OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: P-2812HNU-FX: getting OpenWrt installed

The content of this topic has been archived between 6 Jun 2015 and 5 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Port was physically dead. Somewhere in this thread You will find images with separate WAN port and they will probably fix Your issue or You can try building them by yourself, problems that mostly occurs on Lantiq devices are related to switch driver.

So I thought about this a little and I might salvage this router if I can use it as a repeater (can anyone confirm its possible on this? I know it can make multiple network broadcasts so I assume it might), as I decided the ASUS one is definetly best as main. The Telenor-branded software made wi-fi behave quite unstable and I suspect that there might be files missing due to the bootlog after the storage got wiped when I had an outage. No matter how much I did it's been living its own life, maybe its damaged? I hope not, as long as it is stable at times it should be okay. It would also be interesting if I could get the SIP functionality to work, but  as the wiki states "WIP    VR9 based devices needs some work."

In the wiki its written about compiling from trunk and flashing but if I'm not mistaken the smartest thing to do would be to grab your pre-built packages at https://github.com/ScApi/P2812HNUFx-Pre … %20OpenWRT (wiki states trunk r43988)? And use those when i flash (as I would need to get those bootloaders anyway and it already contains wi-fi fix). I can just use it on the same firmware for how long the device lives but you never know if something important such as Hearthbleed ever show up, assuming that they never will be updated since your device got broken and its custom?

(Last edited by courfazor on 7 Aug 2015, 20:32)

As I wrote earlier, I can and will update OpenWRT images but I cannot test them fully (Ded LAN and VDSL part). U-Boot is out of my reach so everything that I made wont be updated. SIP part needs some patching and fixing in VPE part and i don't know how if I'm capable to do it (currently it breaks WiFi if activated)

scapi wrote:

As I wrote earlier, I can and will update OpenWRT images but I cannot test them fully (Ded LAN and VDSL part). U-Boot is out of my reach so everything that I made wont be updated. SIP part needs some patching and fixing in VPE part and i don't know how if I'm capable to do it (currently it breaks WiFi if activated)

So I installed from your github pre-compiled release following: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/zyxel/p2812hnu-f3 w/o moving anything else in (asumming your EEPROM came with it)
During the process when I was supposed to format openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-P2812HNUF3-squashfs-ubinized.bin onto /dev/mtd4 it did not let me detach it nor did it show up in "mount", but it did let me format on /dev/mtd4 so I assume all went right(I might have done something while I exit the shell about four times since I had some SCP issues)

On boot all ligths are on for about 5 secs, then when the power light comes on its green but a red light is slightly blinking while the green is on in the background. After it boots the light turns red only (or both are on), I disabled power2 in the LED controls and now it only blinks red when it starts and is green after boot. I wonder if this is normal behaviour or perhaps I did something wrong? Either way it seems to be working I just never had routers blinking red without any particular reason except something wrong in the past smile

Edit: I have been trying to get the internet connection up and running for a while now without success. I'm not used to running OpenWRT and the closest I've been is DD-WRT on an ASUS router. Either way there were a few things I noticed.
When I connect the WAN port I get this message:

Sun Apr 26 15:01:58 2015 kern.info kernel: [  106.100000] eth0: port 5 got link

The WAN light becomes green but as its on eth0 no other interface comes up in ifconfig (lo, eth0, eth0.1, br-lan is up) and according to the panel nas0 which I assume is supposed to be the WAN port? does not appear as up and no MAC is even assigned: http://imgur.com/a/ddO5E
While I was at it I changed WAN from PPPoE to DHCP-Client as the ASUS router works with aggresive DHCP query, I assumed this was default on WAN port but nvm. I also noticed that in the switch even if I use LAN port in slot 1 it comes up as port4? and port5 is the WAN port confirmed by the fact that it says its linked from logs.

I have experienced the fact that the WAN port has been misplaced by DD-WRT before and I've had to correct this or it would be looked at as a LAN port (like here?), since I'm not exactly aware of how to do that in OpenWRT (I can probably check out documentation) but I feel like there must be somebody else who can comment on this since I might be about to do something I'm not supposed to do as others have used the exact same method before.

Notes: I can just specify a MAC for WAN (nas0) in /etc/config/network and/or give it an ifname such as eth0.2?

