OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Is it possible to change the version of libubox in the backfire?

The content of this topic has been archived on 27 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Is it possible to change the version of libubox in the backfire?

Is it possible to use a recent version of libubox

(Last edited by kallel on 17 Mar 2014, 10:29)

Yes. But, I wouldn't recommend that. Also, you will have to recompile it once you change the version.

If you want a more recent or latest version, why not contemplate to use the daily snapshot version or even compile it yourself from the SVN trunk?

mazilo wrote:

Yes. But, I wouldn't recommend that. Also, you will have to recompile it once you change the version.

If you want a more recent or latest version, why not contemplate to use the daily snapshot version or even compile it yourself from the SVN trunk?

I mean in the official version (in the svn branch) of backfire

kallel wrote:
mazilo wrote:

I mean in the official version (in the svn branch) of backfire

Yes. Just edit the OpenWRT Makefile for the libubox package to reflect the version you want. If there is an MD5SUM entry, you also need to replace it with the MD5SUM for the version you will use. Then, recompile the package.

The discussion might have continued from here.