OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: adhoc mode in MT7620n SoC

The content of this topic has been archived on 31 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Dear All

I'm sorry if I ask a stupid question. Is mt7620n Soc support adhoc mode? coz I have tiny router with MT7620n SoC and I configure for adhoc mode but It says "wireless maybe disable or Not Associated". in other words, adhoc mode not working? any advice for me?

Thanks for read and reply my question

Best regards

Use the iw command to see driver and hardware capabilities.  Luci may say that because it doesn't recognize the mode (also realize in adhoc mode, you never associate with any specific station).  You probably need to configure directly by editing /etc/config/wireless.

mk24 wrote:

Use the iw command to see driver and hardware capabilities.  Luci may say that because it doesn't recognize the mode (also realize in adhoc mode, you never associate with any specific station).  You probably need to configure directly by editing /etc/config/wireless.

Thanks for relpy...

I configure directly by editing /etc/config/wireless as same as when i configure my mr3020 for create mesh-adhoc. Any specific config for this chip ? Actually mr3020 adn wt3020 has a different SoC. thanks for advice

mk24 wrote:

thanks for your reply, this result after use iwinfo in my wt3020

oot@OpenWrt:/etc/config# iwinfo
wlan0     ESSID: unknown
          Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
          Mode: Ad-Hoc  Channel: unknown (unknown)
          Tx-Power: 27 dBm  Link Quality: unknown/70
          Signal: unknown  Noise: unknown
          Bit Rate: unknown
          Encryption: unknown
          Type: nl80211  HW Mode(s): 802.11bgn
          Hardware: unknown [Generic MAC80211]
          TX power offset: unknown
          Frequency offset: unknown
          Supports VAPs: yes  PHY name: phy0

wlan0-1   ESSID: "WT3020"
          Access Point: 20:28:18:A0:AA:07
          Mode: Master  Channel: 11 (2.462 GHz)
          Tx-Power: 27 dBm  Link Quality: unknown/70
          Signal: unknown  Noise: unknown
          Bit Rate: unknown
          Encryption: none
          Type: nl80211  HW Mode(s): 802.11bgn
          Hardware: unknown [Generic MAC80211]
          TX power offset: unknown
          Frequency offset: unknown
          Supports VAPs: yes  PHY name: phy0

why adhoc interface not running ?

Just for info, I tested the adhoc wifi interface on a MT7620 based GliNet MT300A mini router.

The adhoc interface appears to run ok if that is the only interface that is configured.

If you try to run adhoc and ap interfaces at the same time, the adhoc interface will not run.
This combination is indicated in the iw info command output for this device as not being supported.
(It works fine on other devices like Atheros chips.)

I tried to use the adhoc interface (running alone) with batman-adv for mesh networking, but it would not operate at all.

Which may indicate that the adhoc interface implementation is not quite there...

T

The discussion might have continued from here.