OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Buffalo's WHR-300HP2 and WZR-1750DHP porting

The content of this topic has been archived on 5 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

Is there any one working on porting OpenWRT to Buffalo's WHR-300HP2 and/or WZR-1750DHP?

It's been ship with DD-WRT by default.

I confirmed openwrt worked on whr-300hp2 except for wireless.

So you confirm that it's useless...

A router without wireless isn't "useless", most of the real routers in the world do not have wireless.

(Last edited by qasdfdsaq on 12 Jul 2014, 15:20)

Maybe, but if I buy a wireless-router, I want to use the wireless-part.

naturelle wrote:

Maybe, but if I buy a wireless-router, I want to use the wireless-part.

Maybe if you want a wireless router with working wireless, you shouldn't erase its operating system and replace it with one without wireless?

You point it out. So if you want a working device with more than 802.11n there is actually no chance in using openwrt!?

There is plenty of chance of using Openwrt, but if you want it now, don't choose a device that Openwrt doesn't support properly.

There are plenty of other devices that Openwrt works fine on.

Course you could write the drivers for it yourself if you're desperate to have it working on this one.

(Last edited by qasdfdsaq on 14 Jul 2014, 04:58)

qasdfdsaq wrote:

There is plenty of chance of using Openwrt,

With wich device exactly? I found nothing.

but if you want it now,

Yes, of course if someone needs to buy a new device he needs it now and not, when 802.11ac is deprecated...

don't choose a device that Openwrt doesn't support properly.

So he cannot use openWRT if he wants to use 802.11ac.

Show me one which is working properly for example with latest trunk on 802.11ac and what I can buy in Europe (and not only in China).

At the moment for someone who wants to use openWRT and needs some more Software installed then the usually per default installed packages there is no better consumer-device than the Netgear WNDR3700 or the Buffalo WZR-600DHP. All other devices have less Flash memory or no 5GHz. And both of the named devices are years on the market.
Maybe that there are better devices than Ubiquiti or something else, but they are much more expensive.

(Last edited by naturelle on 14 Jul 2014, 11:43)

naturelle wrote:
qasdfdsaq wrote:

There is plenty of chance of using Openwrt,

With wich device exactly? I found nothing.

You must be blind:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start

Show me one which is working properly for example with latest trunk on 802.11ac and what I can buy in Europe (and not only in China).

Nobody said anything about AC. We were specifically talking about the wireless on a N300 device.

I agree with naturelle.
After all, the OpenWrt motto is... Wireless Freedom!

I confirm OpenWrt Chaos Calmer r44330 / LuCI (git-15.039.68240-76dfdc1) works fine on WZR-1750DHP, ...except for the wireless.

How did you configure it to get a build for the wzr-1750?   When I configure a built out of git for it, I get a lot of images, but none of them are specifically for the wzr-1750.

abhayakara wrote:

How did you configure it to get a build for the wzr-1750?   When I configure a built out of git for it, I get a lot of images, but none of them are specifically for the wzr-1750.

There isn't any magic, just build bcm53xx and you'll get firmware image. A proof is there:
http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ … x/generic/
(buildbot uses standard OpenWrt repo).

Ah, the issue is that there are two different CPUs you can choose, and I chose MIPS instead of ARM.   Thanks!

The discussion might have continued from here.