OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Netgear DGND3700v2

The content of this topic has been archived on 4 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Unfortunately I own this adsl modem + router that at the moment is not supported, but I think that it has some good features witch I'd like to use with openwrt (2 x usb2.0 port, dual band n600 wi-fi). If it is possible I'd like to help with the development... How should I  proceed?

1) First of all I'm asking if my whish to have an openwrt support for Netgear DGND3700v2 is a doable task or if it will remain only a dream;

2) if it is a doable task, I guess I need a backup of the original firmware + settings so that I can reset if I brick the router (What tool do I need for that?);

3) Then I think I need some tool to flash openwrt into the DGND3700v2 (What tool do I need for that?);

4) If I understand correctly, at the moment there is a problem with adsl modem driver,  isn't it?

5) Who I have to contact in order to collaborate?

hope to hear some good news... Thanks.

It's possible OpenWRT for this router. The main problem is the NAND flash, there are drivers under the GPL license but still not ported to OpenWrt.  I guess it will eventually supported.

A backup is always a good idea of course.

Tool for flashing. I don't know this particular platform bcm6362, but most bcm63xx based routers comes with a foolprof flashing web interface. In any case a serial console is always very useful for flashing and watching what's going on.

ADSL isn't supported in bcm63xx and never will.

The best help for this router would be to port the NAND driver to OpenWrt.

Also the both wifis are integrated/onboard broadcoms, aren't them?. Not the best support under linux, probably only B/G mode. 

I guess at this point you are thinking it isn't worth it. Broadcom stuff isn't GPL friendly.

Thanks for the quick reply, yes actually I'm thinking that I did a bad thing when I bought that piece of hardware if I can't have ADSL with Openwrt... probably I'll sell it on ebay and buy something supported by Openwrt.

Sorry to revive a post this old, but I found this router at a local Salvation Army for $5. Yes, $5!

All is working fine with the manufacture firmware, and setup works fine over Comcast. USB storage is detected fine. I have backed up those settings. However, I would love to get OpenWRT on this device. I find the manufacture firmware/interface to be clunky.

I would love to have openwrt to have ssh access on this device! Any chance this could happen? I don't care if the ADSL port works or not. The ADSL port is useless to me.  I just care about the Lan ports, WAN, and WiFi.

(Last edited by kgoerbig on 6 Oct 2015, 23:55)

The discussion might have continued from here.