OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Support for TP-Link Archer C2600

The content of this topic has been archived between 29 Mar 2018 and 6 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Im new to this OpenWRT. How can i flash the firmware back to stock?
Its currently on: LEDE Reboot SNAPSHOT r2607-e5e98d5 / LuCI Master (git-16.355.55330-6456d46)

I keep getting the error message: "The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform."

(Last edited by McLaren__F1 on 7 Jan 2017, 02:00)

McLaren__F1 wrote:

Im new to this OpenWRT. How can i flash the firmware back to stock?
Its currently on: LEDE Reboot SNAPSHOT r2607-e5e98d5 / LuCI Master (git-16.355.55330-6456d46)

I keep getting the error message: "The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform."

You can't directly flash back to stock from openWRT/LEDE on this router. You have to do the TFTP recovery method -- https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tp … r_c2600_v1 start at "OEM installation using the TFTP method"

Hi all,

I just got an Archer C2600 v1.1 and I'd like to flash OpenWrt or LEDE from the web admin app if possible.  I'd also like for the OpenWrt or LEDE web interface (LuCI) to be part of the new firmware package by default.

From reading some posts here, it looks like LEDE is the way to go for v1.1 of the router?  Should I download the LEDE firmware from the official project site or use a custom (newer?) build from this thread?

The main reason I want to load 3rd party firmware is to enable OpenVPN on the router.
Is it possible to configure LEDE to use OpenVPN for only one of the modems/frequencies (e.g. 5ghz)?  Or do I need two wireless routers to have both VPN and non-VPN wireless internet options?

Thanks!

I could use some help, I downloaded: lede-ipq806x-C2600-squashfs-factory
and flashed it onto my router.

Now when I go to connect to the router via 192.168.1.1 with my laptop hooked up via ethernet to Lan 1 the page keeps timing out and I can't get to the router configuration page. I also tried to access the page by connecting to the LEDE SSID the router is broadcasting, but nothing.

I'm not sure what I am missing or doing wrong so any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is no dhcp so you have to assign your laptop interface an ip in the range 192.168.1.x

(Last edited by Bluenote on 20 Jan 2017, 04:51)

@Malignant.Tardigrade Try SSH. Currently LEDE builds doesn have LuCI web interface.

Bluenote wrote:

There is no dhcp so you have to assign your laptop interface an ip in the range 192.168.1.x

Unless there is a new bug, DHCP is enabled by default. However, LuCI is not, and has to be installed manually on dev builds.

If LEDE follows openWRT release standards, the release version will have it installed and enabled by default.

Hi all,
I've tried flashing my tp-link archer c2600 v1 using latest openwrt-ipq806x-C2600-squashfs-factory.bin but I must have done something wrong as since then it seems I have bricked it!  At boot all lights gets on then all goes off, no connectivity to any of the ports (1-4 and wan).

Tried the recovery methond, from my linux laptop I've tried the unbrick method using:
ip addr add 192.168.0.66/24 dev eth0
ip link set eth0 up

And having an atftpd server running (and tested!):
tftp> connect 192.168.0.66
tftp> get ArcherC2600_1.0_tp_recovery.bin
Received 18520990 bytes in 1.2 seconds

Copied over the latest tplink firmware as ArcherC2600_1.0_tp_recovery.bin (also tried openwrt).

But nothing!  syslog does not capture anything from tftp (except myself testing it).

Tried arpwatch using:
arpwatch -i eth0

but nothing comes up in the my logs...
note that I've also tried 192.168.1.66 and 192.166.2.66.

tips/help would be greatly appreciated!!

(Last edited by th0ma7 on 22 Jan 2017, 05:51)

I heard C2600 will be EOL.. which is quite sad if true.
Heinz can you comment on this since you seem to be related to polish tplink distributor?

Also, do you know about Archer C2300 introduced at CES2017? Is it based on qualcomm or broadcom?

Thanks

james04 wrote:

I heard C2600 will be EOL.. which is quite sad if true.
Heinz can you comment on this since you seem to be related to polish tplink distributor?

Also, do you know about Archer C2300 introduced at CES2017? Is it based on qualcomm or broadcom?

Thanks

It wouldn't be a surprise -- it's about 1.25 years old now, and they are always releasing new models.

