OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Raspberry PI & TP-link WN723N

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello everybody,

I installed openwrt 14.07rc3 on rpi model B and it works without any problems. I tried attaching USB tplink wn723n (8188eu) and it is not recognized by the system. Since I am not that much experienced with owrt system could someone point me to some manual or just tell me how to get this dongle working?

lsusb says "0bda:8179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp."

and in /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices says "driver=(none)".

Thanks.

test471 wrote:

Hello everybody,

I installed openwrt 14.07rc3 on rpi model B and it works without any problems. I tried attaching USB tplink wn723n (8188eu) and it is not recognized by the system. Since I am not that much experienced with owrt system could someone point me to some manual or just tell me how to get this dongle working?

Thanks.

try install kmod-rtl8192cu, i'm not sure this work.
i using USB tplink wn725n V1(rtl8188cus) on raspberry. It work perfect.

http://www.upsieutoc.com/images/2014/09/18/raspberry.png
http://www.upsieutoc.com/images/2014/09/18/wifi.png

test471 wrote:

Hello everybody,

Thanks.

test471,

I'm seeing the same behaviour with a no-name RT5370 USB adapter. The required driver, rt2800usb, is installed. OpenWrt simply doesn't recognise the adapter. For what it's worth, lsusb says "148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter".

The USB adapter works flawlessly with Raspbian and on a PC thinclient running Debian Wheezy.

It sort of defeats the purpose of OpenWrt on RPi if WLAN can't be made to work.

Regards,
epollari

have you install kmod-rt2800-lib?

epollari wrote:

I'm seeing the same behaviour with a no-name RT5370 USB adapter. The required driver, rt2800usb, is installed. OpenWrt simply doesn't recognise the adapter. For what it's worth, lsusb says "148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter".

The USB adapter works flawlessly with Raspbian and on a PC thinclient running Debian Wheezy.

You might be suffering from this problem: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/17679

hoatienii wrote:

try install kmod-rtl8192cu, i'm not sure this work.
i using USB tplink wn725n V1(rtl8188cus) on raspberry.

Hi, I have the same adapter but nothing works like on your screen. It simply can't detect wifis sad

Which steps did you do to make it work?

The discussion might have continued from here.