OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link TL-WDR3600 switch

The content of this topic has been archived between 3 Apr 2018 and 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi Jonm,  have the exavt same issue with my WDR3600 V1.5.  can you explain how to apply the patch (and the 3rd  md5sums file)  -  also do you think the same patch can work on DD-WRT firmware (i have the same issue with DD-WRT) 

Thanks a lot

Hi eyaller,
Follow the HOWTO, but after cloning the source, in the root directory issue "git apply patchfile". You don't need the md5sums.

I doubt the patch would work on DD-WRT.

Thank you buddy. Sorry I am going to ask a newbie question... Say I am applying the openwrt version that is designed to load from the stock firmware wwebpage (file aprox 8 mb) router re boots and I have a working router with openwrt. How do I know apply this patch ?

Thanks again.

To make use of this patch, you need to build OpenWrt from source.
In the meantime feel free to test the patched image I provide here (updated to r39792).

(Last edited by jonm on 7 Mar 2014, 23:20)

Hi jonm, the folder on googledrive seems empty, can you please post the patch again. I have the same combination TC7200-Modem and TL-WDR4300 router. I made the changes from post 13. I compiled it, but it would be nice to have just a patch for future builds. Btw. are the changes in post 14 for disabling LPI on the WAN-Port? (if not what would be the WAN-port)
Thanks in advance.

committed a cleaned up version of the fix in r41577

nbd wrote:

committed a cleaned up version of the fix in r41577

Great to hear that. I see the fix disables EEE on all ports. Personally I don't really care, but in my case disabling the WAN port only fixed the issue.

The discussion might have continued from here.