Thinking of buying this router, any stable LEDE build for it?  Tia

Heinz wrote:

Check or disable firewall.
WPS led blinking when You start recovery?
Recovery takes ~5minutes
First boot openwrt/lede take ~4minutes

Try this firmware: http://dl.eko.one.pl/luci/lede/snapshot … x/generic/
It have LuCI preinstalled

I finally got things working out: it ended-up that the ethernet port on my laptop is broken *sigh* ... I hadn't noticed and was also connected on WI-FI...  I finally noticed it when I connected both my laptop & the TP-Link Archer C2600 "bricked" router on a dummy netgear switch... while the router had no system leds lighted up (all black), its connectivity to the dummy netgear switch showed as UP... To the contrary my laptop refused to get it's interface up what ever I ended-up trying (not counting that booting in windows ended-up updating my system and screwing-up my grub which I had to recover... 2x *sigh*).

Until the manufacturer repairs it I've bought a USB ethernet adapter and BANG! It all worked like expected using Linux!  Holding reset for 10-15 seconds while powering up started a TFTP connection and worked just fine.

Thnx for the LEED build, it works like a charm!  It comes up with a lot of pre-installed packages which I didn't really needed as this is for an access point and I'm a uci command user but it's quite convenient.  On the other hand it's a 32MB flash so why bother wink

Thnx again!

apvm wrote:

Thinking of buying this router, any stable LEDE build for it?  Tia

Overall, LEDE is working quite well. In my signature, you can see all the pending issues. If you can find a v1.0 router, you're currently better off as the v1.1 has a reboot issue with a known fix (as far as I can tell, not integrated into LEDE but into Heinz' builds). Dissent1 has made a patch for it, but I didn't see a specific PR for it come across, so I don't know if he ever actually put it in under another one.

Otherwise, all major functionality is working.

In latest builds, issues with random MAC Addresses for WLAN return... :-(
Tested on r3076

Is that possible to optimise LEDE build for better NAT performance? Less powerful routers with optimised builds work much faster.

Maybe there is some easy fix which I could perform by myself?

Thanks

Anyone here using Heinz's build, how is it?  Looks like he is the only one doing community build.

apvm wrote:

Anyone here using Heinz's build, how is it?  Looks like he is the only one doing community build.

Where is it?

This is @obsy build, but I prefer and recommend it:
With LuCI and some other packages:

http://dl.eko.one.pl/luci/lede/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/

"Clean":

http://dl.eko.one.pl/lede/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/

james04 wrote:

I dont know about EOL C2600.

I think Archer C2300 is Broadcom based router.
Look on internal photo: https://fccid.io/document.php?id=3268522

ps. Im not tplink distributor.

Can I tell if it is a ver 1.0 or ver 1.1 from the box?  Planning to buy one.

apvm wrote:

On the bottom of the box my C2600 came in there is a small sticker (½ x 1½ inches) that says "Model: Archer C2600 Ver. 1.1"; the same sticker also mentions the serial number (S/N) and product number (P/N).

So in my case, the answer is yes. :-)

Heinz wrote:

This is @obsy build, but I prefer and recommend it:
With LuCI and some other packages:

http://dl.eko.one.pl/luci/lede/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/

"Clean":

http://dl.eko.one.pl/lede/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/

james04 wrote:

I dont know about EOL C2600.

I think Archer C2300 is Broadcom based router.
Look on internal photo: https://fccid.io/document.php?id=3268522

ps. Im not tplink distributor.

Oh no sad
Now for high end router (ARM CPU), they only have that Talon AD7200 router which has silly shape, non-removable antennas and very high price.. when its actually exactly C2600+60Ghz radio.

Always when support for a device gets nice, they stop making it.. If anyone can get this info to TPLink.. sigh

Heinz wrote:

Update to build: r2220+24

LuCI
wget-full
usbstorage+fs
block-mount
fix reboot issue

Is there a reason that the 30DB patch is not included in this version???

jhertel wrote:
apvm wrote:

On the bottom of the box my C2600 came in there is a small sticker (½ x 1½ inches) that says "Model: Archer C2600 Ver. 1.1"; the same sticker also mentions the serial number (S/N) and product number (P/N).

None of them here has that sticker but since the reboot issue with v1.1 is fixed.  It does not matter now.  Thanks.

apvm wrote:
jhertel wrote:
apvm wrote:

None of them here has that sticker but since the reboot issue with v1.1 is fixed.  It does not matter now.  Thanks.

Unless someone has tested it, the reboot issue is still there in trunk/17.01. I haven't been able to confirm that it's been taken care of outside of Heinz's build.

Sorry, posts 1076 to 1075 are missing from our archive.