OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link TL-WR710N Chips

The content of this topic has been archived on 1 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Just recently acquired the TL-WR710N (US) V1.0 version

The Flash chip and RAM are labeled Windbond and I noticed no TP-Link name printed on the bottom of the circuit board.

The Winbond flash chip appears to be an 8Mb chip and the Winbond RAM appears to be of the 256M variety looking up the part numbers.

I installed BARRIER BREAKER (Bleeding Edge, r39076) and its showing 32M of play area.

Is it me or is there only 32M of play space on the device?

TL-WR710N

(Last edited by petey on 3 Jun 2014, 13:33)

256 Mbit = 32 MB.

Thank-you Pepe2K

I have been playing with a serial connected (via a USB to serial FTDI device) and noticed that the drivers are not there for the device.

Should I migrate the OS Firmware to something else?

BARRIER BREAKER (Bleeding Edge, r39076) will not let me install the driver update.

(Last edited by petey on 4 Jun 2014, 11:51)

>BARRIER BREAKER (Bleeding Edge, r39076) will not let me install the driver update.

You can install the latest (BB) trunk using sysupgrade and immediately install the packages you need before your kernel becomes out of sync with the current packages, or install Attitude Adjustment (if available for your device)--the AA packages can be installed at any time since they will not become out of sync with the kernel.

Thank-you guys.

I have already done some hardware mods to the TL-WR710N that I have.  That said the chips on the board are different than the pictures in the Wiki.  There is also no TP-Link verbiage on the board.

Looking to do a serial link to the board an PepeIIk bootloader mods to the device

I purchased the TP-Link from Amazon.  I was lucky a bit with it.  Is there a way to post this image here.

I am not really sure what it is that I have but would like to add this to the current TL-WR710N wiki if possible.

There is no mention of the Winbond chips in the wiki.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzgjvvf3ojk81cf/TP-Link-1.jpg

(Last edited by petey on 22 Jun 2014, 17:52)

The discussion might have continued from here.