have continued from here.