OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

InkblotAdmirer wrote:

@northbound

Sorry, you likely have to modify the file group as well.  I'm operating from memory here.

Thanks much it works.
add   dnsmasq:x:453:dnsmasq        to /etc/group
add   dnsmasq:x:453:453:dnsmasq:/var/run/dnsmasq:/bin/false    to /etc/passwd
add   dnsmasq:x:0:0:99999:7:::    to /etc/shadow

Thanks again for the answer. smile

(Last edited by northbound on 27 Apr 2016, 12:50)

Is the following a bug or known bug.

SSH access from the outside (Internet) stops working after a reboot. To get it working again I have to save the dropbear configuration in the Administration GUI. No changes, just a save, and it starts working again.

Does this issue sound familiar to anyone?

Best Regards,

Is there any way to solve the problem with wifi 5ghz
always off and stop being accessible

@davidc502

I had to "hotplug" dropbear so it would restart on wan up -- otherwise it sees no wan interface when you reboot and stops listening on the port tied to that interface.  There's a wiki entry on this, should be google-able.

sincrack wrote:

There is no known way to solve this problem right now. The expectation is that it will eventually get solved, but something that is so hard to duplicate is very hard to debug.

I've seen quite a few routers have similar problems, and the ones that have been fixed have all been tracked to subtle bugs in the driver. In some cases it has been years before the problem is finally tracked down and fixed (and that's when developers have been able to see the problem on their equipment)

the drivers for these APs are in a midway state where they are not yet in the upstream kernel, and the developers are working to fix the issues that have already been identified to get them into an acceptable state. It's very possible that fixing these issues will also make the drivers more reliable without the developers realizing that they've fixed this particular issue. As such, each new driver/firmware release is greeted with hope that it will solve the problem.

sincrack wrote:

Setting a predefined channel instead of "auto" solves the issue here.

nitroshift

(Last edited by nitroshift on 27 Apr 2016, 20:43)

InkblotAdmirer wrote:

@davidc502

I had to "hotplug" dropbear so it would restart on wan up -- otherwise it sees no wan interface when you reboot and stops listening on the port tied to that interface.  There's a wiki entry on this, should be google-able.

Found it -- https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/dropbear

Thanks

nitroshift wrote:
sincrack wrote:

Setting a predefined channel instead of "auto" solves the issue here.

nitroshift

LOL, until you mentioned it I didn't even know "auto" was a selection.

Hi, i tried yesterday davidc502's build on 1900ACS, SATA wasn't working and kernel modules version didn't match, so i skipp to mrfrezee's build. With Mrfrezee buils , SATA is working, but after some time, router just stop's responding maybe it means that .17 WiFi driver didn't fix..

Is,there i stable version of buid for 1900ACS router?

thnx!!

Just download the packages for the right kernel version from MrFreeze's site, and force the install with opkg.

gsustek wrote:

Hi, i tried yesterday davidc502's build on 1900ACS, SATA wasn't working and kernel modules version didn't match, so i skipp to mrfrezee's build. With Mrfrezee buils , SATA is working, but after some time, router just stop's responding maybe it means that .17 WiFi driver didn't fix..

thnx!!

That's weird, i found my router crashed this morning too (unresponsive leds, no serial activity), had to powercycle the beast. That's the first time it crashed from it's own in a long time (most of the time it was resulting of some debug or kernel stress).

But i'm pretty sure it's not the WiFi driver as it the current trunk one (.17), more like a complete freeze instead of a CPU oops. I'll investigate the issue.

Are you using NFS or Samba on your disks ?

EDIT: I'll not be around much during the rest of the week

(Last edited by mrfrezee on 28 Apr 2016, 16:56)

I'm also seeing random freezes on my WRT1900ACv2 running mrfrezee's build downloaded April 12.

mrfrezee wrote:
gsustek wrote:

thnx!!

That's weird, i found my router crashed this morning too (unresponsive leds, no serial activity), had to powercycle the beast. That's the first time it crashed from it's own in a long time (most of the time it was resulting of some debug or kernel stress).

But i'm pretty sure it's not the WiFi driver as it the current trunk one (.17), more like a complete freeze instead of a CPU oops. I'll investigate the issue.

FYI -- I cloned and built from the 26th, and am not seeing that problem -- YET? wink

On another note, I think I managed to wedge the 5GHz device by attempting to set channel 120, which requires DFS. The phy is there but the dev is missing, even after reverting the change and a reboot.

I have the WRT1200AC, is the current state of the 5Ghz not working at all?
Running David's Snapshot Builds W/LuCi (flashed today)

No problems with wifi or 5Ghz

What are you running up against?

What are the settings?

(Last edited by davidc502 on 29 Apr 2016, 02:57)

"Wireless is disabled or not associated"

When i go to edit the drop down boxes are all empty

Operating frequency, Mode, Band, Channel, Width

edit: never mind deleting and creating a new network seams to have worked.
It was showing generic network (radio0), but now i can see Marvell 88W8864 802.11nac (radio0)

(Last edited by malleyc on 29 Apr 2016, 03:48)

It's a fairly common issue, but easily resolved.

Best Regards,

David

mrfrezee wrote:

I got the same complete freeze on my 1900ACS as you a couple of days ago using your last build (17Apr). I'm not using samba/nfs. I've got one single USB device: an external usb wifi adapter.
I hope it helps

mrfrezee wrote:
gsustek wrote:

thnx!!

i have installed samba and nfs4 but not using them.

Hey folks,

I just bought the wrt1200ac yesterday to replace my wr1043nd after 4 years of excellent service. I flashed 15.05.1, I loaded my config from the 1043nd and after fixing the switch ports to match the wrt schema it worked like a charm.
Wireless ac 5ghz with fixed channel and no issues at the moment. Almost double the WiFi speed compared to 1043nd.
The router is blazing fast.
One thing i noticed though, it only shows 23mb available for software storage. Whats all those partitions about?
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                   23.6M      1.5M     20.9M   7% /
/dev/root                 2.5M      2.5M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                   251.6M      1.4M    250.1M   1% /tmp
/dev/ubi0_1              23.6M      1.5M     20.9M   7% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay       23.6M      1.5M     20.9M   7% /
ubi1:syscfg              29.6M    268.0K     27.8M   1% /tmp/syscfg
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev

thanks in advance

davidc502 wrote:

Is the following a bug or known bug.

SSH access from the outside (Internet) stops working after a reboot. To get it working again I have to save the dropbear configuration in the Administration GUI. No changes, just a save, and it starts working again.

Does this issue sound familiar to anyone?

Best Regards,

Fixed: https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/49272

nitroshift

@mrfrezee

Are you compiling with marvell-cesa enabled?  If so, this will cause lockups on the ACS (and likely V2 hardware, although I don't have that to test).

I posted the patch for this a few pages back.

Also, I never had a stable build with OCF cryptodev -- it would always lock up.  I had to use cryptodev-linux but to auto-build with this you need to add cryptodev as a build dependency in openssl otherwise openssl won't see the engine.

So i should just remove crypto package?

(Last edited by gsustek on 29 Apr 2016, 16:01)

Sorry, posts 11001 to 11000 are missing from our archive.