OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Attitude Adjustment + TP-Link 3600 + wifi patch?

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all,

unfortunately I have not only hardware revisions 1.1 and 1.2, so WiFi gets unstable with several Clients (5-10) after one to four days. My SqueezeBoxen simply lose connection, one after the other. In http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wdr3600 I read that I either have to install Barrier Breaker or an Attitude Adjustment with a "wifi patch".

What's that wifi patch? Where is it? Are there binary builds with that patach applied?

Had the same situation.
Attitude Adjustment repeatedly dropped the connection on my WDR3600.
Barrier Breaker gave stable connections, but both OpenWRT versions gave me low transmission rates (~35Mbps).
I'm now back on stock FW and get ~60Mbps.

I am also really curious what this Wifi-patch means.. Anyone?

I am installing Attitude adjustment on my WDR 3600 v1.5, how to apply this WiFi Patch.

ElFishi wrote:

Had the same situation.
Attitude Adjustment repeatedly dropped the connection on my WDR3600.
Barrier Breaker gave stable connections, but both OpenWRT versions gave me low transmission rates (~35Mbps).
I'm now back on stock FW and get ~60Mbps.

Most likely the "Forced HT" mode was disabled in your openwrt wifi settings. Enabling it wouldve done the trick for you.

@OP why altitudea adjustment ? why don't you just use barrier breaker instead ? It runs flawlessly on my wdr3600 with all the heavy stuff loaded ( openvpn, pptpd, samba, ftp, multiwan, proxy, transmission, minidlna etc..) without ever needing a manual reboot..

farrukh wrote:

@OP why altitudea adjustment ? why don't you just use barrier breaker instead ? It runs flawlessly on my wdr3600 with all the heavy stuff loaded ( openvpn, pptpd, samba, ftp, multiwan, proxy, transmission, minidlna etc..) without ever needing a manual reboot..

I was not sure about it. I am using Wifidog+ multiple SSID + BATMAN-adv + sshtunnel + syslog + tinyproxy in my application . was not sure that this system will work after upgrading to BB. I also built custom Image with Auto update with some scripting link I found. will all this work on BB.

only way to find out is to try....

The discussion might have continued from here.