My provider does not use DSL technology therefore DHCP in aggresive is going to do the trick, I have 7 LAN ports on their home central which by my request lets me assign seperate dynamic IPs when different devices query it. It only gives IPv4 so no need for wan6 and since I don't use DSL I have not placed annex B drivers and set that up in /etc/config/network

(Last edited by courfazor on 9 Aug 2015, 12:49)

nas0 by default is ADSL/VDSL port, WAN is connected to switch so all eth ports act as LAN, you can reconfigure VLAN's (switch section in Luci) as described somewhere earlier in this thread or find my image with pre-compiled WAN port. Mtd4 dismount error sometimes happen, it doesn't have any negative impact to rest of the process.

I will build my next images with some fixes and separate WAN port.

Also if You are not using VDSL/ADSL, disable it in startup.

scapi wrote:

nas0 by default is ADSL/VDSL port, WAN is connected to switch so all eth ports act as LAN, you can reconfigure VLAN's (switch section in Luci) as described somewhere earlier in this thread or find my image with pre-compiled WAN port. Mtd4 dismount error sometimes happen, it doesn't have any negative impact to rest of the process.

Thank you for poiting that out to me, I have tried doing what you suggested and I manged to get a internet connection so I must be doing something right. It's not flawless yet but I have posted my logs and written what I could notice below. Maybe I should wait for your WAN-fixed build before I bother you with my current situation since it works but I wanted to write about it in case its not done properly. Since Chaos Calmer is only in RC1 yet it will probably need some fixes at some point.

Edit: It has a MAC of F6:13:66:* which is not even assigend to any vendor it's supposed to be EC:43:F6:* as per the one written under my device. Does not matter, since it grabs this from somewhere do I edit the source or simply add the correct macaddr manually to the interfaces.

Disabling the VDSL/ADSL in startup: I disabled dsl_fs and dsl_control (are these the only ones need to disable?)
For instance do I also delete config vdsl 'dsl' in network config in case?

I have set up WAN using the following /etc/network/config:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=2M7f2Yde
Deleting the interface WAN6 from /etc/config/network and LuCI web configuration since I don't have IPv6 ATM.
The whole startup log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QZhgJveQ

Things I noticed about this:
-WAN in interface comes up as br-wan however it does not have a green band behind it in LuCI web interface it gets a red one? (LAN interface has green) is this how its supposed to be?

-The power LED blinks red while being green during startup but turns green after the device is fully booted since I disabled power2 (nobody replied whether this was normal or not, could be related to ADSL)

-This error since somehow nas0 still is in there (ADSL not gone yet? is this my bad for using eth0.2 for WAN?):

Mon Aug 10 08:59:59 2015 local2.notice br2684ctl[793]: Interface "nas0" created sucessfully
Mon Aug 10 08:59:59 2015 local2.notice br2684ctl[793]: Communicating over ATM 0.1.32, encapsulation: LLC
Mon Aug 10 08:59:59 2015 local2.err br2684ctl[793]: Fatal: failed to connect on socket; No such device

-Since it also gets the network from DHCP 192.168.1.* it seems like it does DHCP discovery two times since it retrieved DNS servers two times? Should I edit the subnet on my router to something like 10.0.0.* so it doesn't conflict or perhaps it doesn't matter since this could be normal.

-There are also these messages (Not disabled ADSL correctly?):

Mon Aug 10 09:00:26 2015 daemon.err uhttpd[977]: killall: vdsl_cpe_control: no process killed
Mon Aug 10 09:00:26 2015 daemon.err uhttpd[977]: killall: vdsl_cpe_control: no process killed

Edit: It would continue to spam these about 7 times each 5 secounds for around 40 secounds at random, which seems rather pointless.
How it shows in LuCI web interface: (ADSL    Status: DOWN Line State: not running daemon [0xfff])

-These messages are plenty of:

Mon Aug 10 09:28:15 2015 kern.err kernel: [  701.424000] eth0: tx ring full
Mon Aug 10 09:28:15 2015 kern.err kernel: [  701.712000] eth0: tx ring full
Mon Aug 10 09:28:15 2015 kern.err kernel: [  701.960000] eth0: tx ring full

after I hammered the router with 4K and speedtest at the same time pretty much.
I assume this is normal for high-load but is there something I can do in order to keep the router from spamming these messages in the logs.
Found this from 2 years ago: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/14163

(Last edited by courfazor on 10 Aug 2015, 11:48)

courfazor wrote:
scapi wrote:

Thank you for poiting that out to me, I have tried doing what you suggested and I manged to get a internet connection so I must be doing something right. It's not flawless yet but I have posted my logs and written what I could notice below. Maybe I should wait for your WAN-fixed build before I bother you with my current situation since it works but I wanted to write about it in case its not done properly. Since Chaos Calmer is only in RC1 yet it will probably need some fixes at some point.

