OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

from experience -- Putting 5Ghz wifi on CPU(1) will slow or decrease chances of cpu stall. However, one can still get them. Who knows how many posts back, I posted the logs of a cpu(1) stall because of 5Ghz.

IMHO it helps to do so, but doesn't stop the problem from happening completely. Keep in mind, hopefully this is just a measure to mask a problem until Marvel fixes it permanently.

LogicoZone wrote:
Chadster766 wrote:
gufus wrote:

Do you think it might help in RC3?

Give it a try,  I look forward to your results.

I just set it up. each band on different CPU. Usually, I got lockup daily. We'll see.

I've tried and it has not made a difference for me.

IvanRaide wrote:

I'm just trying this as well, but my wifis are on interrupt 88, 89.
In the example/gufus example they are 87,88 -- do they stay consistent on a reboot, or should the script setting their affinity grep for "armada_370_xp_irq  59" and flip the irq on the output?

I grepped it, just in case

echo 2 > /proc/irq/`cat /proc/interrupts | grep 'armada_370_xp_irq  59' | cut -f1 -d':' | cut -f2 -d' '`/smp_affinity

One thing I've noticed is that the interrupts are enumerated differently depending on whether you are running on a 3.18 or 4.x kernel.

IvanRaide wrote:

In the example/gufus example they are 87,88 -- do they stay consistent on a reboot, or should the script setting their affinity grep for "armada_370_xp_irq  59" and flip the irq on the output?

echo 2 > /proc/irq/`cat /proc/interrupts | grep 'armada_370_xp_irq  59' | cut -f1 -d':' | cut -f2 -d' '`/smp_affinity

RC3

Linux 3.18.17 #1 SMP Fri Jul 3 18:58:24 CEST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

87:        181    5383978  armada_370_xp_irq  59  mwlwifi
 88:    1774812          0  armada_370_xp_irq  60  mwlwifi

I've been surfing the web on 5ghz, notice the cpu number is larger.

Statistics
http://www.gypsy-designs.com/556.jpg

BTW

5ghz is going in/out a OpenVPN tunnel

OpenVPN STATISTICS
Updated,Fri Sep  4 09:09:08 2015
TUN/TAP read bytes,13873672
TUN/TAP write bytes,60946834
TCP/UDP read bytes,78307012
TCP/UDP write bytes,18648234
Auth read bytes,60952350
pre-compress bytes,12826081
post-compress bytes,12746781
pre-decompress bytes,531666
post-decompress bytes,587353
END

(Last edited by gufus on 4 Sep 2015, 16:15)

I know I am way behind on learning IPV6 addressing.  Does anyone know how the "br-lan" interface gets it's assignment?  Reason I ask is it was never setup by me but seems to have a valid assignment based on the "wan" ipv6 address.

(Last edited by kirkgbr on 6 Sep 2015, 16:26)

Has anyone been able to successfully mounted a FAT or FAT32 usb stick ? if so, could you please explain how.
For me only ext4 format works. Even though i have all the vfat etv packages installed.

Is there a time-table for Chaos Calmer to be finalized? Or is there a projected date for release?

davidc502 wrote:

Is there a time-table for Chaos Calmer to be finalized? Or is there a projected date for release?

Not for the time being. There still are platforms for which the build breaks but it's being worked on as we speak.

nitroshift

(Last edited by nitroshift on 7 Sep 2015, 20:04)

I have gone back to using RC3 with the July 7.2.* firmware + gufus' daemon-ized fan control + the splitting of the WiFi btw the cores and so far I've gotten one hiccup that required a manual reboot otherwise everything seems to be smooth and temps are a very nice level, that said the fan comes on quite often to keep the temps down but i don't really mind as the fan isn't louder than my computer's fan.

@gufus have you tried up-streaming your fan control daemon? It works rather well and it seems to much better than the cron job. I do have one thing to add. maybe allow up to 5 minutes before turning on the fan again even if temps are pushed further than the threshold values. otherwise great addition and thanks for sharing.

@nitroshift If i recall correctly you were working on hw accel for crypto or ssl(i cant really recall)? How's that been working out? Are you still working on that? Thanks!

(Last edited by lifehacksback on 8 Sep 2015, 13:42)

Any news from Belkin on repairing the driver from the latest release?

lifehacksback wrote:

I do have one thing to add. maybe allow up to 5 minutes before turning on the fan again even if temps are pushed further than the threshold values.

The temps do jump around a bit. So it's hard to set the thresholds.

Just use this code, run it from the command line. it will show REAL-TIME info.

Much easer to set the thresholds.

while true; do a=`cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/temp1_input`; b=`cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/temp1_input`; c=`cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/temp2_input`; d=`date +"%H:%M:%S"`; f=`cat /sys/devices/pwm_fan/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1`; echo $d cputemp=$(($a/1000))" "ddrtemp=$(($b/1000))" "wifitemp=$(($c/1000)) fanstatus=$f;sleep 1; done
tusc wrote:
IvanRaide wrote:

One thing I've noticed is that the interrupts are enumerated differently depending on whether you are running on a 3.18 or 4.x kernel.

I added this snippet to /etc/rc.local and was puzzled as to why it did not appear to be executing.  A little digging shows that it takes a bit for /proc/irq to get mounted and /etc/rc.local was running before it was mounted.  I added the following:

# Put your custom commands here that should be executed once
# the system init finished. By default this file does nothing.
while [ ! -f /proc/irq/`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /bin/grep 'armada_370_xp_irq  59' | /usr/bin/cut -f1 -d':' | /usr/bin/cut -f2 -d' '`/smp_affinity ]
do
  sleep 1
done
echo 2 > /proc/irq/`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /bin/grep 'armada_370_xp_irq  59' | /usr/bin/cut -f1 -d':' | /usr/bin/cut -f2 -d' '`/smp_affinity
exit 0

and now things are working as I expect.  Thanks for this little snippet.

That's good to know, I rebooted a couple of times and did notice that it didn't always work, but as Chadster766 mentioned the number seems to be consistent to the firmware version, so I just changed my to hardcoded numbers, (in my case 88,89), but this will be better at being future proof, (and I still will need the sleep of course to make sure its mounted)

(Last edited by IvanRaide on 9 Sep 2015, 22:20)

can anyone say to why i can't use SAMBA ?
i really try to found the Share option over the Luci and can't find nothing like share ou samba
i tried rm /tmp/luci-indexcache an nothing happin
i tried to restart an apears this "-ash: /etc/init.d/samba: not found"
i didn't have samba installed how i can install ?

eduzola wrote:

can anyone say to why i can't use SAMBA ?
i really try to found the Share option over the Luci and can't find nothing like share ou samba
i tried rm /tmp/luci-indexcache an nothing happin
i tried to restart an apears this "-ash: /etc/init.d/samba: not found"
i didn't have samba installed how i can install ?

maybe you should make a different thread.. and.. read wiki
http://wiki.openwrt.org/
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/cifs.server
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/usb … binterface
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/samba

I know this is random but can someone please tell me how to go back to the stock firmware on this router? ive tried numerous times through the luci interface but it didnt work hmm/

Under Flash new Firmware, did you uncheck "keep settings"?

My first attempts to go back didn't work because I had that checked.

DavidMcWRT wrote:

15.05 due soon - directory is there but access denied:

Yes smile

yes I unchecked keep settings, it still fails on me ;((

@eduzola

Let's start with first step: do you see your external drive under System ---> Mount Points?

nitroshift