OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link Archer C2 AC750 support

The content of this topic has been archived between 30 Mar 2018 and 5 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

@Vezexe On my archer c20i tftp don work because lan ports dont work and it dont have conection with ruter. I only can install new firemware from web gui on wifi but my hardware is c2 and on flash is written "This update isn for this hardware"

Did you flash a C2 firmware on the C20i?

Edit: seems so, those 2 routers differs mainly in the switch. Your chance to get back the C20i may resort in using jtag/serial for flashing back a C20i firmware.

(Last edited by Vezexe on 11 Feb 2017, 17:35)

@Vezexe What device are you recommending to the plug in the router via JTAG/serial to usb?

(Last edited by dom133_pl on 12 Feb 2017, 00:57)

@dom133_pl: i just happen to have the C20i and didn't bricked it using the linked guide in the C20i's wiki, i don't know what i'd do if i bricked it (the general serial page on OpenWRT wiki is under port.serial name), you may want to wait some more acknowledged user's reply first.

Good day!
Is there any chance ever to see the OpenWrt for Archer C2 routers? Native program wound sadness, even though the router sell.

Hello, I finally isntalled OpenWrt on my Archer C2, everything seems to work fine, but the 5Ghz. I followed @yoq instructions, and installed the driver.

I get good connection and can access internet using the 2.4Ghz network, but I can't make the 5Ghz work, my network shows up, but when trying to connect the following line keeps showing on the logfile:

DHCP packet received on rai0 which has no address

I think I made some mistake on the Interface configuration, any one could help?

is there any method to flash openwrt firmware, if tftp give me "same block again" error, can this board support jtag ?

i am on newest us firmware, cr*ppy one

yamilife wrote:

Hello, I finally isntalled OpenWrt on my Archer C2, everything seems to work fine, but the 5Ghz. I followed @yoq instructions, and installed the driver.

I get good connection and can access internet using the 2.4Ghz network, but I can't make the 5Ghz work, my network shows up, but when trying to connect the following line keeps showing on the logfile:

DHCP packet received on rai0 which has no address

I think I made some mistake on the Interface configuration, any one could help?

How you did it ? Via tftp ?

norulez.nikita wrote:

I was on latest US firmware and followed @yoq TFTP method described at #124, then I followed his instructions at #117 to install and enable 5Ghz Wi-Fi.

First I tried to flash using the Ethernet port marked as 1, but the firmware transfer always failed in the middle, so I tried  the Ethernet port marked as 4 and I could flash it.

Everything is working fine, and I have my C2 up and running with both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz for more than a week.

I tried it and it's not helped me sad Uboot gave me "same block again" and tftpd64 gave me "TIMEOUT waiting for Ack block" on each port, any ideas ?

Can you please share a instruction

yamilife wrote:
norulez.nikita wrote:

I was on latest US firmware and followed @yoq TFTP method described at #124, then I followed his instructions at #117 to install and enable 5Ghz Wi-Fi.

First I tried to flash using the Ethernet port marked as 1, but the firmware transfer always failed in the middle, so I tried  the Ethernet port marked as 4 and I could flash it.

Everything is working fine, and I have my C2 up and running with both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz for more than a week.

Managed to install it after a couple of tries.
Yeah, it didn't work using LAN ports 1,2 and 3.
Connected the cable to LAN port 4 and it worked like magic.

I have a couple of questions though.

1. How do I install the 5Ghz driver ?
2. Also, I have a Gigabit connection. In speed tests, 100 - 130mbps is the max I can reach using the openwrt firmware. I get close to 950 mbps / s using the stock firmware. Is there any workarround ?

I need the maximum speed, as I want to run all the traffic through a VPN all the time, on all devices in my house. (Netflix, Hulu and other streaming services plus access to geo restricted websites)

(Last edited by viciuascuns on 12 Apr 2017, 08:58)

Managed to brick it. I wrote a sysupgrade bin file. Tftp won't upload the firmware anymore. Feeling sad.
Bought an Asus.

Sorry to hear that man sad
How you managed to do that?
Maybe you could try to flash using serial?

I wrote a sysupgrade.bin file posted on #124 instead of the recovery file.
Now it just powers on and it won't write another firmware.

Nah. That seems like a lot of work. I just bought an Asus Router, as all I really wanted was the VPN Client, and Asus routers come with it in the box.

zen_axel wrote:

I hope someone can help me big_smile

I have a locked Archer C2 V1 which i couldn't update with official firmware, so i've tried updating firmware with instructions on comment #90. I've done that, then tried flashing official firmware through the openwrt firmware, but it said it was too big for the memory, but i let it do it anyway, since the recovery firmware is the same size.

It failed and got all the lights blinking.

I reflashed using comment #90 instructions and it worked, but then... i renamed the latest official firmware from tplink to ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin and tried flashing that with Tftpd32 and it looks like it bricked.

On boot, only the internet light blinks once, then it does nothing. I cannot make it go back to flash mode (the lock light) and i really don't know what to do now.

Is there any chance i can fix it ? I'm just an average windows user with no linux/coding skills.

Thank you in advance.

Did you manage to fix your problem ?
I bricked it too.

