OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Villeneuve wrote:

Or perhaps, do you expect to push the flash update patch to master, or is there some reason for not doing so.

I tried manually backporting it and was not able to create a bootable WRT32X image. My test should not be considered extensive though.

I'm not strong at creating OpenWRT/LEDE, but as an alternative to NAND, I think you can create an image to boot from Usbflah storage.

Lantis wrote:
JW0914 wrote:

Please see the LEDE Forum, as this thread is dead and should remain so.

I'm fully aware of both forums, and am simply posting where i know the intended user has recently and is mostly active.
Thanks for your concern.

Perhaps create a new thread then?  This thread is pointless, serves a purpose to only make it more difficult for anyone looking for help to obtain it, and should remain dead.  Per my above posts here and here:

• How is this thread beneficial to anyone at this point?

• Currently, there are 14,928 posts (597 pages) with no ability on this forum for thread search, which is why this thread is as long as it is, and no sane person would believe this is a good thread to get information, let alone help, from.

• I'd likely be accurate in stating this is likely the longest thread in the history of any forum on the internet.... it's absurd.

• How is this thread currently relevant?

• This thread was created in April 2014 when the only device in the WRT AC Series was the 1900AC v1

• Currently there are the 1200AC v1 & v2, 1900AC v2, 1900ACS v1 & v2, 3200ACM v1 & v2

• How is "Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support " relevant to any of those 6 other devices (as this was the de facto thread for the WRT AC Series)?

• Why would any user with a 1200AC, 1900ACS, or 3200ACM believe this is a thread they should look in?

• ...And once someone does, no normal person is going to believe a thread with 14.928 posts, 597 pages, and no thread search is a good place to look for an answer, let alone help of any kind...

(Last edited by JW0914 on 11 Mar 2018, 18:28)

@Lantis, yes, that should have been an And rather than an Or, time for the blue eyed one to get some love.

JW0914 wrote:
Lantis wrote:
JW0914 wrote:

Please see the LEDE Forum, as this thread is dead and should remain so.

I'm fully aware of both forums, and am simply posting where i know the intended user has recently and is mostly active.
Thanks for your concern.

Perhaps create a new thread then?  This thread is pointless, serves a purpose to only make it more difficult for anyone looking for help to obtain it, and should remain dead.  Per my above posts here and here:

• Currently, there are 14,928 posts (597 pages) with no ability on this forum for thread search, which is why this thread is as long as it is, and no sane person would believe this is a good thread to get information, let alone help, from.

• I'd likely be accurate in stating this is likely the longest thread in the history of any forum on the internet.... it's absurd.

• This thread was created in April 2014 when the only device in the WRT AC Series was the 1900AC v1

• Currently there are the 1200AC v1 & v2, 1900AC v2, 1900ACS v1 & v2, 3200ACM v1 & v2

• How is "Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support " relevant to any of those 6 other devices (as this was the de facto thread for the WRT AC Series)?

• Why would any user with a 1200AC, 1900ACS, or 3200ACM believe this is a thread they should look in?

• ...And once someone does, no normal person is going to believe a thread with 14.928 posts, 597 pages, and no thread search is a good place to look for an answer, let alone help of any kind...

I just looked for the best currently supported thread for the 1900 series... Thus I have stuck to David's thread as the one to watch. Simply easy to follow.

Notsofast wrote:
JW0914 wrote:
Lantis wrote:

Thanks for your concern.

I just looked for the best currently supported thread for the 1900 series... Thus I have stuck to David's thread as the one to watch. Simply easy to follow.

Considering this thread has been inactive for 3 months, that reasoning doesn't hold water...

This thread is not David's  thread + I am now making this thread even longer. If you don't like the length of this thread then can you stop posting   and making this thread even longer. I have now ran out of ways to say making this thread even longer. Now I will go away and stop macking this thread even longer. tongue

O yeah, I will post on what ever forum I want to so screw you! oops I did it again! Now the thread is even longer.

Can I chime in to make it even a little longer? ;-)

Regarding the mvebu RTC issue, there are now two different ways to try and patch things:

• A backport patch set to allow access to HW RTC and get clock working, drift is too great though.

• Disable mvebu RTC on rest of the Linksys wrt devices.

with consensus probably to the latter as the fix.

Regarding the mamba reboot.

A somewhat modified patch on patchworks has been submitted regarding the flash change on new rango units. Hopefully it finds its way into master soon.

This is now on by default, maybe a little under the radar given target(s), but of value nonetheless.

The discussion might have continued from here.