Edit: It has a MAC of F6:13:66:* which is not even assigend to any vendor it's supposed to be EC:43:F6:* as per the one written under my device. Does not matter, since it grabs this from somewhere do I edit the source or simply add the correct macaddr manually to the interfaces.

What MAC, LAN / WAN / WLAN / VDSL ?
WAN/LAN MAC is taken from U-Boot, so if You set it up there it should be ok, WLAN MAC is from EEPROM, nas0/VDSL is calculated in API.

Disabling the VDSL/ADSL in startup: I disabled dsl_fs and dsl_control (are these the only ones need to disable?)
For instance do I also delete config vdsl 'dsl' in network config in case?

I have set up WAN using the following /etc/network/config:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=2M7f2Yde
Deleting the interface WAN6 from /etc/config/network and LuCI web configuration since I don't have IPv6 ATM.
The whole startup log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QZhgJveQ

Things I noticed about this:
-WAN in interface comes up as br-wan however it does not have a green band behind it in LuCI web interface it gets a red one? (LAN interface has green) is this how its supposed to be?

Yes it is how it supposed to be.

-The power LED blinks red while being green during startup but turns green after the device is fully booted since I disabled power2 (nobody replied whether this was normal or not, could be related to ADSL)

As above.

-This error since somehow nas0 still is in there (ADSL not gone yet? is this my bad for using eth0.2 for WAN?):

Mon Aug 10 08:59:59 2015 local2.notice br2684ctl[793]: Interface "nas0" created sucessfully
Mon Aug 10 08:59:59 2015 local2.notice br2684ctl[793]: Communicating over ATM 0.1.32, encapsulation: LLC
Mon Aug 10 08:59:59 2015 local2.err br2684ctl[793]: Fatal: failed to connect on socket; No such device

-Since it also gets the network from DHCP 192.168.1.* it seems like it does DHCP discovery two times since it retrieved DNS servers two times? Should I edit the subnet on my router to something like 10.0.0.* so it doesn't conflict or perhaps it doesn't matter since this could be normal.

You should change OpenWRT to different subnet.

-There are also these messages (Not disabled ADSL correctly?):

Edit: It would continue to spam these about 7 times each 5 secounds for around 40 secounds at random, which seems rather pointless.
How it shows in LuCI web interface: (ADSL    Status: DOWN Line State: not running daemon [0xfff])

-These messages are plenty of:

Mon Aug 10 09:28:15 2015 kern.err kernel: [  701.424000] eth0: tx ring full
Mon Aug 10 09:28:15 2015 kern.err kernel: [  701.712000] eth0: tx ring full
Mon Aug 10 09:28:15 2015 kern.err kernel: [  701.960000] eth0: tx ring full

after I hammered the router with 4K and speedtest at the same time pretty much.
I assume this is normal for high-load but is there something I can do in order to keep the router from spamming these messages in the logs.
Found this from 2 years ago: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/14163

What device do You have F3 or F1 ?

Thank you for replying, I was thinking that maybe I wrote too much you would not bother reading it all smile
Still, should I wait if you ever push one with WAN port fixed or just continue to use what I have this far?

scapi wrote:

What MAC, LAN / WAN / WLAN / VDSL ?
WAN/LAN MAC is taken from U-Boot, so if You set it up there it should be ok, WLAN MAC is from EEPROM, nas0/VDSL is calculated in API.

Ah, well it make sense to get it from flash. Since I for the time being do not use ADSL (nas0) that does not matter, wanted MAC for LAN and wi-fi to be correct. I guess since u-boot is replaced now I could do this by using COM cable aborting normal boot, too bad that I put the device back together now since I'll have to open it again - I assume?
I have your pre-built Chaos Calmer from Github, maybe I'll just bother to change the MAC for WLAN on EEPROM if you can write that over SSH, which should be possible.

scapi wrote:

You should change OpenWRT to different subnet.

