OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

@gsustek

I see wigyori pulled several commits right after I regenerated the base branch, that might be the reason, will look into it today.

As for the ubi stall, that means you changed enough to not run into the race condition any more. I haven't really tried to figure out the issue yet but it's no that obvious how things go wrong for you.

HI
It seems that on the realtime traffic graphs, the direction is inverted?

@anyone Anyone running mamba experiencing reboots on LEDE (im currently building OpenWRT for reference). When I download large files the router hangs then reboots (I'm not sure if the problem is kernel 4.4.39 or sch_cake since I've gutted my img to just base system with cake and luci and the reboots happen (maybe swconfig))? I'm lost until i run openwrt which should be in 4.4.14 kernel

Update: Tested with current Openwrt DD and the router doesn't hang seems to me the culprit maybe be:

1) Kernel 4.4.39
2) sch_cake
3) less likely mwlwifi (as the openwrt build has 20161011 not 20161222)
4) maybe some updated package in LEDE that leads  to a hang?

(Last edited by lifehacksback on 29 Dec 2016, 00:25)

swrt-2016-12-29
---------------

Looks like the threshold of conflicts git can resolve without even asking was reached. Rebased the series on top of master, so some patches are no longer identical with the ones pending merge. No functional changes. Sorry for delay.

swrt-2016-12-29.tar.xz: https://gpldr.in/v/mscJWnDZLJ/7N3U5jImjxUAkYXb
sha256sum: 1170f471459088fd01bfd765e1946d15a7923c3ab56ee1aaaaf0cc513c0f18b4

lifehacksback wrote:

@anyone Anyone running mamba experiencing reboots on LEDE (im currently building OpenWRT for reference). When I download large files the router hangs then reboots (I'm not sure if the problem is kernel 4.4.39 or sch_cake since I've gutted my img to just base system with cake and luci and the reboots happen (maybe swconfig))? I'm lost until i run openwrt which should be in 4.4.14 kernel

Update: Tested with current Openwrt DD and the router doesn't hang seems to me the culprit maybe be:

1) Kernel 4.4.39
2) sch_cake

@sera thnx.
@lifehacksback please describe scenario in taxative way

Just a question, I got my WRT1900ACS, set them up on first shot within 5 minutes using 15.05.1 for now, no problems..
First of all: Thanks!

Testing with iperf -r against my laptop with ubuntu 16.04/intel 8260 in the same room (5g), I get - very happy with! - these numbers:

Up: [  5]  0.0-10.0 sec   390 MBytes   327 Mbits/sec
Down: [  4]  0.0-10.0 sec   662 MBytes   555 Mbits/sec

I'm fully aware that measuring Wlan-Throughput is very, very dependent on many circumstances!
Just want to know if these numbers (net throughput!) are reasonable or if there is some space to grow by tweaking, newer Kernels etc..

Michael

Anyone already tried DSA on 4.10 with a Mamba? Going by commit messages there might be quite an improvement, would be nice to have some numbers.

@sera

mind linking where you find the commit messages?

Thanks!

lifehacksback,

git log v4.9..v4.10-rc2  -- drivers/net/dsa/
sera wrote:

Anyone already tried DSA on 4.10 with a Mamba? Going by commit messages there might be quite an improvement, would be nice to have some numbers.

I will give it a shot and report back cool

lifehacksback wrote:

1) Kernel 4.4.39
2) sch_cake

Just download a large file? How big are you talking? To my local pc, or USB drive in the router?

I can test this later this evening on LEDE 4.4.39 r2726 on a WRT1900ACv1 with cake discipline active, as I have one running at the house at the moment.

(Last edited by cybrnook2002 on 3 Jan 2017, 19:17)

A new Killer variant is coming. I wonder if the hardware in this is any different to the WRT3200ACM or if it's just software (Killer SQM)? Looks good in black though

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/links … r-dna.html

(Last edited by listerwrt on 4 Jan 2017, 12:04)

listerwrt wrote:

A new Killer variant is coming. I wonder if the hardware in this is any different to the WRT3200ACM or if it's just software (Killer SQM)? Looks good in black though

Black spraycan, other name, new model, new upgraded pricetag... smile

(Last edited by moccolo on 4 Jan 2017, 14:38)

cybrnook2002 wrote:

Just download a large file? How big are you talking? To my local pc, or USB drive in the router?

I can test this later this evening on LEDE 4.4.39 r2726 on a WRT1900ACv1 with cake discipline active, as I have one running at the house at the moment.

