OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Netem on OpenWrt Attitude 12.9

The content of this topic has been archived on 3 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I'm new to all this but basically trying to add latency to simulate a online game when playing over LAN..

I've installed a kmod-netem package on the router but I keep getting an error saying "RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory" when trying to run the command to add latency, I'm very tech savvy but I'm not too great with OpenWrt, I've got the Alfa AP121u Router and as far as I am aware the Attitude 12.9 is the only version that works with it but I cannot find much about how to get netem working on this version.

Will I need to buy a different router to get this going or is it possible? I see that I have iptables installed but I think I may need iptables2? But I cannot find an install command that seems to work for that and its not in the list through the router GUI.

Any help or advise will be appreciated I hate to ask general questions like this but I have spent a few hours of my weekend begrudgingly looking around on the web to no avail so even a pointer to a good TUT on it would be appreciated but nothing I have found/tried has worked so far.

If anyone wants to make a couple dollars I am happy to donate if someone is willing to show me over a remote connection or skype or something too (I hate to sound like a sponge!)

Thanks for any advise!

Dave

anyone able to refine my understanding? A link to something relevant or a reassuring confirmation its possible with my current hardware?

Can anyone tell me if its possible?

The discussion might have continued from here.