Thanks for pointing that out. I think I'll try 192.168.3.0/24

scapi wrote:

What device do You have F3 or F1 ?

I have the F3, the one you had broken so I guess there is nothing you can investigate about this.
It had been observed in several other routers running OpenWRT according to issue tracker.

As for LAN MAC, you can try uboot-envtools, described here http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/boo … om.openwrt (need to set u-boot partition in config file)

As for WLAN MAC, some post earlier it was described what to change in eeprom file with any HEX editor, simply open it and find MAC (visible under status page) and change it to Your own.

As for images I have them working but I'm heeding on vacation on Friday so there are without precompiled packages.

I need to find some kind of device based on Lantiq after I came back so I can test anything without using my only router as test subject, so probably I'll will come back to developing after my vacation.

(Last edited by scapi on 19 Aug 2015, 21:02)

scapi wrote:

As for LAN MAC, you can try uboot-envtools, described here http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/boo … om.openwrt (need to set u-boot partition in config file)

As for WLAN MAC, some post earlier it was described what to change in eeprom file with any HEX editor, simply open it and find MAC (visible under status page) and change it to Your own.

As for images I have them working but I'm heeding on vacation on Friday so there are without precompiled packages.

I need to find some kind of device based on Lantiq after I came back so I can test anything without using my only router as test subject, so probably I'll will come back to developing after my vacation.

I guess you are on an old house without overvoltage protection, for me too but the most important connections are protected. I think you can buy seperate equipment or maybe it is that the lightening can follow the internet cable into your router, right?

Either way thank you for your work, I will do a test of mine on this image as primary router before you update your pre-compiled images. This "old" F3 model devices are pleny of here the company moved onto other ZyXel with 5GHz but most of them I guess are delivered back to the ISP on whatever they do with them (recycling?) I got to keep mine though since they didn't want it when I changed ISP a while ago.

(Last edited by courfazor on 20 Aug 2015, 20:52)

Mijzelf wrote:
ase wrote:
Mijzelf wrote:

@ase: Can that mean that isochronous transfer is supported now?

To my understanding dwc2 supports them so it is at least worth trying.

Finally I tried, and unfortunately it doesn't work. Streaming some sound the userland software doesn't notice anything wrong, but there is no sound, and I get a

[ 1651.100000] usb usb2: clear tt 1 (1021) error -22

in kernel log about every 50 msec.

On BB the userland software errored out with 'broken pipe', or something like that, and the kernel log showed a 'isochron transfer is not supported'.

For those with USB trouble (especially with isochronous transfers), could you try the following patch: https://dev.openwrt.org/attachment/tick … ters.patch

Mijzelf wrote:

Should that really be C#? I can provide it in C.

Hello Mijzelf. Can u please contact me on skype to talk about something.
Burlacu Cornel (rodycor is id) Romania.
Thank u.

No, I don't do voice. You can mail me on mijzelf at live dot com

Here is some silent news in case nobody got it http://hackaday.com/2015/09/02/save-wif … m-the-fcc/ as a user of DD-WRT and OpenWRT this feels kind of scary.

I would like to say that using your pre-build package for the F3 my router is working fine for two weeks now and thanks again. I got a repeater to work like I wanted to and I can access the same LAN IP through both the Wi-Fi routers, which was like a dream to me which came true using OpenWrt.

However, I feel like I can't reach the max Wi-Fi capacity and my logs keep getting these replies:

Sun Sep  6 08:42:43 2015 kern.err kernel: [754973.640000] eth0: tx ring full

I believe that either the router itself is incapable of these transfer speeds or something with the firmware, I'm running the EEPROM which came on the pre-built GitHub, it's the one that allowed the fastest transfer speeds? It's a little weird that this router claiming to have 1 Gbit/s LAN output (although I'm a little skeptic to that) does perform slightly worse than the cheap ASUS which has 100 Megabit/s ones (of course the LAN ports are completely unrelated to the WI-Fi chip and antennas)

With multiple connection through Steam I managed to push up the transfer speed to ~3.4 MB/s however with slight variations and somewhat unstable in the long term going down (sometimes plummeting to nothing) and up to the max ~3.4 MB/s again. My fibre handles max 3.75 Megabyte/s in case that matters. Not like I need to take full advantage of my line by any means it's just that I'm very interested informing, and once again thank you for providing the firmware and even compiling it for me.

