OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Bricked WR1043 V2

The content of this topic has been archived on 12 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all, have a small problem with my WR1043 V2...

Accidentally I flashed my stock router to openwrt sysupgrade firmware. Next thing was I couldn't connect to my router via the web browser.
Read some things and telnet still worked, tried to flash factory to openwrt firmware in it, which succeeded. But I still couldn't connect to the router via the web browser.

Next I tried some stuff and bricked the thing. Soldered a header on it, installed tftp and entered the router via the serial interface. Followed the description here: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl- … 232.method

Which worked out, reflashed the wr1043 to wrt firmware again. But still I can't access the router via the web browser. So I have no graphical environment.

Would love to go back to factory firmware, but that one contains the bootloader, so it won't flash.

Working on windows 8 using firefox.

Does anyone know how to solve the fact I can't access the router via the web browser? Getting quite frustrated about it atm...

(Last edited by Godtoh on 17 Apr 2014, 20:31)

Godtoh wrote:

Hi all, have a small problem with my WR1043 V2...

Accidentally I flashed my stock router to openwrt sysupgrade firmware. Next thing was I couldn't connect to my router via the web browser.

IIRC, the OpenWRT firmware doesn't include GUI. Once you have the route flashed with an OpenWRT firmware, you will need to login first to change the factory password and logout. Then, use an SSH to login and start installing the GUI part using opkg. You must have the router connected to the live Internet feed because his process will dynamically fetch the GUI package to install.

That's wierd, I have a WR841 at home which has the gui after flashing it.

If that's the case I rather go back to stock firmware, if someone has some advice to do that.

(Last edited by Godtoh on 17 Apr 2014, 21:21)

Maybe you have installed older AA on your wr841n? AA is final (with broken wifi), but includes gui. You can install web gui to newer BB too. It is done by these commands I think, but I don't use it, the beuty of openwrt is in its command line, web gui is ugly wink

opkg update
opkg install luci

I like web gui and hate command line. But I changed the stock firmware... Took the boot sector out and flashed it using serial... And it worked at once smile
Pretty happy.

The discussion might have continued from here.