OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: apcupsd package

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi guys,

Do you know anything about apcupsd package? It is only in old packages, meanwhile there is a new version is out.

How can I get it openwrt package list to download? Is it possible to compile for BB14.07 final?
Sorry, I am not an expert in this area.

Thanks.

Guys,

Who are the package maintainers?

I would like apsupsd to be included in daily build. Developers from the project said that package maintainers of openwrt should include their source code as it is free to download.

"..We can't "push" our source code on anyone. It is freely available for download. You need to ask the OpenWRT guys to please update to the latest version of the source..."

Could you please help?

I try to take care of apcupsd. I just made a pull request yesterday. Once it's committed it will be part of the daily build. To keep it simple I just adopted the old sources and upgraded to the newest release. My tests show it will run with device net together with my other apcupsd in place running on Linux.

Once it's available you make run your own tests and tell me if it needs improvements.

tru wrote:

I try to take care of apcupsd. I just made a pull request yesterday. Once it's committed it will be part of the daily build. To keep it simple I just adopted the old sources and upgraded to the newest release. My tests show it will run with device net together with my other apcupsd in place running on Linux.

Once it's available you make run your own tests and tell me if it needs improvements.

Hi Tru!
Thank you very much!!!! Please let me know if I can test it!

I'm still a beginner regarding package maintenance so I needed some extra time but it's now part of the daily build in trunk showing up eventually for the different archs. You may use it from there (probably only on a trunk firmware) or you may build it yourself for BB using the feed from https://github.com/openwrt/packages/tre … t/apcupsd.
I only copied over the old scripts and config files and just referenced the new upstream version. Please take a look specifically for USB which I did not test yet. I guess I'll work over it anyway so please submit possible improvements. You find my address in the Makefile.

tru wrote:

I'm still a beginner regarding package maintenance so I needed some extra time but it's now part of the daily build in trunk showing up eventually for the different archs. You may use it from there (probably only on a trunk firmware) or you may build it yourself for BB using the feed from https://github.com/openwrt/packages/tre … t/apcupsd.
I only copied over the old scripts and config files and just referenced the new upstream version. Please take a look specifically for USB which I did not test yet. I guess I'll work over it anyway so please submit possible improvements. You find my address in the Makefile.

Hi tru,
Thank you for your help. I will check it as soon as the package is ready to install in daily snapshot build.

The discussion might have continued from here.