OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Unsecured WISP AP-Unable to Connect

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

I recently got a 24dB grid antenna and got to scanning around. I found a WISP here in my town and its Open and Unsecured. The AP shows up and when im trying to connect it doesn't assigning an IP Address. The AP is unsecure and open but afaik it doesn't issue an IP via DHCP.

I was able to somewhat get onto the AP by setting up a static IP I got from Wireshark capture but wasn't able to get connected to the internet.

I tried to setup my dlink router with ddwrt in it and set into wireless client bridge mode and got connected but the problem is I still cant get any information to connect to the internet.

Can someone give me an ideas?

Thank you and more power

it could have pppoe authentication or mac/ip filtering, you cannot know.. and what you are doing in illegal!!

im just curious why i cant connect to the internet since it is an open network and all client cpe's are connected to it, i already hacked the 12dbi antenna  and opened it and what i found is a regular router in it but i cant open the configuration of the router, because i think it is ip filtered,  i cant afford to subscribe to their service because its very expensive,  thats why im trying to bypass their internet connection for free, it will be a great appreciation if someone will help me how to do this,
thank you

The discussion might have continued from here.