OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link 740N sys LED blinking after flashing squashfs-factory.bin

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Feb 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

1- Built a custom image using image builder " make image PROFILE=TLWR740 "
RESULTS: Flashed = OK. After reboot = OK.

2- Built a custom image using image builder with command "make image PROFILE=TLWR740" but this time I added FILES="/Files to the command" (/etc files in it)

RESULTS: Flashed = OK. After reboot = Sys LED blinking endlessly.

Symptoms:
-  Sys LED blinking speed 4-5 times / sec
-  Tried fail-safe but it doesn't respond to the reset button.
-  Switch is working but the led of that port doesn't turn on (connected to pc with lan cable)
-  Ping to 192.168.1.1 = no response

Unlike usual brick cases with this particular router,  The switch is not completely dead so it seems it does boot into OpenWRT a bit and then panics.

I noticed there was an error in build log: ./etc/rc.common permission denied. Yet the build was successful.

I have USB-TTL which helped to unbrick it few months ago but I don'twant to go through that process again. Is there anyway I can fix it without opening the case? But the most important thing is to identify the reason behind all this.

(Last edited by farrukh on 3 Jul 2014, 13:12)

Well, due to no answer from community. I had to fix it with conventional USB-TTL method.

did you save some kind of serial bootlog or logread? that could help understanding what went wrong..

nebbia88 wrote:

did you save some kind of serial bootlog or logread? that could help understanding what went wrong..

No serial log. Did it blindly with just 2 pins (tx+gnd). I figured out what went wrong. The files I included during the make image command were the culprit.

Since you posted this in "Hardware Hacking" you must use your rs232-TTL cable smile

The discussion might have continued from here.