5x 4K videos simultaneously (4 @30fps and 1 @60fps)
2x "testmy.net" 200 MB download
2x samba transfer of the same 10GB.7z to 2 PCs

Running a script to adblock https://gist.github.com/teffalump/7227752 with Y on both ipv6 and ssl

K3.3.39 should reboot quickly, 4.4.38 might take much longer, if you test my openwrt DD img it should be perfectly fine...

moccolo wrote:
listerwrt wrote:

Black spraycan, other name, new model, new upgraded pricetag... smile

You're probably right big_smile

listerwrt wrote:

It's just a WRT3200ACM with modified firmware crammed into a black casing with blue leds. But I agree, it looks nice.

nitroshift

swrt-2017-01-07
---------------

The xtables-addons patches got merged upstream so just waiting for a release. Switching to newer dsa binding was picked up as well, so in due time ...

Apart from the usual bumps I also modified the build_dist script a tad. A couple examples.

./swrt/build_dist.bash
./swrt/build_dist.bash --target Shelby --branch 4.10
./swrt/build_dist.bash --target Mamba --branch next --swconfig --build-packages
./swrt/build_dist.bash --help

* linux-4.8: bump to 4.8.16
* linux-4.9: bump to 4.9.1
* linux-4.10: bump to 4.10-rc2
* linux-next: bump to next-20170106

* linux-4.9: drop no longer needed ledtrig-usbport fix
* rango: update power led in DT as was done for openwrt
* mwlwifi-nocompat: bump to 2017-01-03
* swrt/build_dist.bash: updates

swrt-2017-01-07.tar.xz: https://gpldr.in/v/6SwUkaYYbZ/yOLkWxxVk0Tw8BQD
sha256sum: adb74bae72df6e1b09eca7afb7c21bf1aff5ef3cd7cba920562220afef8d85d7

@sera

linux-4.10-rc3 is out

Yup, and a 4.8 and 4.9 release is due today (very likely), maybe 4.8 will be marked EOL as well. Will fire the builder afterwards.

sera wrote:

swrt-2017-01-07

@sera, sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly is your "swrt" distribution? I downloaded and unpcked it, it seems to be a collection of patches.

But what do they need to be applied to? Is it just for WRT1900AC, or also for WRT1200AC? And what do they do? And who uses them?

Thanks for shedding some light on this. I tried to find the answer in this thread, but couldn't... :-(

(Last edited by ralfbergs on 9 Jan 2017, 20:49)

ralfbergs,

it indeed is just a bunch of patches. It's meant to be applied on top of openwrt/master using "git am". Ansuel wanted to port the series to lede, but we don't know if he succeeded yet.

The series adds support for recent and upcoming kernels and some other gimmicks, but more importantly it allows me to work with the various upstreams.

Swrt supports all models in the series. Either way, it's meant to be used for your highly customized builds, so building from source is a given wink

Does anybody know of any way to limit 5GHz channels available?

My problem is that my AC PCI card (TP-Link Archer T8E) cannot see high channels (149 and above), and LEDE keeps changing to them every time, even when it's configured to use channel 56.

Is there any way to "blacklist" those channels? Perhaps choosing a different country (I'm in Spain)?

Thanks in advance.

@aluisperezh,

Probably this switch is done automatically, because of the over sensitive or broken DFS implementation of the Marwell wifi driver firmware.
Your best option is NOT to use any DFS enabled channels, but select a channel between 36 and 48.

sera wrote:

ralfbergs,

it indeed is just a bunch of patches. It's meant to be applied on top of openwrt/master using "git am". Ansuel wanted to port the series to lede, but we don't know if he succeeded yet.

The series adds support for recent and upcoming kernels and some other gimmicks, but more importantly it allows me to work with the various upstreams.

Swrt supports all models in the series. Either way, it's meant to be used for your highly customized builds, so building from source is a given wink

i have refreshed all the patch and they apply well with a lede build, but i have some problem with compiling all of the code. Need more work to do and more "adaptation"... Anyway my work has stopped for christmas and other things...
I think i will resume the work on it... Anyway do you have a github so i can see the commit between each version so i don't need to recap all the changes that you made to the patches?

sera wrote:

Thanks very much for taking the time to elaborate.

Nowadays I'm too busy for these things, unfortunately. There have been times (when Linux kernel was at version 0.xx) where I applied every patch and recompiled the kernel, but those times are long gone...

Sorry, posts 13976 to 13975 are missing from our archive.