OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: SOLVED: Dual Access PPPOE (Russian PPPOE) Setup on TL-WR841ND

The content of this topic has been archived on 25 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

I installed openwrt (Attitude Adjustment 12.09) on a TL-WR841ND and the installation went through fine.

But, I could not figure out how to setup a Dual Access PPPoE (also called "Russia PPPoE") using luci(?).

Just wanted to check if anyone could please share their configuration.

Thanks
Joe

Below from the NetShe documentation (this is the only relevant documentation I could find about "Dual Access PPPoE"):

Dual Access
The term dual access is not used in NETSHe, although the mechanism, which is meant by
it by some manufacturers, is implemented in NETSHe
Dual access means a two-staged connection with the Internet service provider (uplink):
• connection to the provider through Ethernet-interface to assign an IP-address,
routes, etc. with DHCP or with static settings.
•connection with the use of the protocol group like “point-to-point”, (PPPoE, PPTP,
L2TP) on the second stage
Connection to the provider network is carried out through Ethernet-port ; an IP-address,
routes, name servers are assigned to the client by the provider. Upon completion of the
first stage of connection a client gets access to the internal resources of the provider, but
not to the Internet.
On the second stage the connection through PPTP or L2TP protocols is established with
the assignment of a new default route, new name servers and a new IP-address on the
new interface ( named pppX). Upon completion of the second stage a client obtains
access to the Internet. This two-staged connection is implemented in NETSHe, as shown
in the documentation examples

(Last edited by joe9 on 24 Jun 2014, 19:27)

What exactly is the configuration you are trying to set up?

The discussion might have continued from here.