OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: (solved) AA WDR4310 internet speed issue

The content of this topic has been archived on 31 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi guys,

just now I moved in a new apartment. The internet is connected via PPPoE. I got a TP-Link WR846N with original Chinese firmware
当前软件版本:    
4.17.12 Build 110705 Rel.36821n
当前硬件版本:    
WR846N 1.0 00000000

With this router I can get a download speed from about 3mb/s.
When I connect my WDR4310 with AA I only get a speed up to 500kb/s. I already checked the CPU load. There's almost no load.

I tried wifi and cable connection to both router. It doesn't make a difference so I think it shouldn't be related to my laptop.

In the WR846N I cannot set up a lot of items.
In the WDR4310 I already tried to decrease the MTU value (from 1500 to 1492 to 1460). It doesn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks alot!

Georg

(Last edited by FuLgOrE on 28 Aug 2015, 07:58)

No any ideas?

Dear all,

today I tried it again. Same result.
Now I connected the WR856N with original firmware to the internet and used one of its lan port to connect to the wan port of my WDR4310 with openwrt AA firmware. I set up DMZ.
It's the same result. Due to an unkown reason my WDR4310 or it's openwrt firmware reduces the internet speed. to 500kb/s.

Any ideas how to fix it?
Would BB or CC improve it?

I have no openwrt backup router here for trying and I don't want to loose all my settings (guest network, vpn, ...) so I only want to flash if it's necessary.

Thank you in advance!

Georg

EDIT:
Just for your information. I'm in China. My father uses the same router with AA. He has no problems with it. The configuration is more or less the same. I have absolutely no idea how to fix it. Please help me.

(Last edited by FuLgOrE on 27 Aug 2015, 05:22)

FuLgOrE wrote:

Dear all,

today I tried it again. Same result.
Now I connected the WR856N with original firmware to the internet and used one of its lan port to connect to the wan port of my WDR4310 with openwrt AA firmware. I set up DMZ.
It's the same result. Due to an unkown reason my WDR4310 or it's openwrt firmware reduces the internet speed. to 500kb/s.

Any ideas how to fix it?
Would BB or CC improve it?

I have no openwrt backup router here for trying and I don't want to loose all my settings (guest network, vpn, ...) so I only want to flash if it's necessary.

Thank you in advance!

Georg

EDIT:
Just for your information. I'm in China. My father uses the same router with AA. He has no problems with it. The configuration is more or less the same. I have absolutely no idea how to fix it. Please help me.

Probably A silly idea, but have you checked whether qos-scripts were enabled on the WDR4310 in the past? May the evice is set to cap traffic at 500Kbps... The output of "tc -d qdisc" and "tc -d class show dev wan" (the interface name of the uplink interface) should reveal any leftover traffic shaping settings.

Best Regards
        M.

Dear moeller0,

you were absolutely right. Some QoS-scripts were limiting my speed. Thank you very much for you idea!!

Georg

The discussion might have continued from here.