OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: package compile problem

The content of this topic has been archived on 15 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Please help me! I'm a new one to openwrt, when i compile a package it shows :

rstrip.sh: /home/crisc/openwrt-dreambox/build_dir/target-mipsel_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/toolchain/ipkg-ramips/libgcc/lib/libgcc_s.so.1:shared object
/home/crisc/openwrt-dreambox/scripts/rstrip.sh: line 33: /home/crisc/openwrt-dreambox/staging_dir/host/bin/sstrip: No such file or directory

bash: ipkg-build: command not found
make[2]: *** [/home/crisc/openwrt-dreambox/bin/ramips/packages/libgcc_4.6-linaro-1_ramips.ipk] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/crisc/openwrt-dreambox/package/toolchain'
make[1]: *** [package/toolchain/compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/crisc/openwrt-dreambox'
make: *** [package/helloworld/compile] Error 2

how can i fix it?

try changing from `sstrip` to `strip` - there is a menu option after you run `make menuconfig`

I cant remember where exactly - but its there.

Now it shows
rstrip.sh: /home/crisc/openwrt-dreambox/build_dir/target-mipsel_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/toolchain/ipkg-ramips/libgcc/lib/libgcc_s.so.1:shared object
/home/crisc/openwrt-dreambox/scripts/rstrip.sh: line 33: mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc-strip: command not found

ipkg-build -c -o 0 -g 0 /home/crisc/openwrt-dreambox/build_dir/target-mipsel_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/toolchain/ipkg-ramips/libgcc /home/crisc/openwrt-dreambox/bin/ramips/packages
bash: ipkg-build: command not found
make[2]: *** [/home/crisc/openwrt-dreambox/bin/ramips/packages/libgcc_unknown-1_ramips.ipk] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/crisc/openwrt-dreambox/package/toolchain'
make[1]: *** [package/toolchain/compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/crisc/openwrt-dreambox'
make: *** [package/helloworld/compile] Error 2
How can i solve this?Thanks!

Just do make tools/sstrip/compile then tools/sstrip/install and the same with ipkg-build. That worked for me.

Hi,

I fumbled around the mysterious "libc.so.6" missing for a while.

This is a reproducible way to cause the problem:
$ cd <OWSDK>/package/PACKAGENAME/src
$ make

Now if you go to the <OWSDK> directory and run make... you will get a build error, and make V=s will report that libc.so.6 is missing

TO FIX THIS

$ cd <OWSDK>/package/PACKAGENAME/src
$ make clean
$ cd <OWSDK>
$ make

At least... that worked multiple times for me -break by building in lowest directory.  Fix by make clean there... then re-run make at top.

I hope this sorts this for you too!

The discussion might have continued from here.