I remember that open-source Wi-Fi drivers and such often perform way worse than the closed source ones since they are the most adapted ones, thus I often get worse performance when I move to either OpenWrt or DD-WRT previous times I have done the exact same thing to other routers.

Otherwise everything seem to be performing as intended with lease time of 600:

Sun Sep  6 08:00:17 2015 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 28:b2:bd:**:**:** WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Sep  6 08:03:07 2015 daemon.notice netifd: wan (822): Sending renew...
Sun Sep  6 08:03:07 2015 daemon.notice netifd: wan (822): Lease of 178.**.**.** obtained, lease time 600
Sun Sep  6 08:08:07 2015 daemon.notice netifd: wan (822): Sending renew...
Sun Sep  6 08:08:07 2015 daemon.notice netifd: wan (822): Lease of 178.**.**.** obtained, lease time 600
Sun Sep  6 08:10:17 2015 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 28:b2:bd:**:**:** WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Sep  6 08:13:07 2015 daemon.notice netifd: wan (822): Sending renew...
Sun Sep  6 08:13:07 2015 daemon.notice netifd: wan (822): Lease of 178.**.**.** obtained, lease time 600
Sun Sep  6 08:18:08 2015 daemon.notice netifd: wan (822): Sending renew...
Sun Sep  6 08:18:08 2015 daemon.notice netifd: wan (822): Lease of 178.**.**.** obtained, lease time 600
Sun Sep  6 08:20:17 2015 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 28:b2:bd:**:**:** WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Sun Sep  6 08:23:08 2015 daemon.notice netifd: wan (822): Sending renew...

(Last edited by courfazor on 6 Sep 2015, 10:15)

Hi all, i am new here and i like to install OpenWRT on my P-2812HNU-F1. I have shorted R17 for a few times because i see nothing about UART on the screen. What do i wrong? Here is the boot log:

ROM VER: 1.0.5
CFG 06
NAND
NAND Read OK

CFG 06
NAND
NAND Read OK

DDR autotuning Rev 0.3d
DDR size from 0xa0000000 - 0xa7ffffff
[\]
Read DQS Delay Slice0     :00000021
Read DQS Delay Slice1     :00000022
Write DQS Delay Slice0    :00000066
Write DQS Delay Slice1    :00000067

ZyU-F02-300-20AA003-V3.09|01/24|2013(AACC)

CLOCK CPU 500M RAM 250M
DRAM:  128 MB

relocate_code start
 relocate_code finish.
128 MiB
=>new DDR param:88888888-00142104-00142204-00566604-00566704-00000200
=>old DDR param:00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000

ZyXEL: DDR parameter is changed, but we ignore it!!

*** Warning - bad CRC or NAND, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   fw_addr=0xa0200000
Internal phy(GE) firmware version: 0x0405
setup MDIO for new GPHY
vr9 Switch
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0

NAND read: device 0 offset 116736, size 65536 ...  65536 bytes read: OK
## Starting application at 0x86A80000 ...

Z-LOADER 3.0(Feb 14 2014)

NAND flash block size: 0x20000
Select 1st zboot image...
go 0x86a90000
## Starting application at 0x86A90000 ...

Z-Boot 3.0.0(Feb 14 2014)

we get zloader version: 3.0
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 1

Power off -> Short R17 -> Power on -> Remove short

Hi all, I'm new here. I've acquired P-2812HNU-F3 branded by Telekom SK and I'd like to install OpenWRT on it (to use it for firewalling, WiFi and VDSL WAN).

All tutorials begin with switching to UART (CFG 04). This doesn't work for me so far.

I tried (many times) shorting R24 and R15 (first using small screwdrivers, then using precise point tweezers). Shorting R15 alone yields "CFG 06" again (and possible device hang), R24 + R15 does nothing.

