OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Broken WA5210G .... Any Help !

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

hello guys I'm new to this site as a member but I was always here learning from you and many times it was very useful to read in this forum....

Since 5 days I've a problem with my TL-WA5210G outdoor access Point  suddenly the LAN port isn't connecting at all I did many times reset and nothing then decided to connect through serial cable and I did it and was trying to get anything through PUTTY but nothing in the end and then I tried Hyper-Terminal and I got these... any help please  or consider the device DEAD sad ?

the text varies depending on the speeding of SERIAL that I was changing it trying to see if it makes any effect

a!Ak[ug
       "–(OpŽ—  M1—Ž‚/=?”ÄF±
                              $§‚±o‚i7®J,‘íÂFB!B/‘MBCž?B/‘N#%bÇíaBC%‰B/‘
Zîu—#%!Š/îoui&žÎ±;í÷B>
                      @C=!Y›‘’BC•      Î%µ6µÎN煎ΆΆ΄?5·„΄ÎÎjµŽÎ&1;nâžÎ†Î
„΄Îß'?±RGBRe/BNC5b/BwB Nj
                          swB   wCBnP@ =!!%'>HBA =
R       NFNJ7BN]B%;     B&+Bn %9n       VBRFOB$S@ nNQB3B/BB?FQB5r3QjBBu NNB$'S2N
iJc/
k5nBnAnkNui-nABN.B!JQnNK5gUOOWRwP5nQPjPUBnnOnQBBnNnNoUjnsKwYTKwKgHGf5GRNKKXG[nuU
jOBJ7
     nKwBEBkU-C":!j2@J"9Ft#@2$!%P
                                 N
                                  JGn^SJ: 

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

Sounded like a baud rate issue. What is the current baud rate setting? Try to change other baud rate and see if the problem persists.

what ttl serial adapter are you using?

anyway if your lan port is dead serial wont fix it...

(Last edited by nebbia88 on 15 Mar 2014, 08:06)

thanx a lot everybody and I just figure out that LAN port was dead exactly as (nebbia88) said << thnx a lot mate

and I just had to change the device....

thnx a lot guys

Guys... I'm sorry but just today I bought same device TL-WA5210G a new device and is working perfect but it makes me mad that again I can't access it with the PUTTY and still give me the same screens that I posted it earlier with the unknown text and  still the device working perfect and LAN port is working and I can access it with the web interface.....

here's how I connect my wires:-

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

Any Solution...!  ( all of that because I wanna learn on PUTTY )

(Last edited by everlove130 on 18 Mar 2014, 14:13)

Looks like you need to buy UART->Serial converter or UART->USB.

what is that ?
already I've got a DKU-5 cable and I cut the nokia connector end and I use it but still give em the same ??

any suggestions?

did you get the pinout from the ca42 correctly? post pictures of your setup.

also read this

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/hardware/port.serial

it was a bad idea to connect an rs232 adapter, i would not do that again!

(Last edited by nebbia88 on 19 Mar 2014, 07:05)

i did the pinout correctly from DKU-5 because even when i'm connecting with prolific 2303 still give me the same text...

as I understand the prolific 2303 USB-to-RS232 = DKU-5

and by the way I got a male-male RS232 Com and Female-Female RS232 Com and I connect both together to have in the end Male-Female com cable and i did connect the tplink 5210G and through putty give me the same damn thing unknown text.

even with the new device that's working now still give me that text sad ....
I'm wondering if that device has been designed to connect through serial and wondering if not so why the are these point out on the board?

one more thing ever time i'm connecting the device there's no power adapter separated...it's powering on through POE injector...

*** LAST THING ***
I did call TPLINK C/S today and they said to me you can't access that WA5210G from putty or telnet because it's an Access-Point not a router....? do you think guys this is the problem ?

(Last edited by everlove130 on 20 Mar 2014, 09:48)

dku-5 or ca42 are Nokia Cell Phone data cable.
no RS232 involved, ever!

post pictures of your dku-5 ... i only see a d-sub 9 pin in your pic!

ok sorry of being late answer but I had some problems recently and I just solve them out.

this is exactly what i did and here's an image i found it on the internet so I did how it was saying and still have the same unknown text
PunBB bbcode test
PunBB bbcode test

and I coonect it to my WA5210G and the result is that picture from PUTTY

(Last edited by everlove130 on 24 Mar 2014, 23:47)

The discussion might have continued from here.