OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Documentation Wiki Between Nov 5 and Nov 28

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

What happened to Wiki changes made between Nov 5 and Nov 28? I spent some time improving WPA Enterprise RADIUS documentation about Nov 15 which I can't find any trace of. Looking at the recent changes log for the site http://wiki.openwrt.org/start?do=recent shows no changes at all to any wiki pages between Nov 5 and Nov 28. I find that a bit suspicious.

It looks like it has gotten an upgrade. Maybe that was done based on a snapshot made before you made your edits...

Yes, it looked that way to me as well. I just find it a bit odd. I can't be the only person who edited over those 23 days...

Bummer, I would have totally read up on Radius (especially if it meant using freeradius2 package) integration with OpenWRT.

I've tried to follow some guide I found online posted back in 2012, but while I could indeed authenticate to the router thru radio1 it gave me great deal of issues with my other wired and wireless clients (connected to radio0). To a point where even with freeradius2 removed and wapd-mini reinstalled and wapd removed I was still having connectivity/routing issues.

I have been doing several OpenWRT RADIUS deployments, even with dynamic (per-user) VLAN assignment though I'm using an off-router RADIUS server in all cases. The page so far had only referenced a setup using an off-router FreeRADIUS server and did not mention dynamic vlans (yet). Not to despair, I'll get it re-wrtitten and back up there eventually, probably will be a couple of months before I can get to it though.

Eventually I do want to document how you can do it all on the router including the RADIUS server and dynamic VLAN assignment (so you can have a separate guest network on the same SSID for instance).

Well, FWIW, freeradius2 portion worked quite well. I've tried it with the text file for users/passwords (for some reason I couldn't get it to pick up hashed passwords from OS) and I could authenticate both when testing with radclient and then when connecting over wifi.

The routing was an issue tho, so your write up would have helped tremendously.

(Last edited by stangri on 1 Dec 2014, 03:57)

Like I said, it will probably be a while until I can get the documentation done again but if you create a new thread with some more specific details on your routing problems (what specifically was and was not working) and post a link to the other thread here so I don't loose sight of it I'll try to get you on the right path.

Hi, I also encounter this problem, too.
I try to translate "package" item in our language on Nov.24.
And there is nothing left when I want to continue translation today, even no record shows in the item history.

Everything is gone, like it never happen that day.

Finally, I saw a cache page on google, so I am sure I am not dreaming.

sad

Hm, the wiki instances where supposed to share the same storage. Are the changes indeed lost or are they just missing in the changelog? I can make a tarball of all affected files in that timeframe so that we can retrive the wiki markup - would that help?

In any case I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I edited several router wiki pages to point to BB final instead of trunk and some were lost. I don't remember specifically which ones unfortunately and have just been changing them back as I notice them.

jow, the changes are indeed lost as well. If you can create a tarball so we can extract the data we'd appreciate that!

See http://luci.subsignal.org/~jow/modified-pages.tar.bz2 - I replaced the IP addresses in the changelogs with "0.0.0.0" for pivacy reasons. The list of affected files was compiled with "find data/ -mmin -$((60*24*28)) -type f" - let me know if more is missing.

jow, are You going to merge changes back to wiki or should everyone to it by them self?

(Last edited by silverk on 7 Dec 2014, 14:05)

I merged back my changes by hand. I don't think there's a way to do it automatically because the pages could have been modified between the time the upgrade took place and now so both the live wiki and this backup could have changed.

(Last edited by BenFranske on 7 Dec 2014, 22:18)

The discussion might have continued from here.