Also note default on my device is "CFG 06<br>NAND":

ROM VER: 1.1.4
CFG 06
NAND
NAND Read OK

ROM VER: 1.1.4
CFG 06
NAND
NAND Read OK
DDR Access auto data-eye tuning Rev 0.3a
DDR size from 0xa0000000 - 0xa7ffffff
DDR check ok... start booting...

ZyU-F02-300-20AA003-V3.03|11/07|2011(TUS)

CLOCK CPU 500M RAM 250M
DRAM:  128 MB

relocate_code start
 relocate_code finish.
128 MiB
*** Warning - bad CRC or NAND, using default environment

Net:   fw_addr=0xa0200000
Internal phy(GE) firmware version: 0x0405
vr9 Switch
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0 

On my device there is no R17 and no R23 (only two dots of solder). (I have prepared some photos, but I must learn how to post them.)

What else can I try to get to CFG 04 UART?

(Is UART really necessary to install OpenWRT? According to what I've read here it is necessary only to install U-boot instead of ZyXEL's bootloader  Z-boot - please correct me if I'm wrong.)

for :arczy
shorten R-17 was difficult, for me too.
solution: Fix a lead to the frame of the usb-connector (this is ground, and the same as pin of R17) , R17-other-pin  (near the flash-chip) is now easely to touch with the measure-point of the lead.  (lead was from a multimeter).

suc6, greetings, Ad.

Haha, the tx ring is indeed full. I was pounding the router with a lot of transferring at ~1 Megabyte/s and after a while it completely died. Had to connect my ASUS w/TX burst as main again to get 3.7 megabyte/s.

I guess you would be more interested in picking another router if you have higher speeds than ADSL.

(Last edited by courfazor on 26 Sep 2015, 12:04)

I've been trying to install OpenWrt onto my P-2812HNU-P3 following the instructions in the Wiki. Replacing the factory U-Boot went fine, but I'm running into troubles when trying to boot OpenWrt. It fails with the message LZMA: uncompress or overwrite error 7, before rebooting immediately after. Full console log below:

#
CFG 06
NAND
NAND Read OK

U-Boot SPL 2013.10-openwrt5 (Nov 18 2014 - 19:54:01)
SPL: initializing NAND flash
SPL: checking U-Boot image
SPL: loading U-Boot to RAM
SPL: decompressing U-Boot with LZO
SPL: jumping to U-Boot

U-Boot 2013.10-openwrt5 (Nov 18 2014 - 19:54:01) P-2812HNU-Fx

Board: ZyXEL P-2812HNU-Fx
SoC:   Lantiq VRX288 v1.1
CPU:   500 MHz
IO:    250 MHz
BUS:   250 MHz
BOOT:  NAND
DRAM:  128 MiB
NAND:  128 MiB
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

Net:   ltq-eth
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  2 ### 0 
P-2812HNU-Fx # tftp 0x80800000 openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-P2812HNUF1-uImage
ltq_phy: addr 0, link 0, speed 10, duplex 0
ltq_phy: addr 1, link 0, speed 10, duplex 0
ltq_phy: addr 17, link 0, speed 10, duplex 0
ltq_phy: addr 19, link 1, speed 1000, duplex 1
ltq_phy: addr 5, link 0, speed 10, duplex 0
Using ltq-eth device
TFTP from server 192.168.1.2; our IP address is 192.168.1.1
Filename 'openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-P2812HNUF1-uImage'.
Load address: 0x80800000
Loading: *##################################################################
     #####################################################
     8.1 MiB/s
done
Bytes transferred = 1724531 (1a5073 hex)
P-2812HNU-Fx # nand erase 0x60000 0x200000

NAND erase: device 0 offset 0x60000, size 0x200000

Erasing at 0x60000 --   6% complete.
Erasing at 0x80000 --  12% complete.
Erasing at 0xa0000 --  18% complete.
Erasing at 0xc0000 --  25% complete.
Erasing at 0xe0000 --  31% complete.
Erasing at 0x100000 --  37% complete.
Erasing at 0x120000 --  43% complete.
Erasing at 0x140000 --  50% complete.
Erasing at 0x160000 --  56% complete.
Erasing at 0x180000 --  62% complete.
Erasing at 0x1a0000 --  68% complete.
Erasing at 0x1c0000 --  75% complete.
Erasing at 0x1e0000 --  81% complete.
Erasing at 0x200000 --  87% complete.
Erasing at 0x220000 --  93% complete.
Erasing at 0x240000 -- 100% complete.
OK
P-2812HNU-Fx # nand write 0x80800000 0x60000 0x200000

