OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Developing Support for TPLINK TL-WA7210N v2

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

I Bought TP-Link TL-WA7210N V2 , the factory firmware is has a lot bug , and interface is look very simple

And TL-WA7201n V2 is not yet supported by openwrt

Is it possible to support TL-WA7210N to openwrt firmware ?

Thanks.

Just make sure your serial number does not start with 137XXXXX

sourc7 wrote:

Hi,

I Bought TP-Link TL-WA7210N V2 , the factory firmware is has a lot bug , and interface is look very simple

Thanks.

Would you open the chassis and see what are the major components:

CPU: AR9341?
RAM: 32M   ?
Flash: 4M?

Telnet into it, and dmesg.

Basically it can be supported by Openwrt, but need detailed info about hardware.

danymarc wrote:

My SN 13ABXXXXXXX

eeff11 wrote:
sourc7 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Basically it can be supported by Openwrt, but need detailed info about hardware.

Sorry my ap already on top on my roof ( outdoor ) , I worries when i open it and close it , the ap can be damaged from water or something

sourc7 wrote:
danymarc wrote:

My SN 13ABXXXXXXX

eeff11 wrote:
sourc7 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Sorry my ap already on top on my roof ( outdoor ) , I worries when i open it and close it , the ap can be damaged from water or something

Then at least you telnet into it and put the dmesg info here, otherwise how can you expect it be supported? out of nowhere?

usually there is no telnet available in tplink firmware... i think serial console is needed wink

(Last edited by nebbia88 on 16 Jan 2014, 18:42)

I think i can't open the case ( serial console *dmesg* ) , so i let other people to post dmesg here .

(Last edited by sourc7 on 25 Jan 2014, 05:49)

sourc7 wrote:

I think i can't open the case ( serial console *dmesg* ) , so i let other people to post dmesg here .

So it will not be supported by Openwrt for it's not a popular model, without even knowing the details of hardware,it's a rare thing to develop support for it.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … mp;start=0
DD-WRT testbuild flashes ok. based on tl-mr3020
any way to revert to tp-link firmware?the internal antenna seem doesn't work in client mode   
Confirmed only works external antenna in all modes,please help 
someone has to find THe correct gpio Pins and setting for activatin THe internal antennas.

danymarc wrote:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … mp;start=0
DD-WRT testbuild flashes ok. based on tl-mr3020
any way to revert to tp-link firmware?the internal antenna seem doesn't work in client mode   
Confirmed only works external antenna in all modes,please help 
someone has to find THe correct gpio Pins and setting for activatin THe internal antennas.

You can revert to tp-link firmware , just search on google "dd wrt to original firmware"
Or maybe this blog can help http://ediy.com.my/index.php/blog/item/ … l-firmware

Thank you for notify us for this info.

I have tested Openwrt Chaos Calmer 15.05 RC3.

openwrt-15.05-rc3-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa7210n-v2-squashfs-factory.bin

In generally, except for these issues it is working properly.
Issues that need to be improved:

1) Internal Vertical and Horizontal antenna not selectable not work how is it work?
2) Transmission Power (Tx-Power): max 26dbm country code is BZ ( How up to 27 dbm(Official tp-link firmware up to 27dbm))

Is there testing? Write the answer please?

Hi...
I did reflash a lot of them. I resolded vertical antenna to external antenna and a lot of them worked fine. The is an aditional small script to make everithing work fine.

So i bought 5 of theese APs last week and flahed them as usually, after resolding. Something strange happened...
They got bricked!

I was having an old one at home and opened the case and inside it says v2.0 but on the outside of the case it stated to be an v2.1. I looked at the new ones inside and they say v2.1.

What's the catch? Is there a new v2.1?

The strangest thing is that i made it to unbrick them downloading from TP-L... support page the stock firmware wich is the same as for the old ones...

Has anyone had theese troubles? How can i flash OpenWrt on theese APs?

Thanks for your answers.

The discussion might have continued from here.