OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Can't locate "log" folder in <buildroot>

The content of this topic has been archived on 12 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Greetings guys!

I'm fairly new to Linux and Openwrt. I've successfully compiled packages using "make", using ">>./build.log" to save log files. But I find it difficlut to locate problems going through 20m log file.

I read documents saying there's a "log" folder under <buildroot>. I can't find it after successful compiling.

What I want is to generate seperate logs for every package, similar to the link:
    follewed:https://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07/logs/ar71xx/nand/

Another question:
I ran into lots of warnings such as:

libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /usr/lib'
    aclocal.m4:17: warning: this file was generated for autoconf 2.69.
    WARNING: skipping openssh-moduli -- package not selected
    src/mkcasfw.c:621:3: warning: too many arguments for format [-Wformat-extra-args]

Are these warnings OK? I don't need packages such as "openssh-modul" though.

Any help is appreciated. It's quite amazing to discover such a beautiful world of OpenWRT and Linux programming!

(Last edited by tuochenlyu on 22 Nov 2014, 15:00)

make menuconfig has "Advanced configuration options" -> "Enable log files during build process"
( CONFIG_BUILD_LOG=y )

then you will have log files per package making analyzing error/warning in logs easier

libtool/aclocal.m4 are are probably some autotools warnings - normally these can be ignored
fixing autotools can get very complicated because of compatibility / portability issues and versioning

WARNING: skipping openssh-moduli -- package not selected
if you did make package/openssh/compile it tries to make all subtargets there (see call ... in Makefile) however your .config has the subtarget openssh-moduli disabled ... (because you did not select it in menuconfig or enable the config symbol)

src/mkcasfw.c:621:3: warning: too many arguments for format [-Wformat-extra-args]

simple error can be ignored - you print 4 variables but you have 5 or more format strings (that determine how variables are printed in C)

@zloop

Thank you, all those questions clearly answered, now I can look through logs to understand what is actually happening. 3k lines of warnings during first compile with only devices module selected, but doesn't seem to interrupt the process.
You've been really helpful big_smile

The discussion might have continued from here.