Does anyone if there is a dump of the firmware Openwrt under programmer? I understand you only need to change the ART partition on your flash... it is impossible to flash via tftp...
My router: Firmware Version:0.9.1 5.0 v0032.0 Build 170207 Rel.49213n
                 Hardware Version:Archer C2 v1 00000002

The files recovery etc from   #124 are for archer c2 v1 only??Is this files  can be used on v2 and v3 as well ??

can anyone help me with minidlna package. At BuildBot it's listed under broken packages. is there any other way to get it?

Any help would be appreciated smile thanks smile

HI,

I have managed to get most of the work done -- apart from the 5G driver.

I am able to load it from the interface -- and ask it to restore settings -- but it just takes me back without any progress .... so may I request what next after pressing upload archive.

i have same problem. I upload and restore settings but luci i can only scan 2.4ghz. In #99 i found info that 5g not show up and i gave to configure it from console but how. Maybe someone explain how to do this?
EDIT 5g works answer is in post #117 Thank you for this.

(Last edited by yonasz on 29 Apr 2017, 18:41)

For those who struggle with the TFTP download...
I've tried using 2 directly connected laptops and transfer through a hub, configured fixed speed&duplex settings on the laptop's Ethernet port, tried tftpd-hpa, tftpd32 and the simple command line server included with the xmas release (thanks @yoq). The same failures were seen when using the recovery procedure and manually running the bootloader's tftpboot command. Nothing has helped so far with the dreaded "Same block again; ignore it" errors, timeouts and eventual failure.

Does anybody have a statically linked flashing tool that could be uploaded and run under the TP-LINK stock firmware to do flashing or is there any other method to do it from there?

The method that worked for me so far requires serial dongle and using the bootloader "loadb" command to transfer the firmware. Here's what it takes. The TP-LINK is the US version. Before starting upgrade install the latest stock firmware (currently Archer_C2(US)_V1_170228.zip). This stock firmware contains the same bootloader as the yoq's xmas release (post #124).

Run "kermit" ("sudo apt-get install ckermit" if need to install it under Ubuntu) and then (assuming your serial connection to the router is through ttyUSB0)

SET MODEM TYPE DIRECT
SET PORT /dev/ttyUSB0
SET SPEED 115200
SET CARRIER-WATCH OFF
SET FLOW NONE
SET PARITY NONE
SET CONTROL PREFIX ALL
connect

Reboot the router and quickly click '4' to drop into the botloader prompt.
When in the bootloader prompt run 'loadb 0x82000000' command, then click 'Ctrl+/' and 'c' to get back to kermit's command mode. In the kermit command mode issue the command to transfer yoq's OpenWRT firmware file

send /path-to/openwrt_r50020/ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin

It takes about 15min to transfer. When the file is successfully transferred run the 'connect' command to go back to the router's bootloader prompt, flash the downloaded firmware and boot the router.

erase tplink 0x20000 0x7a0000
cp.b 0x82020000 0x20000 0x7a0000
bootm
dob71 wrote:

For those who struggle with the TFTP download...
I've tried using 2 directly connected laptops and transfer through a hub, configured fixed speed&duplex settings on the laptop's Ethernet port, tried tftpd-hpa, tftpd32 and the simple command line server included with the xmas release (thanks @yoq). The same failures were seen when using the recovery procedure and manually running the bootloader's tftpboot command. Nothing has helped so far with the dreaded "Same block again; ignore it" errors, timeouts and eventual failure.

Does anybody have a statically linked flashing tool that could be uploaded and run under the TP-LINK stock firmware to do flashing or is there any other method to do it from there?

The method that worked for me so far requires serial dongle and using the bootloader "loadb" command to transfer the firmware. Here's what it takes. The TP-LINK is the US version. Before starting upgrade install the latest stock firmware (currently Archer_C2(US)_V1_170228.zip). This stock firmware contains the same bootloader as the yoq's xmas release (post #124).

Run "kermit" ("sudo apt-get install ckermit" if need to install it under Ubuntu) and then (assuming your serial connection to the router is through ttyUSB0)

SET MODEM TYPE DIRECT
SET PORT /dev/ttyUSB0
SET SPEED 115200
SET CARRIER-WATCH OFF
SET FLOW NONE
SET PARITY NONE
SET CONTROL PREFIX ALL
connect

Reboot the router and quickly click '4' to drop into the botloader prompt.
When in the bootloader prompt run 'loadb 0x82000000' command, then click 'Ctrl+/' and 'c' to get back to kermit's command mode. In the kermit command mode issue the command to transfer yoq's OpenWRT firmware file

send /path-to/openwrt_r50020/ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin

It takes about 15min to transfer. When the file is successfully transferred run the 'connect' command to go back to the router's bootloader prompt, flash the downloaded firmware and boot the router.

erase tplink 0x20000 0x7a0000
cp.b 0x82020000 0x20000 0x7a0000
bootm

Thank man! It works for me

But i have another problem now xD How can i change 5ghz ap mode to sta ? Its really important for me cause i make 5ghz pseudobridge with relayd

(Last edited by norulez.nikita on 8 May 2017, 08:42)