NAND write: device 0 offset 0x60000, size 0x200000
 2097152 bytes written: OK
P-2812HNU-Fx # tftpboot 0x80800000 openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-P2812HNUF1-uImage-initramfs
ltq_phy: addr 0, link 0, speed 10, duplex 0
ltq_phy: addr 1, link 0, speed 10, duplex 0
ltq_phy: addr 17, link 0, speed 10, duplex 0
ltq_phy: addr 19, link 1, speed 1000, duplex 1
ltq_phy: addr 5, link 0, speed 10, duplex 0
Using ltq-eth device
TFTP from server 192.168.1.2; our IP address is 192.168.1.1
Filename 'openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-P2812HNUF1-uImage-initramfs'.
Load address: 0x80800000
Loading: *##################################################################
     #################################################################
     ################################################
done
Bytes transferred = 4508385 (44cae1 hex)
P-2812HNU-Fx # bootm 0x80800000
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 80800000 ...
   Image Name:   MIPS OpenWrt Linux-3.18.21
   Created:      2015-09-23  21:03:52 UTC
   Image Type:   MIPS Linux Kernel Image (lzma compressed)
   Data Size:    4508321 Bytes = 4.3 MiB
   Load Address: 80002000
   Entry Point:  80002000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... LZMA: uncompress or overwrite error 7 - must RESET b
CFG 06
NAND
NAND Read OK

U-Boot SPL 2013.10-openwrt5 (Nov 18 2014 - 19:54:01)
SPL: initializing NAND flash
SPL: checking U-Boot image
SPL: loading U-Boot to RAM
SPL: decompressing U-Boot with LZO
SPL: jumping to U-Boot

U-Boot 2013.10-openwrt5 (Nov 18 2014 - 19:54:01) P-2812HNU-Fx

Board: ZyXEL P-2812HNU-Fx
SoC:   Lantiq VRX288 v1.1
CPU:   500 MHz
IO:    250 MHz
BUS:   250 MHz
BOOT:  NAND
DRAM:  128 MiB
NAND:  128 MiB
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

Net:   ltq-eth
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  2 ### 1 ### 0 
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
P-2812HNU-Fx # 

I'm using binaries from https://github.com/ScApi/P2812HNUFx-Pre … ver-r47026 (commit ge844ddd to be specific). Any ideas?

EDIT: https://github.com/ScApi/P2812HNUFx-Pre … ver-r46993 (commit g45a18bf) seems to boot correctly. After having successfully this version, I was able to successfully use the sysupgrade image to get r47026 installed.

(Last edited by tore on 26 Sep 2015, 22:31)

I have installed OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05 on my router ZyXEL P-2812HNU-F1. It is working only the wifi is not working.
When i run dmesg on the router i see the following error:

PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:0e.0 (0000 -> 0002)
[   13.276000] rt2800pci 0000:00:0e.0: failed to load eeprom property
[   13.284000] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00lib_request_eeprom_file: Info - Loading EEPROM data from 'RT3062.eeprom'.
[   13.300000] rt2800pci 0000:00:0e.0: Direct firmware load for RT3062.eeprom failed with error -2
[   13.308000] rt2800pci 0000:00:0e.0: Falling back to user helper
[   13.356000] firmware RT3062.eeprom: firmware_loading_store: map pages failed
[   13.360000] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00lib_request_eeprom_file: Error - Failed to request EEPROM.
[   13.368000] rt2800pci: probe of 0000:00:0e.0 failed with error -11
[   20.868000] PTM 1.0.27    PTM (E1) firmware version 0.30

The message "Direct firmware load for RT3062.eeprom failed with error -2". The files RT3062.eeprom and RT3062.bin are missing in the OS. Does someone know where i can download these files.

Wiki will help You.

Hello! Can I install OpenWRT on a branded device (Telenor) Zyxtel P-2812HNU F3? From where can I download such firmware?

Last time when I use LuCi and putty, i brick my router (another brand). That beats me... There is not an easy way to do an update (via update option from router menu)?